"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Bull (TV Episode 2008) Poster

"Welcome To The Wild West"
ccthemovieman-124 January 2009
This is a typical CSI (Las Vegas) show, meaning totally off-the-wall. The quote above was made by a cast member as he or she investigated a murder.

Boy, though, they do get the message across what pain these rodeo riders put up with! Here, the victim, a man who had been stomped by a mega-pound bull earlier in the night during a performance, is found dead in the ring after the show.

The bull didn't kill him, but the injuries made it easier for a human to do the man in, as it turns out. Before it's over, we wind up with three deaths and all three wind up connected.

During the story, we hear several sleazy remarks from "Wendy," who is now the female "Hodges," meaning pervert in the CSI lab. Also, "Catherine Willows" and Hodges both give plugs to the movie "Brokeback Mountain." Why is that not a surprise? In this sordid story we have "Precious Ricky" the pimp; prostitutes (dead and alive), loud music for a country bar, long-haired creepy-looking people, lots of cleavage, sex jokes and a lot of twists and turns. In other words, a normal CSI episode.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Bull riding and cowboy poetry
ggonzalez-1714 January 2008
This episode sings! Jewel and Scooter Jennings put music in the rodeo! Scooter Jennings sings during a saloon brawl, only this one is different--its the women slugging it out, banging heads, and getting slapped. Bring in the cowboy western movie but add some women! The story is rodeo and bull sperm stealing (this is also cattle russ'lin?? who knew)!! The bull owner steals this show with her lessons of what happens, hows and whys to bulls and cowboys. It is delightful to watch just to see the looks on the faces of men of CSI. A rodeo rider is killed, a young woman is dead and how are they connected. We do find out. We also have poetry mentioned (by Gil Grissom), Catherine reads a poem, then Gil reads the same poem. Both have a different take on this poem. But at the very end, maybe Gil decides these words have a different meaning to him. And the second viewing is even funnier than the first time.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this