IMDb > Order of Chaos (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

My ears hurt

Author: tw-47 from Los Angeles
27 February 2009

I had no idea what to expect when I sent to a screening of this film. I was drawn in at the beginning but I slowly lost interest.

The sound design and music gave me a headache. It wasn't until the credits that I saw that the writer/director also composed all of the music. Ugh.

The director was tried too hard to be artistic by manipulating the film and putting in random,red herring flashes.

Rhys Coiro was great, but the movie is mediocre.

For what it is, Order of Chaos is well made and compelling at times. The ending sucks.

great for thinkers

Author: niceneasy_86 from United States
10 May 2010

I think a lot of the reviews I have read are comparing this film to others. In a sense i guess that is what reviewing is, but i think with a film like this the director obviously wasn't trying to make the next blockbuster. I enjoyed the subliminal message. In the club, when john goes to the bathroom he reads some writing on the wall, "911 was an inside job." I didn't get the message the director was trying to convey with this at first. But after finishing the film i came to the conclusion that the message was one of Thinking for yourself. How ever many times this type of movie is made, that message to me is very important. I believe that as a society we have grown far to dependant on the politicians and mass media to tell us everything will be OK. So we stop thinking. I think the message of this film is to open your eyes and see the world from your own perspective...not CNN's perspective.

Just another B-movie

Author: Mdln DeHond from Canada
2 April 2010

In all fairness, it adds up to an almost mediocre B-movie. Predictable plot and storyline. Underdog meets new friend with ulterior motives and so on. The completely out of place soundtrack, over kill of random flashes, slow motion and effects kill what ever is left which wasn't much to begin with. The producer makes his 1st movie adding his own bands music which thoroughly runs this feature in the ground. In an effort to hide the empty storyline it just use all the effects available. A predictable uninteresting film without depth leaning on soap opera acting performances. A far too long pompous music video with the sole purpose of promoting the directors own band. Why did Mimi risk being seen in something this atrocious anyway? Why Mimi? Why?!

Don't waste your time

Author: belizean from United States
18 January 2011

This movie was in the top ten of the worst I have seen. It was bad enough I felt the need to write a review to keep other people from wasting their time. The first warning I had from the film was the flickering effect. I spent the first twenty minutes of the film trying to figure out what was wrong with my home theater setup as the screen kept blinking out like a loose video cable. Once I decided that was intentional, I still had a hard time ignoring it. I did find it pretty easy to ignore the plot however. I found myself wanting to wander off during the film. I went to the kitchen for a glass of water but didn't feel the need to pause the DVR. I found myself debating whether or not I should just change the channel. I decided to stick it out to see if there was a really great ending, but no such luck. So, if you do decide to watch and find yourself thinking about changing the channel I say, "GO FOR IT!"

I don't get the reviews

Author: pahaake from United States
20 April 2010

Yes, this is a low budget film with little dialog. Milo Ventimiglia is an underrated but extremely talented actor and I think he made the film. If you haven't seen it yet, watch Pathology.

Rhys Coiro was adequate - but as for the American Psycho reference he is no Christian Bale and this is no American Psycho. That particular film is pure brilliance, whereas this is just an interesting character study. If I am engrossed in enough in a film that I can't stop watching and get completely wrapped in the main character I consider it a good film.

I did and this is, I liked the music - both the style of the music and the use in the film. I actually believe that in this movie less dialog was better, but I didn't find it completely predictable - I wasn't really sure what was going to happen at the end. I might have ended it differently or perhaps had more twists but overall I thought it was a solid film with solid acting. It's worth the 90 minutes of your time.

Psycho-tragic-revenge-pissing contest

Author: thrustwasher from United States
1 May 2010

Having read the previous reviews which attack the soundtrack I find it strange that I remember little of it. I did however find the edited flash sequences to be a bit overdone. I did not think that had any major impact on the film though - at least not for me.

The two main actors were pretty decent and the build-up toward violence between them I found believable.

Spoiler possibilities.

Did the Lawyer who shoots his adversary go to jail? Did he just snap and lose it?

OR

Was it a calculated move? After all the shooter was beaten up in his own home by a person with known violent tendencies and was shot by his own weapon. This last fact would make for a plausible self-defense argument.

He beat me up - we wrestled for the gun, and he was shot in the struggle

Hard to sit through

Author: TrukDrivr from United States
23 March 2010

I have nothing to do with movies or music in any professional capacity. I simply watch them. I've seen quite a few bad movies, including some I thought should offer refunds. This is one of them. Reminded me of a very, very boring, lame version of American Psycho. Unlike AP, this movie was totally predictable. It was hard to sit through. I had to keep resisting the urge to press fast forward. There isn't much dialogue. The "music" was the worst of thing of all - horrible, too loud, blasted at weird times and extremely annoying. The only movie I've ever seen more boring and pointless than this was Open Water. Unless you have nothing better to do, skip this one.

Order Of Douchebaggery (2010)

Author: Adam_West_as_Batdan from Edinbruhhh
24 October 2015

What can I say about this movie? Well... For one, it's pretty darn bad.

It's about Douche Baggerson (played by Rhys Coiro) and Douchon Bagella (played by Milo Ventimiglia) and they play 2 corporate suit type of guys both trying to become head-honchos at their work.

Alright that is not the name of their characters, but it might as well be considering how they behave.

Anyway they play their roles... Pretty badly and over the top almost constantly, their co-stars aren't that much better though.

It's listed as a action-movie, why I'm not sure, I'm guessing because of the ecstasy-fuelled editing that I guess is suppose to be really cool but just becomes kinda lame and annoying with super-fast cuts and repeats of certain phrases and the occasional random shock-clips and loud noise.

Speaking of the loud noise, I would not recommend using headphones when watching this as you'd probably end up getting tinnitus unless you already have it. As very randomly super-loud electronic music starts blasting out of the speakers, more than twice as high as the average speaking level in the movie.

The story is uninteresting, it tries to make some clever commentary about media in the very end but ends up just looking like a very try- hard attempt, just like the whole movie is trying way too hard to be cool and exciting, when it doesn't have the material to be either.

Waste of time.

Great idea and acting, OK execution...

Author: lhhung_himself from United States
20 March 2010

Without each of us agreeing to act within agreed bounds, life is nasty, brutish and short. An important consideration that the rich only noticed when peasants began exchanging their pitchforks for better weapons - one forgotten in the last few decades of neo-conservative rationalization.

This story of two lawyers is a wonderful exposition of the order of chaos that would occur if moral codes were ignored. It is a social contract and once it is breached by one, there is no reason for the other to honour it. There is also good reason that the basic rule of the schoolyard is to leave the medicated kid with nothing to lose alone. These ideas apply to nations as well...

Great theme, and the acting from the leads is marvellous especially the portrayal of the dark side of the quiet frustrated lawyer. The execution could have been better - less choppiness, less intrusive soundtrack, a bit tighter storytelling. Still well worth seeing...

I have to find 10 lines.

Author: Jay Harris (sirbossman6969@yahoo.com) from United States
12 April 2010

Order of Chaos is a mess.

It is confusing,

It was making me drift off.

Granted the total production cost about a million dollars,which today is piddling.

I never heard of any cast member, The two men who had the leads seemed to know how to act & I will try to see either one in other roles.

It opened in Los Angeles in Feb. 2010 & & was released to DVD in March 2010.

It had nice functional sets,BUT did not need the music score.

I think I did the required 10 lines.

Ratings: ** (out of 4)54 points (out of 100) IMDb 4 (out of 4)

Page 1 of 4:[1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]