IMDb > Undisputed 3: Redemption (2010) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Undisputed III: Redemption

Undisputed 3: Redemption More at IMDbPro »Undisputed III: Redemption (original title)

WOW action and decent acting

Author: sdicker2 from United States
22 May 2010

So, let me start off by saying Scott Adkins is a pretty good actor and a damn good entertainer. He goes from being the partial pure fighting villain in the second to the star of the third. He copes with his hyper-extended knee very well might I say. Anyways, this movie was the best yet. The fight scenes were incredible and there was actually a decent plot. I hope there is a fourth and if there is Scott Adkins damn sure better be in it.

Way better than Tony Jaa and Ong Bak!

(I can't say better than Jackie or Lee because they're pure legacy and great BUT I can say Scott needs more roles. The guys amazing.)

"God has given me only one Gift - I am the world's most complete fighter" : Uri Boyka

Author: K K from India
21 May 2010

This movie was a complete entertainer; I haven't seen the first two parts but this part was surely something! No doubt the MMA fighting skills of the characters were real time and no strings attached; yes I mean no strings attached.

The story may be considered on the lines of "condemned", but with noteworthy differences and twists, I would say the director "Isaac Florentine" and his special effects team has done a marvelous job with the fight sequences, story line and characters in hand.

I would suggest everyone should give this movie a try and I am sure everybody would like it, even if you are not into combat and sparring. This movie is a must watch for people who are into combat and self-defense.

Strong fighting movie with predictable plot but still good.

Author: Teo Adi from Romania
23 May 2010

Scott Adkins is bad ass here. This role gets him well, better then fancy good boy from Ninja. He is turned from the villain of the Undisputed II to the flawed and angry main character of this one. You will enjoy him and supporting actors; Mykel Shannon Jenkins aka Turbo and Mark Ivanir as Gaga.

For once, not the average crap of usual action movie "alone against the world". This time, you are spared of usual "my brother died", or "I am in prison for wrong reason". All characters are flawed like in real life. I didn't yawn during dialogue or didn't for one moment seem the action come to stale. This is a packed with action movie about an international prison mma tournament.

Fighting scenes are superb done for a low budged movie made in post communist industrial bankruptcy of Eastern Europe.

All in all a good movie, good script , decent acting and again superb fights. Unexpected well done : 7/10.

From Undisputed I Straight Through III, They Keep Getting Better!!!!!

Author: kmarmet from United States
21 May 2010

I am not going to say too much about the movie because I don't want to present any "spoilers," but I have to say this is one of the top action movies out, although very under the radar.

I first watched Undisputed I without ever knowing what it was, just saw it lying around at my friends house and watched it. It caught me completely off guard. Then I watched the second and I just finished the third. It seems like as far as the plots and action sequences go, they keep getting better. The fighting moves or sequences they perform in this movie are crazy! One of the main reasons I love this film. The also, completely capture what Americans think of when we think of a Russian prison. Very accurate to what I picture in my mind.

The acting is rather good in this movie, in my opinion. Sure there are some cheesy comments but every movie has them. My only wish is that they would put Jason Statham in one of these movies. But I have to say I was more than pleased that they brought Boyka back to fight, since he lost in the last movie.

Overall, very good movie if you are into movies like Bloodsport, or Kickboxer. I LOVED Bloodsport, and I was impressed how they copied Bloodsport as far as how the movie was set up, but was still so creative about the actual story line. Didn't take a ton of special effects and sex scenes to make it a great movie, the fighting was just phenomenal.

It just keeps getting better and better..

Author: Alexander Kiniaev from Greece
28 May 2010

So, I'm here writing and deleting all the time because I can't find the words to express my enthusiasm over this film.. Yes, it's not your typical drama with an extraordinary plot or character development but for a movie that had a low budget and was so under the radar it delivered, and delivered really really really good.

Scott Adkins deserves more credit and more film deals, because not only he's an amazing fighter/stuntman, he's also a pretty damn good actor as opposed to other "fighters" making movies (I won't point fingers, but there's a guy always whispers in movies)..

Bottom line is : Choreography is great, fight scenes are great, plot is really good, acting is really good.. You should definitely check out this movie, no doubt.. if you liked Undisputed 2 you're going to love this..

PS : Someone write a screenplay for Undisputed 4 please :P

Delivers the goods

Author: Wizard-8 from Victoria, BC
1 June 2010

With a movie from direct-to-DVD kings Nu Image/Millennium Pictures, you know that you'll at least get good production values. When one of their movies has Isaac Florentine as the director, you know you are going to get some spectacular action sequences. Needless to say, "Undisputed III" has both of those things. I will admit that the script is pretty standard for this kind of thing - we never really get into the head of the protagonist and learn what is driving him, the bad guys also have no real personality, and how a couple of the characters managed to get together in the last few minutes of the movie is never explained. But we don't watch movies like this primarily for the writing. We watch them because we want some good action, and this movie without doubt has that. The fights are really spectacular, with Florentine using a perfect combination of expert choreography, good direction (the camera steps back enough so we see all of the fighters in the fights), and occasional and effective use of slow motion. I've enjoyed all the "Undisputed" movies, and if they make a fourth entry in the series, I'll definitely be there.

One of the greatest fighting movies!

Author: phantomgt_ricky from Canada
31 January 2011

This has got to be one of the greatest fighting movies of all time! Unlike most movies with lame reasons for fighting, this movie is the complete opposite. They fight for their lives, they're salvation. the fighting scenes are very dramatic with excellent music to provide a sense of realism.

Fighting movies nowadays should adapt to this type of fighting in order to captivate us just like this one did.

Although the fighting elements from this movie and other movies are similar, this movie tends to use moves that you would not expect. Such as their kicks. They can jump 360 degrees in the air and land a roundhouse kick to the face. That's just awesome and original!

I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves to watch fights such as boxing, ufc, mma, strikeforce, etc.

Best of the 3, its all action from start to finish

Author: Mark Chadderton from United Kingdom
29 July 2010

I didn't expect much from this movie being the third one and classed as a B movie, but i have to say if you like one and two and you love action/fighting movies this is top notch. The acting isn't the best in the world, but action movies never are, Boyka is awesome and this is my favourite action movie for a while by far.

I know he was the bad guy type in number 2, but you soon warm to him here, it is a bit predictable. I think there will be a 4th installment too and ill be waiting for it.

A good fun action movie with quality fighting scenes, blood, corruption and a mean Russian :)

Russian prison, Yuri Boyka, Scott Adkins, Undisputed 3, redemption

Author: Bernard Sinai from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
7 November 2010

Everybody's favorite bad guy from Undisputed II returns. Yuri Boyka (Scott Adkins) is a disgraced, disabled former champion prison fighter, having had his right leg broken by George 'Iceman' Chambers (Michael Jai White) in a Russian prison.

Boyka learns of an international prison tournament (SPC) and enters to regain his honor and prove himself as the 'most complete fighter'.

Adkins once again animates the character with his energetic, acrobatic martial art stunts. But this time the role of the character is just more of a fighter. Boyka (Adkins) has learned a lot in his defeat and humiliation – what it means to be a true champion.

Another Hit!

Author: nickruns from United States
4 June 2010

Please don't dismiss this movie because it doesn't have some big name actor in it. Fans of the trilogy will surely tell you that Undisputed II and III are far better films than the first. Scott Adkins returns as Uri Boyka and his martial arts moves are top notch. The prison fights are intense and the acting credible. This movie is what you paid for, straight forward action with little filler. This is not your average direct to video action flick this is the real deal! Look out for Scott Adkins because he's definitely got some talent and he looks a little like Ben Affleck only with acting skills. Make sure you watch Undisputed II first for the full experience and to see Michael Jai White kick butt.