IMDb > Bloodrayne: The Third Reich (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

horrible '/ terrible

Author: rockk_th from Romania
22 May 2011

Well, first of all, i struggled to watch this movie. i really wanted to watch it till the end, cause i loved the video game, so i tough, hey cant be that bad, at least i ll see a sexy chick in latex.

NOPE.

1. no sexy chick in latex as expected.

Instead of Bloodrayne, a hot SENSUAL SEDUCTIVE female, we got from the casting crew a HYSTERICAL whining girl, she just can't pull it off, her voice is irritating, has nothing sensual or seductive, like vampires should have, instead it s dominated by the rebel 19 year boy looking like dude.

2. costumes.

SHe is dressed like my grandmother. with an ugly , really ugly trench coat, with some weird Russian headgear and the Nazis soldiers look like poor mens version of a real soldier.

3. all other actors.

perform sub mediocre.

4. fighting scenes are awful. nothing more to say. she moves like a pregnant woman in disarray.

As a conclusion is a bad movie, has no story, the main actress talks and walks like a spoil led little brat,with an irritating voice, has nothing suave in her movements and nothing seductive about it.

sub mediocre movie, i in fact tried to find a rating lesser then 1 on IMDb, cause it s not worth the 1point.

i could V done a greater job, and i don t believe there is a worse actress then this one , at least for this role.

great work

Mediocre at best

Author: antsmiff from United Kingdom
18 May 2011

After buying the film and watching it I cant help thinking that I wasted my money unfortunately. Overall the film had a good script and so much potential but was sorely let down by the director and wardrobe. The actors were good so it is not their fault that the film seems like it was shot in space as it lacks atmosphere.

This is set during the 2nd world war so you would think that a vampire wearing a modern,tailor cut leather trenchcoat sporting tribal graphics coupled with undergarments from Ann Summers, would be a little out of keeping with the clothes of that era. Did i mention the red streaks through the hair? The other costumes are passable but the wardrobe department were definitely not up to the task overall.

The camera angles are very one dimensional and you get the feeling that the directors imagination was on holiday when working on this film. It feels like the film is shot from a distance and their is no interaction between the characters, giving them a chance to express themselves fully. There is also a severe lack of musical accompanyment to any of the scenes so you get no sense of build up or excitement which makes it very flat.

It is a real shame as this could have been up there with the greats of vampire films but they should have given the job of director to someone else...anyone else.

Vampires, Nazis and Eroticism: A Combination that does not Work Well

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3 December 2011

In the World War II, the Damphir Rayne (Natassia Malthe) fights against Nazis and joins the resistance lead by Nathaniel Gregor (Brendan Fletcher). When they attack a train expecting to find weapons, they find people that are going to concentration camp.

Rayne is shot by a soldier and her blood drops on the face of Commandant Ekart Brand (Michael Paré ). She kills him but he turns into a powerful vampire. Now Rayne need to fix the problem, otherwise Hitler may achieve her power with the research of Doctor Mangler (Clint Howard).

"Bloodrayne: The Third Reich" is a low budget movie by Uwe Boll with the combination of vampires, Nazis and eroticism that does not work well. The body of the sexy Natassia Malthe is exposed in a silly exploitation. My vote is four.

Title (Brazil): "Bloodrayne: O Terceiro Reich" ("Bloodrayne: The Third Reich")

'He's not just a Vampire... he's a Vampire with the entire German army behind him.' Misjudged sequel.

Author: Paul Andrews (poolandrews@hotmail.com) from UK
16 April 2012

Bloodrayne: The Third Reich is set in 1940's Europe during World War II & starts at a Nazi death camp where a train full of Jew's pulls in, suddenly a group of rebels attack the train & kill all the Nazi's in a shoot-out. During the fight leather clad half human Vampire half human Rayne (Natassia Malthe) takes out Nazi Commandant Ekert Brand (Michael Paré) but is shot in the process & her Vampire blood mixes with Brand's human blood which revives him as a powerful Vampire with all the immunities that Rayne has. Brand turns to Nazi mad scientist Doctor Mangler (Clint Howard) to assist him through his transformation, Brand wants to capture the powerful Rayne to collect her blood so Adolf Hitler can drink it & become an all powerful & immortal Vampire!

This American, Canadian & German co-production was co-produced & directed by Uwe Boll & is the third entry in the Bloodrayne franchise which originally started life as a video game, the first Bloodrayne (2005) isn't that bad actually & might even be described as alright & while I can't really remember Bloodraye: Deliverance (2007) I doubt it was any worse than this. The first Bloodrayne was set in 18th Century Romania, Bloodrayne: Deliverance was set in 1880 in the American wild west while the script here opts to place Rayne in 1940's Europe during World War II fighting Nazi's no less & ultimately the so silly it's fun concept of trying to stop Adolf Hitler from becoming an immortal Vampire. With a story as outrageous as that surely Bloodrayne: The Third Reich can't fail but be awesome, right? Well, wrong because it's a rather talky & bland film with a boring plot that only hints about the Hitler plan, every cliché in the book is used & even the action & gore set-pieces are totally forgettable. Bloodrayne: The Third Reich could have been a cult trash classic, instead it's a boring & silly mess that only last's for 70 minutes but feels a lot longer & every piece of potential the concept had is wasted. The dialogue alternates between bland & downright hilarious, it's obvious this was written by someone whose native tongue is not English & doesn't really care about treating World War II, the Nazi's & death camp's with any sensitivity.

To give Bloodtrayne: The Third Reich some credit it does look quite nice, Natassia Malthe reprising the role of Rayne for the second time is hot but she is given little to do other than swing her sword's during the tame & repetitive fight scenes. The 1940's period is well realised & the costumes, locations & props look authentic enough. There's not a lot of gore here, there's a fair amount of blood splatter but not much actual nastiness. Boll throw's in some nudity & a couple of sex scenes, sure they kept me from losing total interest but they hardly save the film. Released in the US in both 'R' rated & 'Unrated' versions there is no difference between the two at all other than the Unrated DVD has more extra features. Had the working title Bloodrayne 3: Warhammer & was retitled to The Blood Reich: Bloodrayne 3 when released here in the UK on DVD.

The IMDb says that Bloodrayne: The Third Reich had a budget of about $10,000,000 which I think is total crap, you can probably knock at least one zero off that. Filmed in Zagreb in Croatia. The acting isn't great, as mentioned earlier Malthe looks hot so I assume that was the reason behind her casting rather than her thespian skills. Great to see veteran actor's Michael Paré & Clint Howard (over 300 acting credits between them with Howard boasting over 200 film credits) turn up although they are obviously slumming it, Clint Howard's Nazi uniform looks about five sizes too big for him! I won't mention their German accents either...

Bloodrayne: The Third Reich is a mixed bag, at times it's silly & unintentionally funny while at other's it's a total bore but some sex, a hot looking leather clad babe in the lead & some fun to be had at Michael Paré & Clint Howard's expense means it's not a total disaster & bad movie fans should gain some pleasure from it, the short 70 minute running time helps too.

better than I expected

Author: trashgang from Midian
16 February 2012

Nag nag nag, that is what is happening when Uwe Boll is making a new movie. It is a must to break down flicks made by Uwe Boll but not for this reviewer. I don't like all his flicks but if it does deliver something then you must admit that too and just don't walk with the crowd to say, I hate it.

Bloodrayne 3 as we can state it is indeed a downfall towards the 'names' of the actors. Face it, part one had Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3) and Ben Kingsley (Ghandi)in the leading role. In fact, storywise it doesn't follow the line it had in part 1, it's more a flick on his own.

It was filmed back to back with Blubberella, that film really was a turkey but Bloodrayne 3 was rather okay. Were it leaves for example the script of the original one is that here we do have e lot of nudity even on the part of Rayne, this time played by Natassia Malthe as seen in Bloodrayne 2 and Lake Placid. She did well and by saying that I mean, the acting was okay but don't think to see an Oscar performance. Some shots that you will see are exactly copied in Blubberella like for example the scene at the whore house were Rayne takes a guy by his balls while he's messing up a whore.

The idea of taking the story to the Nazis makes it a bit cheesy for some but what if I say, Dead Snow, there we had zombie Nazis too but it worked due the gore added to the scenes. And that's maybe what Bloodrayne 3 lacks, the amount of blood. Oh yes, it do flows but it is always in the same way, slashing off-camera and you see blood sputtering before the camera. Just one gory shot was added, one soldier intestines are cut out, maybe the scene with the vampire on the table being cut open by the doctor is worth mentioning.

I was also surprised by the nudity added in this flick, a lot of titties are shown even those of Rayne and a small lesbian love scene was added too. I enjoyed it and the flick was over just before you know it clocking in at 75 minutes. Bloodrayne won't be Underworld, but that's a fact of money. Some CGI was added and didn't bother me at all. Simple story and one maybe to watch with your boozer friends.

Gore 2/5 Nudity 2/5 Effects 2/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5

It's not worth the time

Author: Play BoyMan
31 May 2011

I have seen the first two Bloodrayne movies, which were both disappointing, and this one was just as awful.

This chapter in the BloodRayne series takes place during World War 2, which was the same timeline the BloodRayne video game Series started, so it does have that going for it. Sadly, the movies suffers from the classic case of what I like to call "The Uwe Boll Flush" - Making a poor movie version of a great video game.

The acting in this film is sub-par, the worst of it coming from the heroine Rayne, played by Natassia Malthe. Although she is quite stunning, she can't quite seem to pull off playing the popular vampire very well.

****WARNING: Two Spoilers Below**** Another issue I have is for the Sex Scenes: Yes, watching two women have sex is quite a site to behold, and normally I'd be singing praise for it, but in this movie, it seemed unnecessary, and the movie would've been SLIGHTLY better without it.

The ending was also sub-par and rushed. Rayne and one of her companions we're captured and we're being escorted to Hitler. Along the way, there was a sex scene between the two captives (again unnecessary), and afterwards, they we're rescued very easily - TOO EASILY. The rest of the movie just ends awkwardly after that.

The major issue with the movie is that Uwe Boll has yet to read up on Vampire Folklore - Rayne is Half-Vampire (a Dhampir). Most of the scenes happen during the Daytime. A Dhampir is STILL Vulnerable to Daylight, yet Rayne receives no damage at all from the sun in any part of this movie.

****End of Spoilers**** This movie has more problems than the last two, and it just doesn't take itself seriously enough to be enjoyable. Uwe Boll took something unpolished, added some unnecessary sex scenes, gave it a title and told us to like it.

If you enjoy watching these kind of movies and don't care how weak the plot is, then this movie is for you.

If you are the kind of person who enjoys watching real movies, you can skip this one.

Film-making under pressure

Author: unbrokenmetal from Hamburg, Germany
30 June 2011

This was obviously film-making under pressure. If I hadn't heard the director mention on the DVD's audio commentary that there was lack of time and money, I'd still have noticed it easily from the quality jumps. At the beginning, you think this is going to be "Schindler's List II" or something like that, slowly enough building up the atmosphere before it's unfortunately too rushed afterwards. There are some brilliant scenes, my favorite is when the doctor says about the vampire: "This creature no longer has any bond to the moral laws of Man" - while he is just cutting him (it?) to pieces alive! That tells you more about what inhuman means than some highly acclaimed movies did: inability to realize how evil it all really is. However, there are some downfalls after that, especially the fight scenes are less spectacular than some in the previous two movies, and Bloodrayne's character isn't developed much, pretty much a ball in a pinball machine, same player shoots again... Actually the bad guys are more interesting, especially the lieutenant who is in doubt whether he should follow the doctor and the commandant, afraid they might turn him into a vampire, too. I voted 7-7-6 for the three movies.

How can you go wrong with killing vampire Nazis?

Author: the-zombie-pirate from United States
14 October 2011

That very thought was going through my head when I rented this cinematic excrement. Nazis are my favourite bad guys and this seemed like a promising take on a good formula. In short, the story was vapid and the acting was awful. They threw in some sex to titillate, but all it did was make me angry. The mad doctor is over the top yet not in a good way and he was stupid to boot. The lead Nazi was an acceptable villain, but only because his acting was not painful and he was a Nazi. The heroine seemed rather one dimensional and devoid of life (which I think was the "actress'" fault rather than the writers' or even intentional). The heroine, by the way, never actually wears those painted on "pants". Ever. Sorry. This movie is neither bad enough to be good nor is it passable as late night brain dead viewing. I should have known to save my $1.02 when I saw the cover. What can I say: I have a weakness for dead Nazis and shapely hips.

Could have been something...

Author: Wesley Himot from United States
6 July 2011

Going into this movie I had only seen the first Bloodrayne movie which I didn't mind because there was so much action. Bloodrayne: The Third Reich is once again about action, but sadly the action scenes are way to short and there is just not enough in them. There was actually one action scene that came out of no where and the time could have been used better. The acting was sub par with some laugh out loud moments because of both the script and the acting, especially the last line in the movie. I like how the movie didn't go overboard with gore like the first movie.

The movie without the credits runs 1hr 12min director's cut, which shows how the movie could have been made a lot better if someone put more time into the script. I wouldn't recommend this movie because it just doesn't pack a punch. The script does have humor that isn't witty, but you still get a laugh because it is so random. If you want something to waste your time with then go ahead and rent it, but just don't buy it.

Better than expected and worth the time to find

Author: GL84 from Los Angeles, Ca
21 January 2013

Joining up with allies in WWII Germany, the half-human/half-vampire finds that one of her victims was a Nazi officer now bestowed with her powers and intends to use them in a plot to make Hitler immortal.

An incredibly enjoyable and entertaining entry to an already fun and entertaining series, though this one doesn't reach the heights of the original. Still, this contains enough bloodshed, gore-drenched slaughters, limb-ripping and throat-slicing to give it a try, as there's a ton of blood in this including the other tortures inflicted on the vampires which adds more bloodshed. That's due to a high number of action scenes here as the confrontations with the different groups lead to a number of ambushes, firefights and martial arts displays that make for a pretty enjoyable time. As well, the increased amount of nudity certainly helps this one along, and altogether with a fast pace and enjoyable, simple story it gets a lot of good grace, only with the nagging problem of it's way too short running time to count as any sort of real flaw here. This is quite a bit of fun overall.

Rated R: Graphic Violence, Graphic Language, Nudity and several intense lesbian sex scenes.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]