IMDb > My Bestfriend's Girlfriend (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

My Bestfriend's Girlfriend More at IMDbPro »

Quite a surprise

Author: rpsycho1948 from United States
1 June 2008

I am neither a fan of Richard or Marian but this film is well made - the comedic scenes are not overdone and it doesn't have those corny clichés. I have low expectations when I rented this movie, but surprisingly I enjoyed every minute of it. The script was well written, it brings out the quality of the film. Marian and Richard have a good rapport on screen (probably even better than Richard-Angel). It is nice to see the both of them acting all playful. The relationship of the two main characters Ivo and Grace can be best described as kindergarten playmates with all the bickering and goofing around that eventually both realized they are meant for each other all along. I guess once you know, you know..The soundtrack is even better because the songs seem to fit mood of the story.

A step-up to the dying genre of romantic comedies

Author: kojisuzuki from United Kingdom
20 March 2008

B.F.G.F. is an excellent example of what a romantic comedy should be. Compared to other rom-coms in the Philippines such as I've Fallen For You and You Got Me, the film does stands out from your average rom-com, especially in the Philippines.

The movie is carried by its lead stars, Richard Gutierrez and Marian Rivera, gracefully. Gutierrez has finally found his forte in the form of comedies, while Rivera (in her first leading role) showed substance. Both played their characters in such delicacy and playfulness with the help of director Mark Reyes from the script of Suzette Doctolero.

It's a perfect rom-com cause the plot is simple: boy hires girl to pretend to be a girlfriend to make the ex jealous, girl turns out to be boy's best friend's girl, boy and girl falls in love but trouble by ex and best friend.

The film helps you be inspired to find someone to hug and cuddle with, especially the seemingly excellent chemistry between the two lead stars (but Rivera and Dingdong Dantes has a better chemistry). Ehra Madrigal (who plays the ex) was very subtle in her role, while the best friend JC de Vera was easy to watch on screen.

To conclude, the film gives enjoyable laughs and many "kilig" moments.