IMDb > "Dino Squad" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Dino Squad" More at IMDbPro »

My Kids Love This!

Author: from United States
3 December 2009

First of all, it is a cartoon, for an adult to say that the writing is not scientific enough is just absurd. My kids are 3 and 4 years old. They love it. The music is catchy and the plots have a good message in each one. It is actually one of the few cartoons that I can actually stand, very un-Dora. There is a lot of action and different characters then you normally see in a cartoon. It is written for kids, to be watched by kids. I also have a 5 year old nephew and a 10 year old nephew who love them also. There are 3 of these DVD's with one more to come out in March 2010. It is obviously completely pretend and that is the fun of it!

Bad writing, bad animation, bad science.

Author: Chuck Jones from United States
10 October 2009

This is probably one of the worst shows I have seen in a long time. Everything about it is just bad. The five teens in the show are supposed to be geniuses, yet the science that their ideas are based off of was obviously thought up by a high school dropout that got a D+ in every science class he ever took. It's a little on the pathetic side at time, the characters sling around words that were obviously included because they sound big and "sciencey", yet it's obvious that the writers didn't have the slightest clue what the words meant.

Other than that, the show doesn't offer much more than the standard fare of feel-good pseudo-environmentalism that seems to choke kids programming lately. It feels a lot like Bruce Smith and Al Gore got really drunk one night and decided to make a crappy cartoon together. The writing is horrible, the animation is worse, and the science brings it all together into a very nice hat trick.