IMDb > WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 (2007) (VG) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

WWE SmackDown vs. RAW 2008 (VG) More at IMDbPro »

A step up

Author: Terryfan from United States
15 September 2015

After Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 which was I consider step back from what the series should.

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008 takes the game into the right direction with a much improvement in the game play

The game allows you to have your favorite wrestlers from the Raw, Smackdown and ECW brands go at it.

The game feature a good collection of wrestlers and match gimmicks which allows you and your friends to enjoy many hours of wrestling matches.

The graphics in the game a step up from the last game with more attention to detail for wrestlers and arenas. Also you get the feel of being in a real WWE Show.

The soundtrack for the game is impressive such as 8Ball & MJG "Stand Up" AM Conspiracy "Right on Time" and "Welt" Chevelle "Well Enough Alone" Hellyeah "You Wouldn't Know" Nobody Famous "Go Hard" Nonpoint "Everybody Down"² Project 86 "Evil (A Chorus of Resistance)" and "Put Your Lips to the TV" Puddle of Mudd "Famous" Sevendust "Driven" and "Feed"

Controls still remain the same as before and the game play is good as well

Overall Smackdown vs Raw 2008 redeem itself over Smackdown vs Raw 2007

I give WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008 an 7 out of 10

Excellent WWE game.

Author: kyle-mcdonald from Canada
11 July 2008

Well I have always been a fan of WWE and there game and all I can say is that this game is without a doubt one of the best games I have played in a long while and here are the reasons why: The gameplay is very good and really fun, The graphics are really good and it is very realistic, The matches and excellent such as your standard singles match, Last man standing, hardcore match, First Blood match, 10,20,30 royale rumble match, HELL IN A CELL match, And new to the WWE games ECW extreme rules match etc. They added some new features in the game such as tournament mode where they have beat the clock, king of the ring, and you can make your own tournament. The story mode is really fun and it can sometimes get challenging but that just makes it more fun. The General manager mode is a bit more challenging but it is really fun to do and I sure you will find it challenging to but I am sure you will find a way to do it. I have done the story with both RAW and SMACKDOWN and each are very fun but I like the SMACKDOWN one better. The wrestlers they have in the game are really good such as The undertaker, Kane, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Rey Mysterio, The rock, Steve Austin, Batista, CM Punk, Jeff hardy, Matt hardy, etc. The voice over actors are really good but I can't tell if it's the actual WWE superstars or just actors doing the voices because thats how good they are.So I am sure that you will not be disappointed with WWE SMACKDOWN vs. RAW 2008. So make sure that you rent or buy WWE SMACKDOWN vs. RAW 2008 because it is great.

Overall score: ********** out of **********

***** out of *****

Great, but not as good as it should be.

Author: The_Light_Triton (Black_triton14@hotmail.com) from In a Chair in my room
23 March 2008

I love wrestling. i won't lie. some people think WWE is stupid mainly because it's all "Fake" (i prefer to say staged, so that Dr. Death doesn't slap me in the face) but i love it. but the one and only reason i wanted to buy this game? it's because Extreme Championship Wrestling is in it. Tommy Dreamer, Sandman, Sabu, and Terry funk.

it does have tons of new things, like ECW, The Extreme rules match, the ECW show, and wrestlemania 23, new legends, awesome Create a Wrestler (There's actually a cool trick in which you can make a naked diva)and the new 24/7 mode is better than it sounds.

but, what really disappoints me is a few wrestlers left WWE at the time (Like RVD, Eugene) so some guys aren't in the game. Chris Benoit died a few months before the game's release, and his family refused for him to be entered as a legend character. there's also the controls, which really haven't changed from 2007 (and before then, the controls were simple, straightforward, and good), The Commentary was recycled from the previous games and was kind of repetitive, and the graphics seem a little inferior. like the other guy mentioned, mark henry and great khali look bad (mark henry's arms remind me of his WWF attitude for the N64 appearance.) sandman doesn't have his beer belly, and he's too skinny and muscular, and he doesn't have the cigarette. and triple H's physique isn't right either. Triple H's Abs are exaggerated in the game.

However, all in all, the game is a lot of fun. the chairshots and moves look real, the characters in general look like the real thing, the divas look sexy, even as polygons, and the whole shebang is worth 50 dollars.