IMDb > Aabra Ka Daabra (2004) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Aabra Ka Daabra More at IMDbPro »

Torture!!!!

Author: sahil salgia from India
8 November 2009

This is one of the worst movie to come out of Bollywood!!! I haven't yet seen RGV ki AAG so till then I can say this is the worst movie to come out of bollywood.

I unfortunately went to the the premiere of this movie at some nondescript movie hall in Mumbai as one of the cast member knew my father. At the end of the movie I ended up in a delirium and unknowingly abused the movie in front of that actor.That was a lame thing to do but considering the gruesome amount of psychological trauma he had put me through inviting me to watch the movie ,my behavior was totally cherubic. I cant come to terms with the fact that someone like Mr.Anupam Kher would even want his name associated with such a crapfest.

AABRA KA DAABRA A.K.A. THE MENTALLY CHALLENGED'S HARRY POTTER is a shambolic piece of work that should be avoided at any cost. The two lead child actors irritate you to the point that you feel at the end of the day you had a chainsaw to rip em off. Same can be said about the other actors in this movie. Production values are horrendous.Every technical aspect of the movie is so bad that you feel like even a layman would do better if given half a day to work on it. Story , Screenplay & concept as expected were not present at all. The worst scene is the "Indian style Quidditch scene"(What the hell was that). Music again was crappy and poor(as expected from Himesh)

If you really like torturing yourself watching the worlds worst movies then AABRA KA DAABRA should be the movie you are looking for. But i warn you "WATCH IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!"

IMDb doesn't allow to give a zero rating so I have to keep a 1000kg stone over my heart and give it a rating of 1/10.

DAMN IMDb!!

Good for those who haven't watched Harry Potter yet

Author: Bunty-at-IMDB
23 January 2008

I watched this movie and I was totally shocked. This movie was 'so-called' inspired movie from Harry Potter films and Amitabh Bachchan's movie called Jadugar (i.e. Wizard). The film is shot in 3-D and it is full of special effects.

But the problem lies in the script. The film itself looks like that it is doing advertisement for stationary companies. The story for the movie is that a young kid named Shaanu, whose father is dead, lives his mother, Shivani, wins a contest sponsored by Parle-G and Camlin. And he wins the prize of going to magical school (isn't it is funny), Aabra Ka Daabra. And in the school, he becomes friend with two girls (one of them is Hansika Motawani). The headmistress of the school is evil. He also becomes friend of Limbu, keeper of keys of Aabra Ka Daabra. Then he comes to know that his father is not dead. Throughout the film, he tried to save his father from the evil headmistress, who has captured his father.

Special Effects? Lol. Nothing special. Visual Effects? Nothing visual. All VFX and SFX looks like animation. Nothing realistic. Acting was fine.

So, I personally don't recommend you to watch this film. It is poorly handled. Of course if you have no work, then definitely it is a fine time pass.

5 out of 10.

Maybe a movie OK for little kids....

Author: koroxx (fredgrob@live.fr) from Switzerland
2 February 2016

But definitely not a movie for an adult.

The story is very childish, and the young actors/characters are annoying. There are one or two "so bad it's good" parts, but mostly this "Indian Harry Potter" isn't very entertaining. The FX are really bad, they look like they come from a very low budget 3D animated movie and they don't fit at all in a live movie with real actors.

But the worst part is the 3D, that doesn't work at all with the casuals red and cyan cardboard glasses (not furnished anyway with the DVD). When launching the DVD, before the menu, you have messages explaining how to set your TV colors to make it work. I tried anything and it's still not working so I watched the movie without any glasses (still better than with them on your nose). And no option available to watch the movie in 2D...

So maybe it is OK for a young audience (if you manage to make the 3D work), but I won't recommend you to buy it for that kind of people anyway... There are plenty of better kids movies around here.

Simply Superb!

Author: Nikit Tekriwal from India
29 July 2015

One of the best movies ever made in India. If you are a Harry Potter fan, this is a must watch - it will make you appreciate the books even more. Superb acting and music - Himesh has put his best performance ever.

The child actors have been a revelation and indeed have a 'magical' future ahead.

The game of Quidditch was so exciting that it didn't look like a movie sequence. The only problem with the movie is that it was too short - should have been a couple of hours longer. It would have made the experience even more enjoyable.

Overall, a fantastic movie.

Must watch for all.