"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" Lonelyville (2007)

« Prev | 137 of 195 Episodes | Next »

Justice - But At A Price; A Very Good Episode

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
24 January 2009

This was an interesting case with a few shocking twists three-quarters of the way through the story. Saying about anything here is going to give away parts of this story, so I'll to just limit my remarks.

Picture yourself on the wrong end of an extortion plot which goes bad and winds up in murder.....and you're the one charged! Other people being blackmailed don't come to your aid. Instead, they lie to cover themselves all the while making you appear more and more guilty.

Even the two "good guys" in here disagree over this case, with "Det. Logan" (Chris Noth) thinking the victim is just that while partner "Nola Falacci" (Alicia Witt) convinced the guy is 100 percent guilty."

The end result is justice but at a huge price. That's the best I can say without spoiling anything. It's a very interesting and involving case. Boy, all I can say is: people are evil!

A Complicated But Yet Intriguing Case!

Author: (sylviastel@aol.com) from United States
27 June 2008

The cast of Law & Order: Criminal Intent features Mr. Big played by Chris Noth as Logan, a cast member of Law & Order, along with his female partner played by Cybil's Alicia Witt. In this law and order franchise, they do more investigative work and show the layers of depth and involvement in such crimes. The problem is that the crimes get more complicated but they are slicker than most criminals. In this case, it begins as Ukrainian mail-order bride is found murdered. Her husband is ruled out because of his alibi even though he had the motive. His wife, Anya, is a victim of the cruel blackmailing plan involving a lesbian murderer who also seduces men and controls one Iowa lady into playing the men for fools. I won't go more but it's worth watching again. Lola and Amanda Detmer (from Saving Silverman) is quite capable of doing dramatic as well as comedic work. This episode has some problems but it's worth watching and I'm surprised because I thought I was tired of Law & Order.