IMDb > "Warehouse 13" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Warehouse 13"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Warehouse 13" More at IMDbPro »

Page 1 of 10:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [Next]

Give it a chance

Author: heymikeymo from United States
8 July 2009

I watched the pilot and Warehouse 13 has all the elements you would want in a good science fiction series. There is the endless room of gadgets and trinkets so who knows what they could find. There is a story for each character, with a history that is slowly to be revealed. Its possible to have a new twist every week which is all you ask for. Its well written and the characters are likable. And there is comedy and snappy dialogue to make it a touch edgy. I especially liked the offer of cookies to come inside the warehouse. The main character, who is a first leery, jumps right at that in a very funny way. If you liked the X-Files weirdness and Eureka's comedy, this is for you.

Lite, entertaining supernatural puzzler

Author: Rabh17 from United States
29 September 2009

Now a lot of, I suspect, younger reviewers are slamming this show as a X-Files wanna-be. And other are unfairly comparing this one to "Fringe", which I LOVE BTW.

But Warehouse 13 occupies a lighter plane. Pete & Myka are NOT Mulder & Scully, and I do NOT want a repeat of that dark, tortuous, and frankly 'too-full-of-themselves' conspiracy skulduggery.

There's NO Dark conspiracy here-- just a mysterious organization that's trying to keep all the strange and powerful 'Objects' in a safe place where they can do no harm. The Fun is watching the two agents bounce off each other as they try and figure out the puzzle of WHAT the 'Object' is and how to Counter-act it. Sometimes, the hunt is serious-- but never Dark and bloody. Other times, the hunt is light and comical. And the episodes waver back and forth, giving the viewer a range of emotional impact-- but never too deep or too hilarious. It keeps a side of Serious without going too heavy for too long-- and yes-- they always pull through at the end-- and hello folks, that what most of Network TV shows are about. Because that's what most People really want when they turn on their TV after a Long hard day at work. Don't knock it.

And unlike a lot of current Sci-Fi shows (And here I also include Fringe) Warehouse is all about the fact that 'Mysteries' and 'Mythical Objects of Power' exist; but there is NO attempt to studiously explain the WHY or HOW. They just exist, and they can cause wonder, havoc, terror and joy-- but they all tend to have a Price.

And the Warehouse Organization is itself a seeming Mystery in and of itself. It seems to be OLDER than the US Gov't for one. And its Principals-- like Mrs. Fredrick seem to be 'Unexplainables' themselves.

For me-- Mrs. Fredricks is a gem of a character. She exudes gravitas. She's Utterly Unflappable and fundamentally dowdy like a Cast-Iron Grandma. Just don't be so foolish as to expect her to kiss you goodnight before you go to bed. Like Pete says: "She could just Glare you to death."

And she NEVER seems to WALK anywhere. She and her Bodyguard just APPEAR. But the DOOR never moves. That's a Nice touch.

Besides, Warehouse could be classified as an entertaining Family Show. Fringe is NOT for Kids. And X-Files is in a class by itself.

Take this show at it's own worth.

What a great show and suited to all ages

Author: tsruss from Australia
8 February 2010

What a great piece of work. Its just fun and entertaining - no in-depth stories, no deep meanings, nothing to do but watch and enjoy.

My wife and I like it (50s), my children enjoy it (20s and 30s) and their kids enjoy it (6 - 12). Anyone else that has sen it raves about it as well. What more could you want!

Nice escapism after a day at work. I can't wait for the next series to come out.

I recommend this to anyone, sci-fi fans or not. It has adventure, humour, no bad language, nothing too risqué for the kids but a strong enough storyline to keep the adults on board as well as the kids.

The show seems familiar to me.

Author: nkuhn721 from United States
12 August 2009

This comment may have been made already but, does anyone else see how much this show is a lot like Friday the 13th: The TV series? I loved that show when it was on so i'm really enjoying Warehouse 13 but i was curious if it was just me. Of course, the set up is different but the whole cursed objects and having to retrieve them is dead on. I do like the government connection since i was a big fan of X-files! Hopefully this show will win viewers and we will be able to keep another good one on the air for a change, i'm just sick of the reality shows for now. Anyway, I plan to continue watching since they really aren't any other good shows on at the moment.

Warehouse 13 - oddities conjure humour, wonderment and the profound.

Author: cirqus-2 from South East England
14 October 2009

What a surprising little gem Warehouse 13 has turned out to be. I feel the creative team in control have only just begun tapping into the almost limitless supply of stories available to them with this cracking premise they have conjured. Not surprising really as one of the show's creators is Jane Espenson who wrote some of the best and funniest of Joss Whedon's episodes for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Firefly.

In Warehouse 13, two agents find themselves in charge of a top secret warehouse that holds some of the worlds most troublesome and in many cases dangerous objects collected over time. Teamed with the curator of Warehouse 13 and an enigmatic local bed and breakfast owner, the two agents scour the world looking to retrieve, find, and trap the worlds most unique objects, in the hope of safeguarding the planet. Will this be in vane or will they indeed maintain a long time, century's old equilibrium? We can only wait and see.

The fun part of this show is most assuredly with the two leads Myka Bering (Joanne Kelly) and Pete Lattimer (Eddie McClintock) who have a wonderfully playful relationship with each other without the complications of a 'Will they won't they?' subtext. Surrounded with enough warehouse curiosities that allow for humour, wonderment and profound seriousness the show holds it's own with many in the same genre and while the show is still in it's infancy I feel it has established a solid enough first season to warrant a follow up.

That said with the amount of high concept TV out there, Warehouse 13 will probably have to tread more serious ground for the next season, and perhaps inject a more maturing seasonal arc if it is to sustain itself for a longer run on network television.

While I enjoyed the first season I will say there was little tension and certainly the sense of danger to the characters was never quite realised enough for me to worry about anyone or the predicaments they found themselves in. However the number of clever and quirky objects conceived by the writers to further the narrative was fascinating and always a delight.

All told this sits very nicely with shows like Eureka, Reaper and the earlier seasons of Supernatural.

Looking forward to Season Two.

A new favorite of mine

Author: Zen416 from United States
7 September 2010

SyFy (nee "The SciFi Channel") can usually be counted on to air some pretty interesting series; everything from humorous scifi light (Eureka for instance) to the darker, intense stuff (Battlestar Galactica and it's spin off, Caprica). I would definitely put "Warehouse 13" into the previous category rather than the latter. It's a cool quirky series that knows how to have fun with it's six primary, very different, series regulars. Saul Rubinek's Artie Nielsen, who acts as a sort of curator to the warehouse is the gruff, often exasperated anchor point to the rest of the crew and I have to admit: I wasn't crazy about his character at first but he really grew on me. He's kind of like that grouchy uncle you have that really has a heart of gold underneath. C. C. H. Pounder (as regent Mrs. Frederic) is one of those powerful actors who plays such a strong but subtle role brilliantly. Love seeing her on the little screen after such an amazing amount of varied roles on both the tube and the silver screen. The whole cast is a nice mish-mash of personalities that compliment one another but I have to admit a growing favorite of mine is Allison Scagliotti's "Claudia Donovan", who's funny, bright, endearing and occasionally flawed which makes her all the more likable. She winds up getting into some seriously funny messes that require the leads (an equally humorous Eddie McClintock and perfect straight-man Joanne Kelly as agents Lattimer and Bering) to bail her out. The weekly series always has some really cool artifact that belonged to some famous historical figure that wields some kind of science-bending power to it and the leads are tasked with retrieving said artifacts without getting themselves killed or some such other disaster. This show is good and it's getting better with every new episode (thanks to excellent writing) and it's definitely worth checking out if you're not already a fan.

Pretty good show

Author: kmustain36 from United States
30 December 2009

This show reminds me of the old "Friday the Thirteenth" television show, where two young adults are tasked with locating possessed items that cause problems and lead to the deaths of innocent victims and users of the items. Although this show does remind me of that dark and sinister show, "Warehouse" has a lighter agenda and makes for a well developed television show. I also have to mention that the special effects for a show that appears to have a decent operating budget are pretty good for a weekly television show. The characters are very deep and keep you wanting to learn more about their pasts. If the show does not get canceled, I plan on watching this show on a weekly basis. Thumbs up to SYFY in their new format on a very good and well thought out show.

A hidden jewel, discovered.

Author: Doug Meeker from Michigan
1 July 2010

A nice mix of X-files, Fringe, Supernatural and the Carol Burnett Show. The actors seem to share a chemistry and have sufficient depth for a Syfy series to draw me in. The special effects are not overused, considering the subject, and the sprinkling of personal stories add to, rather than subtract from the overall storyline. I call it a success, and eagerly anticipate the second season. I have not bought any Television series on DVD, but this one does tempt, does it not? X-files it's not, but neither does it take itself so seriously, for which I give it a hearty thumbs-up! Enjoy, and next time, you bring the popcorn!

Fun Fast-Paced Action/Comedy Show

Author: freema78-159-516638 from Canada
13 September 2011

I always look forward to watching Warehouse 13. It's a mix of adventure, mystery, and comedy, with elements of X-Files, Fringe, Moonlighting, The Librarian, 24, and Unsolved Mysteries.

It's refreshing that they don't take themselves too seriously, and yet it's filled with fast-paced action and dialogue, and a great variety of characters. The discussions about the artifacts are always interesting and comical. The actors are awesome, eg., chemistry between Pete and Myka is excellent (even if Jack's dialogue is occasionally a bit juvenile - they need to fix that), and Claudia and Artie are wonderful. Mrs. Frederic and HG Wells also add some depth, although it would be nice if they did more with Leena.

Really, I don't know why this wasn't picked up by a mainstream network, because we need more shows like this.

What has happened to this once entertaining series?

Author: PlatoSays from England
29 May 2013

I've watched the entire run so far and after a good beginning, what has happened to it? By S4 mid-point, its turned into the most dreadful, ham-acted, soap opera where the artifact mysteries are largely overwhelmed by the childish acting - especially Pete who appears to have gone from being slightly immature macho man to an emotional 7yrs old. He reminds me a lot of Seeley Booth in Bones on a bad acting day.

Even Myky is suffering from the same affliction - she was the sensible one and now is hyper/silly girl which doesn't sit well. These two are meant to be top notch Secret Service agents in their late 20s for heaven's sake, not Buffy extras.

I can only assume the writing team has changed, or the producers are aiming at a younger/less demanding demographic. Whatever is going on - I certainly won't be tuning in to see the rest of S4 if it carries on like this.

What a pity.