Emerson and Olive investigate the murder of an infamous lighthouse keeper's wife, while Chuck's father schemes to keep Ned and Chuck separated forever.
Did You Know?
In this episode, many references to the Disney movie Pete's Dragon
(1977) can be found.
- A lighthouse keeper named Nora loses her lover to a storm at sea, and continues watching for him from her lighthouse.
- Her son is named Elliot, her husband named Merle and their last name is McQuoddy.
- At one point, two characters seek refuge in a cave by the sea.
- At one point a vocal group comes to the lighthouse and sings Candle on the Water, a song from Pete's Dragon.
- Also, the show has always been narrated by Jim Dale, who starred as Doc Terminus in Pete's Dragon.
The hand with which Willie Gerkin holds the plate of cookies changes from shot to shot. See more
[to Olive Snook
Itty-bitty, you got me to love a rainy day again.
References Pete's Dragon
Candle on the Water
Music and Lyrics by Al Kasha
and Joel Hirschhorn
Performed by Kristin Chenoweth
and an unidentified a capella group See more