Emerson and Olive investigate the murder of an infamous lighthouse keeper's wife, while Chuck's father schemes to keep Ned and Chuck separated forever.
Did You Know?
In this episode, many references to the Disney movie Pete's Dragon
(1977) can be found.
- A lighthouse keeper named Nora loses her lover to a storm at sea, and continues watching for him from her lighthouse.
- Her son is named Elliot, her husband named Merle and their last name is McQuoddy.
- At one point, two characters seek refuge in a cave by the sea.
- At one point a vocal group comes to the lighthouse and sings Candle on the Water, a song from Pete's Dragon.
- Also, the show has always been narrated by Jim Dale, who starred as Doc Terminus in Pete's Dragon.
When Annablle Vandersloop is leaving, she puts her hand accidentally on Emerson's chest. The palm of her hand lands flat on his plastic raincoat. In the next shot there's a close-up, and you can see that now the hand is positioned half on the raincoat, half on Emerson's lapel, leaving a white stain. In this close-up, the stain is positioned so that the fingers start above Emerson's pocket, and just the index finger and thumb on his lapel, but after Annabelle leaves, the stain is now positioned lower, with the tips of the fingers barely reaching the bottom of his pocket, and no stain on the lapel. When we see Emerson behind the desk, the stain is now showing not a half, but a fully impressed hand, with the whole thumb, index and middle finger on the lapel, and positioned higher, back again to above his pocket. See more
Who are you?
Willie Gherkin, Smiley Realty.
Uh... you lost your smile, Pickle.
References Pete's Dragon
Written by James Dooley See more