IMDb > Survivor Series (2007) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Survivor Series (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A mostly underwhelming Survivor Series, only notable for the terrific main events.

Author: callanvass
1 March 2010

I didn't hate Survivor Series 2007, but I wasn't overjoyed with it either, in fact without the great main events, it's merely average. Survivor Series is suppose to have that special feeling about it for a Pay Per View, and I didn't feel that while watching this. I had actually just watched this for the 1st time, because I didn't wanna see it when it aired, due to the crappy card. Well I saw it, and it made for an OK watch, but an underwhelming one.

Announcers for Raw are J.R and The King. Smackdown JBL And Michael Cole. ECW Tazz and Joey Styles.

Triple Threat match for the ECW Championship.

CM Punk|C| Vs John Morrison Vs The Miz

The ECW title is of course extinct now, and rightfully so. Nice little opener to start the show, if a little spotty. Crowd was into it decently, and there were a few spots that really impressed me. Punk giving Morrison a Huricarana off the top rope, and Miz catching him, turning it into a power bomb, was amazing. Punk retains with the GTS.

2 1/2 /5

10 Diva Tag.

Mickie James&Kelly&McCool&Maria Vs Beth Pheonix&Melina&Jillian Hall&Victoria. Mickie and Melina look beyond hot, and get the biggest pops as well. Better than one would expect, but not anything outstanding either, but then again nothing rarely is for Woman's wrestling in WWE these days. Mickie's team wins, after giving Melina a hot Kiss Goodnight.

1 1/2 /5

World Tag Team Championship

Bob Holly&Cody Rhodes Vs Lance Cade&Trevor Murdoch|C|. Absolutely boring, with the crowd giving faint "Holly" chants. I was never fond of Cade And Murdoch, they just seemed so generic, nor did I care for the team of Holly&Rhodes. The champs retain.

Team Triple H|Triple H, Kane, Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio| Vs Team Umaaga.|Umaga, MVP, Ken Kennedy, Finlay and Big Daddy V|. Funny stuff at the beginning, with Kane reminding Triple H of the Katie Vick storyline, and Jeff reminding Trips that he put him in the hospital. A pretty good traditional Survivor Series match actually. A consistent flow of good action made it above average.

Sole Survivors. Triple H and Jeff Hardy.

The Great Khali Vs Hornswoggle. Pointless, absolutely pointless stuff here, only notable for Finlay's official face turn. Hornswoggle has no business being in there with Khali.

WWE Championship.

Randy Orton|C| Vs HBK. Orton's promo at the start wasn't very good, and it just goes to show, how far he's come. A near classic encounter from these two, and Orton held his own against a Ring general like Shawn. Great submissions from Shawn, good psychological games from Orton, makes this a true winner. Orton retains, with the RKO.

4 1/2 /5

World Heavyweight Title.

Batista|C| Vs The Undertaker. A sick brawl, and very exciting at that. Really good bumps, my favorite had to be The Undertaker ramming Batista's throat on the steps, with a chair wrapped around his neck. I'm not a Batista fan, but he always meshes well with Taker. Edge makes his memorable return, screwing The Undertaker, in a classic moment, big pop for it too.

Bottom line. Survivor Series 2007 isn't anything bad, just not anything overly good either. I suppose it passed the time OK, but it's really quite forgettable, outside of the main events, and Edge's excellent return. Worth a look, but don't expect too much

5 1/2 /10

lackluster PPV

Author: underpath from United States
20 November 2007

TO me, this PPV seemed like a 40 buck Raw/Smackdown/ECW show. Why the hell the WWE decided to get rid of the best part, the DEFINING part of Survivor Series, the elimination match I will never know. There was only 1 elimination match and I think it's a shame. Last year's SS was awesome having 3 elimination matches. Honestly, was the Hornswoggle/Khali match even worthy of a PPV, no! Was the Diva tag match worth it, hell no! Not only that, but all 3 championship matches ended with no title changes. Total disappointment as it could have been so much better. Please, next year, add more elimination matches and LEAVE THE DIVAS OUT UNLESS ITS A NUDE MATCH.