Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert
Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]

the mother is downright eerie

Author: jmlayton1 from United States
4 February 2008

How can anyone watch this and not be thinking- give it ten more years and she'll be shaving her head? I hope with all my heart that it won't come to pass, but this overproduced and overblown effort to create stardom for the sake of stardom is mind-blowing. Miley has a pleasant enough voice, but all the bells and whistles (and pyrotechnics and massive financial expenditures) are definitely putting the cart before the horse- she hasn't risen to stardom, she has been shoved up there by folks seeking the all-mighty dollar. And the few moments showing Miley's mother are downright eerie- she's focused on the girl as if it is a life or death event, not an entertainment production. No smiles, no enjoying the music- she looks like a cat watching a canary in a cage. When interviewed, she seems to think helping her daughter with costume changes is the main proof that she's a concerned mom. Time may prove me wrong and that'd be a great thing, because statistically speaking child stars pushed to the top by obsessive parents just don't seem to do well in the long run.

In summary, lots of flash, non-memorable music. But I am grateful to see that Miley and her backup group can dance well without resorting to oversexed bumps and grinds.

over rated

Author: stupid_not_cupid from United States
3 February 2008

this was no more than a money making stunt that is working. the only reason that this movie is a hit is due to the kids that like Miley Cyrus. I do think that everyone that was in the so called movie should have received compensation as an extra just like they would in a real movie. it's no more than a music video. The adding of the Jonas Bro was another marketing ploy to generate money.

If Miley Cyrus wants to hit the big screen she should go about it through a real movie. She does have talent but she will not expand herself through this type promotions.

She should talk to the Olsen twins for some pointers or go with a new manager. someone is not doing there job here

See it for what it is

Author: codefool from United States
8 February 2008

First, I did not see this movie. My wife took our eight-year-old daughter for a girls' night out and they enjoyed it immensely. And that's the reason to see this movie.

I tried like crazy to get tickets to the concerts, but missed out. While it is clear that this is a "money grab", it's also "sort of" an apology from Disney for messing up the ticketing for the concert. Although $15 is extreme for a 74 minute show, it suited my daughter just fine. She got real-cool 3-D glasses (not the cheap cardboard kind), ate popcorn, spent time with her mom, and got to see Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers perform on stage outside the rather limited format of the Disney show. She couldn't be happier.

So, the way I see it, I saved about $150 plus parking and souvenirs, and about six hours of my life, for the bargain price of $15. If only everything was this easy.

Fun film for tweens and teens...

Author: fishstep from United States
10 February 2008

Took my girls, 14 and 11, since couldn't get them concert tickets...and it was worth it, although pricey (still, cheaper than the actual concert would have been - and I did not have to drive into the city during rush hour has I would have had we scored concert tickets!). Favorite moments - seeing the dads desperate for concert tickets running races in high heels! The behind the scene moments where the real teenage girl came through. Also - this film showed my girls how much WORK goes into being a pop star, with all the rehearsals, planning - the sheer amount of WORK everyone involved had to do to move this large production on the road.

The next best thing to the actual concert!

Author: Clarinerd0102 from United States
11 February 2008

I just took my 9 year old cousin to see this tonight. The only downfall was that I had not been prepared for the $15 ticket price, but I grinned and beared it, knowing that my cousin was super excited. I went into the movie thinking that I was going to regret the price I had just paid. Surprisingly, I came out not feeling too bad about it at all.

First of all, it was a 3D concert and I was a little worried at the beginning. Initially, there were a lot of huge effects and sweeping camera angles that became a little dizzying. But when it settled into the actual concert portion, I felt just fine. Before I saw this movie, I had always thought of Miley as a somewhat mediocre performer. I changed my mind after tonight. That girl has got so much energy and talent, I was thoroughly impressed! The behind-the-scenes clips were fun, because we got a glimpse of the making of it and got to see how Miley's personality outside of performing.

All of the well-known songs from the T.V. show were performed along w/ some new ones from Miley(not Hannah, to make the distinction). I think I might have enjoyed the Miley section even more than the Hannah part. She even performed a very sweet song that she had written for her grand-father who had passed away. The Jonas Brothers were as adorable as could be. Unfortunately, they didn't perform my favorite song, S.O.S. But we did get to hear When You Look Me in the Eyes and Year 3000 while Miley changed from Hannah into Miley. All in all, I thought it was a perfect show for kids and grown-ups alike. If you didn't get the chance to go to one of her actual concerts, I think that this was the next best thing. I know that I had a blast and I'm in my 20's! :)

Her "Wrecking Ball" routine had to start somewhere...

Author: gasmaskproductionsbooks from Canada
14 October 2014

Being born as a celebrity is never good for any kid. Hannah Montana is Disney's stage name for Miley Cyrus, the daughter of country singer Billy-Ray Cyrus. How did this teenage kid end up with her head shaved, doing a strip dance on a fake wrecking ball? Well, just check out this awful movie! It is obvious right from the start that she is owned by Disney and kind of a spoiled brat. Not many child stars are ever responsible with their fame, nor should they have to be. Her parents clearly enjoy it more than she does, although, she's a pretty big snob.

This movie is of one of her largest concerts during her Hannah Montana career. It came out when I was in the sixth grade and I still remember how popular Hannah Montana was at the time. Every girl in my school (not me) wouldn't shut up about her, the school played her music over the intercom, hell, kids began dressing like her! SHE HAD MINIONS! Of course, by grade eight it was Justin Bieber, and she was becoming more of a really bad punk stripper singer than a role model for kids.

Her music is really redneck-sounding on some levels, then some is like really bad pop music. This boring movie is basically one very long advertisement with her singing and dancing. There is no plot, it's just her concert on DVD, while her fata5s parents enjoy the attention as much as their snotty kid. And what does it teach children? That you have to be a bleached-blonde, thin, popular ditz to fit in! You could be anyone from a two-year-old to a wizzled up old man and it's highly unlikely that you'll get anything from this movie. Disney, thank you once again for being a failure.

Do it for your daughter, not yourself

Author: john_wasula from United States
18 February 2008

I took my 8 yr old daughter to see this just yesterday. I wasn't happy about having to see it myself but I know my daughter had been asking to go so I did it for her. Miley is a likable girl and I hope she can stay the course of being a good role model for younger kids. I also seem to think that she has a lot riding on her as the lead for all this Hanna Montana promotion and she seems to take it well. Hopefully she wont go the way of Britney or Linsday. Kids need someone to look up to when they are young. But this movie/concert is not for sane adults. I closed my eyes through a lot of the Jonas Bros. and Miley concert footage. The only things that were vaguely entertaining were the behind-the-scenes footage. The concert itself is fairly mundane for most sane adults.

Not very good. Don't waste your time!

Author: j-blache from United States
5 June 2008

Do not waste your time or money on this absolutely terrible Movie! This is an obvious attempt to cash in on the Hannah Montana fame. Unfortunately, she has NO talent! It was painful to watch and the soundtrack is just terrible! This poor kid really has no talent! She is nothing but a Spears wannabe! This definitely is her 15 minutes of fame! A truly complete waste of film! You can tell she lip-synced many of the songs. Stay away and don't waste your money!

There are a lot more talented singers who deserve a look. This is one trashy teenage movie! My daughter really hated this movie! Hannah Montana, I hope your 15 minutes is just about up!

Hmm...

Author: andrewjkd from United States
16 February 2008

Okay, I know at this point Miley Cyrus is probably on the upper hand of morality in comparison to other teen icons. But am I the only one who gets sick of this type of thing? Various companies (in this case Disney) overly promote an up-and-coming teenage singer or actor, sucks the originality out of it, then makes us sick to our stomach with it. During this period of time, millions of preteens look up to them with little puppy dog eyes, then they pull something off that's really dumb, and then look at the example kids look up to. Let's go through teen stars. Hilary Duff is seen occasionally, but look at "Material Girls". Not exactly a movie to be proud of. Jamie Lynn Spears got pregnant at 16. While this is quite common and I'm not saying they're bad people, but they've made mistakes. Next, Lindsay Lohan. Britney Spears. Enough said.

Wasn't there a point when most every one of these stars was Ms. Teen Incredible? Now don't we frown up them? I'm not saying every child star hasn't had a major earth-shattering problem, but these days, aren't more child stars turning into pretentious teens with babies that grew up listening to the same music their parents grew up listening to? I pray every night that in 10 years we won't be watching our kids' icons shave their head and end up in rehab before they can legally drink, but aren't the odds going against them. Is there a parent out there right now that can't be imagining this while they watch this movie?

As for the film itself, I'm not going to say that Miley Cyrus doesn't have a better voice than a large number of celebrity teens that try and start careers with lackluster talent, but is this anything special? I can't help think the same thing with the Jonas Brothers. You've got people like LeAnn Rimes and Jodie Foster that started at least this young an moved on to multi-Grammy and Oscar winning careers. There are few worse things to do than watch wannabe stars parade around pretending they're kings and queens of their worlds. What'll happen when the novelty of these Disney-made stars wears off? They'll never shake that image. 3D special effects were excellent, but the things they effect are so depressing that they're wasted.

I know I'm blunt and agree with the cynical speculators that question what'll happen to these kids, but I can't apologize for what I think.

Miley is no Brittney Spears

Author: mbrand19971 from Canada
1 January 2009

I had been reading some negativity about Miley Cyrus aka Hannah Montana which some people are concerned she is going to be another Brittney Spears 10 years from now. Brittney is still young even though she has been around longer than Miley has and she herself was once a Disney alumni. Anyway people shouldn't get so bent out of shape about Miley being the next Brittney because she has a very strong supportive family behind her who I'm sure are protecting their daughter not to fall in the wrong hands of people that are going to direct her in the wrong path of show business. Thus far they're doing very well and everyone should just relax and let the family do their job just like every good family out there. The documentary does show you the phenomenal success Hannah Montana has become and many young people are really excited about this teen sensation. With the TV series attracting millions Disney put together this film so people will get a look at what she's like live in concert and there's no doubt everyone was really having a good time at her show screaming almost non-stop. The Jonas Brothers are another popular favourite among the teens that are also in this picture and this may had been their huge break cause they been touring with Miley for quite some time now and on any given night of their performance. They really are becoming a crowd pleasing favourite at Miley's shows. Not only does the movie see the happenings on stage they go behind the scenes as well which you'll see the whole crew rehearsing for the tour,getting costume changes for Miley & seeing her with her dad Billy Ray Cyrus learning a song that Miley wrote about her grandfather. This documentary may not suit interest for anybody but if people are fans of Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus. This one is for you.

Page 1 of 5:[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [Next]