IMDb > Drag Me to Hell (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Drag Me to Hell

Drag Me to Hell More at IMDbPro »

Page 36 of 70: [Prev][31] [32] [33] [34] [35] [36] [37] [38] [39] [40] [41] [42] [43] [44] [45] [46] [Next]

when you see an anvil its all downhill from there

Author: staihrmaster42 from United States
4 June 2010

to start off what the f@#$? This was a bad movie from the start. Everything from the crazy old lady to the accepting boyfriend absolutely sucked. the only refreshing character was the palm reader who had a sweet beard. what the hell is going on with everything going straight to this girls mouth? the f@#$ing old lady started gumming the $hit out of her face and her eyes popped out and went right for the mouth. i am so flabbergasted. seriously speechless. but to continue with my spiel, this movie is down right awful. and why is Justin long so stupid in this movie? i was watching this movie with my friends and if he didn't know any better he probably would have thought i was the director and i would have been embarrassed! i felt sorry for the that kitty. this movie lost all credibility when the girl went into the shed like thing looking for things to sell, when she moves the jacket or whatever the hell that was the supposed dead old lady jumps out of f@#$ing nowhere and attacks her. But what was really amazing about this scene was that she had a perfectly placed anvil tied to rope above the old lady oh and she just so happened to cut the rope in one swing while she was deep throating an entire arm. oh and again what the f@## is up with everything going into her mouth? IM GONNA GET SOME! awful actor awful movie awful script what else? this movie got worse when the old lady died i was actually getting excited for a good movie, boy was i wrong! the only thing i could attempt to call creepy was all the f@#$ing faces popping up out of nowhere! lastly the most ridiculous scene was when they were sitting around the table and the spirit enters the lady, enters the goat, oh and now goats can talk. but what i really laughed my a$$ off about was when the mustache f@#$er started dancing like he was Irish or some $hit. the end.

PS. whats with trying to develop a side story about the girl's struggling weight problem as a child. oh and my favorite part was when she figured out her boyfriend had the button and off to hell for her.

Army of Darkness for the kids taking our place

Author: chris wood from United States
11 May 2010

I watched this movie and I was at first unimpressed. I thought "they have so much potential to make this a real horror"... then it hit me. This is just too damn funny to be a horror.

This reminded me of one of my favorite movies … Army of Darkness. If you love Army of Darkness you will appreciate this movie.

The slapstick comedy is just hilarious. Having the devil or "Lamia" doing a jig during a séance, old gypsy lady, after losing her teeth, gnawing on the heroine's bottom jaw, and my favorite is when the old hag vanishes under the car the heroine smears her head across the window looking for her.

Yes i did compare Army of Darkness with Drag me to Hell. Watch it and I Guarantee you will laugh.

Weird but Surprisely Good.

Author: jaz16 from United States
11 April 2010

I watched this movie at home with my older sister and my father. When I saw the trailer, I knew I wanted to watch this movie, because it looked and seemed very interesting. I was ready to get scared. But it turned out to be weird, funny, and a little scary. The one scary part was when (I believe the devil or a demon. I'm not sure what it was.) was after her she locked her self in her room and you could see the shadow of it under the door. The scenes with the old lady were nasty but funny. The movie still kept me hooked. The best part of the movie was the ending. Really loved it! I would watch this again. Great movie! It was really good and weird at sometimes.^^ 8/10

campy, gruesome, frenetic and most of all supremely entertaining

Author: manicman84 from Poland
25 March 2010

"Drag Me To Hell" finds director Sam Raimi coming back to his own roots. The movie is reminiscent of his cult Evil Dead series. Although it is not as amazing as "Evil Dead II", it still delivers a well-balanced combination of horror and comedy Raimi is famous for. After her unwillingness to help an old gypsy woman, Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) experiences the unusual attack from the angry witch casting a spell on her. The movie oscillates between a supernatural horror and a farce making for an inventive, yet totally amusing thrill ride. Even though the ending happens to be predictable, "Drag Me To Hell" never fails to capture attention with its tour de force scenes depicting violent attacks of evil forces. The movie is campy, gruesome, frenetic and most of all supremely entertaining.

Bank employee becomes fatally cursed by gypsy as a result of rejecting, for opportunistic reasons, her request to postpone eviction

Author: m-van-blijenburgh from Netherlands
22 February 2010

I really liked this one by former Boy Wonder Sam. In the Netherlands it got some really good reviews in the so-called quality newspapers and I looked forward to seeing it. Once again Raimi succeeds in taking the genre not too seriously in an intelligent fashion. As such the comparison with 'Tales from the Crypt' is worth a second thought. Of course, that's just my fairly humble opinion. Even funnier, several times he ridicules the 'shockproofness' of certain strong (moral) convictions. Not too worry, at times DMtH is scary as well. I found the opening sequence not the most interesting part of the movie, but it served a purpose. Well worth a try!

Literally the worst movie ever

Author: justinb31984 from United States
19 February 2010

This movie, literally was the worst compilation of trash that I have ever seen. It made the Movie THEY look like a cinematic masterpiece. From the jump this movie was horrifying in all the wrong ways. There was a point in the movie in which I thought that not only was it horrible, it was also offensive to all five of my senses. The music and the acting, were actually the scariest parts of the "movie". However the worst part of this cinematic pile of crap, was that I will never get the time back that I wasted watching it, and that is something that will haunt me forever. Unlike the awesome half second cgi skulls or the 90 year old woman who apparently was some sort of Gypsi-Bad Ass that was able to put curses on ridiculous objects. I certainly I hope I never run into her or she will curse my belt buckle or possibly my tooth brush or maybe even a small piece of paper that was ripped from a receipt. Do yourself a favor and never watch this movie you will be disappointed and might find yourself a little dumber when it is all said and done.

Sam Raimi has made his "Jaws: The Revenge"

Author: razvan_2587 from Romania
17 February 2010

So, this movie sucks I don't know why it has such a good mark on IMDb, my guess is that people get dumber by the day. It's not scary at all, it's not even funny, its retarded and you shouldn't watch this movie if you don't want to lose 2 hours of your time. about the movie: it's predictable, you don't care about the freaking characters you actually might root with that demon, and what about that demon?!?!? since when is Lamia a goat????!?!?!?!? I checked it out and she was supposed to be a freaking nymph ...you know the chick from Hercules the TV series, the one with the tail that used to stone people, but never mind that! Its actually quite connected with jaws the revenge, I used this analogy in response to some butt-hole that said that "Sam Raimi made his jaws" so like I said is connected: first the name "Lamia" in Greek means "large shark", at some point Lamia makes the exact same sound like the freaking shark made in jaws: the revenge, he uses suspense and it shows us very little of the demon but we feel its presence by the freaking vomit and crap in every second, ah yeah at some point the main character stuffs something into the mouth of the villain, and the list goes on... now to sum this in a question and to quote a man who's work I appreciate "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!"

American made horror... in other words, laughable

Author: oaklandftw from United States
15 February 2010

Now, believe me when I say I WANTED to like this movie. Then again, I also want a million dollars. There are only 2 reasons this has a 5. Reason 1: Not a bad storyline, good for the most part to me. Reason 2: Shocking ending for an American made horror movie(Hollywood loves happy endings). But then there are 2 reasons why I was going to give this movie under a 5. Horrible execution for a movie that COULD have been one of the very few great American movies of the decade. I mean really, the main character(Christine Brown) seems like an actress for a melodramatic drama movie or a romantic but she was god awful in some parts of this movie. I don't know how this movie has a rating of 7.2, which is .1 better than Inside, and in my honest opinion Inside is in a class of it's own with Horror movies it is simply the BEST horror film EVER made. It also has .2 higher than Martyrs which is an amazing movie. This movie is not even worth a rent in my opinion, not many American movies are. The French and Brits(UK) own the horror movie business they are the best. I am American so don't hate but if you want a true horror movie watch Inside or Martyrs. Two of the best movies ever made.

Drag me too hell... more like this movie can go to hell !!!!!!

Author: swagg_kings92 from United States
13 February 2010

first of all to start off, this movie is terrible as soon as It starts, It has very bad acting fake scenes involving what is supposed to be demons from hell coming for your soul ! & yes i would have to admit that it made me jump a few times but not really enough to call It a true horror movie . whoever brags about this movie about how good It may be is a lying sack of horse Puck and doesn't have any good taste in scary movies, apparently ! so my advice don't even look at it wen passing through the horror section at either blockbuster or on Netflix or whatever you may use to receive movies, this is just one load of crud !

Can't understand the fuss (WITH SPOILERS)

Author: JohnM-9 from London, England
6 February 2010

On the plus side, the film employs rather well its modern setting alongside its medieval subtext of gypsies, curses, and souls promised to evil spirits. Sadly on the negative side, the film is formulaic and anyone with a modicum of film watching experience could see the twists and turns before they came, including the final one. Furthermore, it relies more on grossing you out (there is a lot of puking, ugly hags and dirty fingernails) rather than frightening you. My only explanation as to how it got the good reviews is that nowadays any Hollywood film without a happy ending with the lovers living happily ever after is so rare that it sends the critics into paroxysms of praise.