IMDb > "Jon & Kate Plus 8" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Jon & Kate Plus 8"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Jon & Kate Plus 8" More at IMDbPro »

Ways of how to ruin your marriage and exploit your children.

Author: LAimplanted from United States
27 May 2009

For the greatest tips on how to ruin your marriage, and exploit your children... please tune in to Jon and Kate plus 8, they will show you all the tips on how greed can ruin lives. I see nothing wrong in securing financially for your children, but let us realize that Kate was a nurse, and Jon had a decent job as well. They weren't poor by any means. Too much of anything is unhealthy. Maybe one season was just enough, then she could of focused on writing, but to let it play out this long is disgusting. What disgusts me even more is that people tune in to watch this crap. I hope you know that it's staged. The wedding vows they renewed, staged! Everything is scripted in what they do. I'm happy I didn't tune in on Monday, but then again you can just see it's all over front pages of yahoo, and other various sites. Boycott this show for the sake of the children, let Jon and Kate deal with this in private. If not you just continue to feed ratings for the network that is motivated by money! Kate should of wrote a book about, 100 ways to destroy a family! Jon you're just as guilty, fckn grow a pair!

Child exploitation by parents, network, and sponsers

Author: interrobang100 from United States
2 August 2009

This show is all about lazy parents making a living off their children. They had jobs that would have earned enough to support this family in a simple way, but they didn't want to work. So they put the kids to work. And don't believe for a minute that it's just the kids living their lives. There are plenty of examples of things done for the show that any sane parent would not have allowed.

The parents insist they do it for the kids, but the reality is they only think about all the goodies they get, the free trips, a fancy house, free stuff. The kids don't care about that. All they want is to be able to play with their friends, not be humiliated on national television, not having to do stuff for the camera, and to have a childhood, which has been stolen from them by greedy adults. And they will probably have nothing to show for it when they turn 18 but resentment.

Don't support this exploitation. It's a travesty that a network calling itself the The Learning Channel has become the sideshow carny channel. Please, do those children a favor, boycott the show and the sponsors and let the sponsors know you won't buy their product so long as they support harming children.

Jon and Kate

Author: hugsandhissyfits from United States
29 December 2008

I use to be addicted to this then to a point it certainly get to be the same Ole same Ole after they have gotten tons of money and fame now they get to go do everything have no real struggles only bickering between each other. I lost all respect for Kate after she told TLC her best friend and sister in law could not profit from their children after all the countless hours they helped w the kids after all loved them and gave up their own time and own time with their children.I think its a sad woman who does this.Aunt Jodi deserved more..she was a good human being much better than Kate.. I will never watch again..and I've told all my family and everyone I speak do not watch this..she should want and desire the nest for everyone who wanted good for their kids.

Another letdown in TV programming

Author: Nick Damian from Toronto, Ontario
20 October 2009

Wow - how low can Hollywood sink? Let's brutally destroy some family by putting them on camera and then feeding every tidbit of their lives into the media.

If the kids don't grow up to be pshyco murders by the time they are 13, I will be surprised.

What a boring show, a stupid show and a sad attempt at an introspect of people's personal life.

Reality TV has got to stop now.

It has surpassed the point of stupidity and has become a bore and mind-numbing to watch.

There is nothing salvageable on this show and the fact that the tow parents are fighting constantly now over the money from this lousy production is sad and as uninspiring to read about and hear about as the show is itself.

Just one more reason that TV shows suck!

O.o

Author: Liandria from Canada
17 May 2009

I gave 2 stars out of 10... and i am being nice. When the season first started, I appreciated the show. They had a regular house, with regular jobs and regular cars. As the seasons go, the house goes bigger (and WAY bigger), the jobs are changing, the cars are changing, and their personality completely changed.

In the beginning, Jon and Kate were explaining the difficulties of what it is to have so many children. Example: How Kate doesn't like how her body looks. Some days she would not have make up or have her hair done... and with the seasons, you realize that Kate had probably had a tummy tuck done, gets her hair done every day and had amazing make up, nice clothes and goes to the gym very often. Kate is a very bitter person and should learn to be nice and accept to be told how to do stuff. She is not the queen of the world. I have the Impression that now the show is more about what expensive stuff they go than their own family. Look how many trips they done; in my whole life, i never went to so many places... I find it pretty sad how much they show off their money now. Before they didn't... I am impressed they don't have an expensive car yet just for the couple...(maybe they do but they don't show it)

The other thing I go annoyed with the show is how much religion is put in. Not everyone in the world is Christian... Their site is filled with religious stuff. Life ain't only about religion and the show should be neutral. Maybe Its because I am Canadian that i feel that way, but There is so many religion in this world that they shouldn't push it so much in their show. There is so much subject they could use than going to church and talk about it.

So I Gave 2 stars because the kids are adorable and I am sure they have a better life than most of us. the only thing they don't have is now privacy. They should have privacy for their own safety...

Painful To Watch

Author: forthetollferry from United States
20 June 2008

I'm still trying to figure out what is so amazingly special about this show that makes it come on like 10+ times a day every day. To me, being within earshot of a program that has eight screaming kids and a histrionic mother is not something I care to endure endlessly as TLC would have it, much less for half an hour. Obviously, there is some psychological draw to this show though for the way it gets so much publicity and the way some people (like some that I know) flock to it without a second thought and gleefully disperse its earful of tensions to everyone else in the room. I really, really don't get it, but I guess that doesn't really matter as long as it sells.

annoying

Author: jdmxrain from United States
3 April 2009

I've seen a few of these episodes and I don't like it. Kate treats Jon like he's her dog, by bossing him around and being rude and overreacting on every little thing. She treats him like he's one of the kids. She doesn't respect her husband and dominates him. Jon always looks like he's miserable.

Its like he goes on with whatever is going on and whatever Kate tells him to do. They say the octumom is bad, well what they're doing isn't so great either. They're not giving their children any privacy and kids need that growing up. I'm sure they keep doing the show because they couldn't support their family any other way.

Jon is the only one who works and one income isn't enough to support 10 people so I'm sure the show pays them well. Kate says she has a type A personality, yea I get that but it goes beyond that with her. On the plus side, it seems like the kids are treated equally. Its also a boring show, and the way Kate acts is annoying. I really don't like her and Jon.

The parents are annoying and the kids are brats

Author: nikki_armstrong from North Carolina
30 August 2008

The wife is an obsessive control freak and the husband is spineless to put up with her crap. She screams at him in public.

Kate won't let the kids have any fun for fear of making a mess. What is her problem. They have no friends or family left in their life because they have run everyone off.

I used to like watching the show in the very beginning but the parents have changed. Even the kids attitudes are getting bad. Why do they subject the kids to the constant cameras and lack of privacy.

If you check the message boards, it sounds like the parents are just in it for the money. They canceled a bunch of speaking engagements they had committed to with churches under the pretense of "needing to spend less time away from the kids" - just supposedly to have replaced them with new speaking engagements where they are charging $25,000 to appear.

The show I love to hate

Author: missylizzie13 from United States
21 December 2008

I love to hate this show. The kids are being exploited by their parents especially their over controlling mother Kate. Jon is no help either because he just goes along for the ride. The kids are being exposed to life that is being tapes 4 times a week. Aren't there child labor laws? It isn't real any more. All of the freebies, the new book and the way that the promote products is sickening. The last episode about Giving Back was excruciating! I mean they were giving themselves a pat on the back about visiting sick children. I know Kate said that she was just doing this to bring awareness to the issue but then why hand out "Multiple Blessings" (a book she didn't even write and is taking all the credit for) and promote the new movie "The Tale of Despereaux" while doing it. If it is all really just about giving Life Experience to the kids, how about realizing the years of painful ridicule and embarrassment to come? Those kids will NEVER know what privacy is because Jon and Kate never gave them a chance at it.

It was probably all Kate's idea

Author: pooterbear1 from United States
6 July 2013

Honestly I'm about to give a opinion and a theory that I observed over the past week. I've been watching TLC all day today and that they so happened to have a Kate plus 8 marathon going on today and at the end of it they played the sextuplets turn 10 episode. After all these years of watching this show, I finally realized that Jon had nothing to do with these kids on TV. Kate probably forced Jon into signing the contract to film their life when they first started the show. Kate knew the outcome of filming her and her children, she knew 8 kids + National television = money. So there must of been a 4 or 5 year contract with TLC to keep them on their channel and to film them and like I said this must of been Kate's idea of earning some cash. So she quit her job because she knew she wouldn't need it after all the money she expects to get. I noticed how Jon is miserable in all these episodes of the show because he must of wanted better for his kids and wanted them to feel normal due to the fact that they kind of aren't Normal in general due to the fact their are 8 of them a set of twins and a sextuplet bunch. Finally Jon snapped and had enough and decided to divorce kate because she is killing these kids mentally and wants better for them so around the time Jon and Kate got divorced, was around the same time the show ended. So basically without Jon the contract was trash and they had to pull the show. So the moral of all this is Jon saw deep within Kate's mind and saved his children from the exposure that Kate was putting on them for some money. (Bravo!!! Bravo!!!)