IMDb > "Fringe" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Fringe"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratingsmessage board

"Fringe" More at IMDbPro »

Page 11 of 38: [Prev][6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [Next]

Fringe

Author: writesromine from United States
2 June 2011

The Fox thriller from the genius mind of JJ Abrams is rolling along pretty good this year. On of the things I think JJ and his clan have learned from their experiences with Lost is that why we want to wonder what is going, on you have to always give us a cookie to keep up coming back.

While Fringe started of pretty rocky, it has come along way recently, and has found a good mix of intrigue, interpersonal relationships, mind blowing science, and plenty of the ever amusing Walter Bishop. The characters are well grounded, and the relationships are complicated. The most unexpected move the writers recently made was the blossoming romance between the two main characters, Olivia and Peter.

The Fringe team were questioned several years ago if this could be a possibility, and their response, via Entertainment Weekly, was a resounding no. "I see Peter and Olivia more as a brother and sister with a truly bizarre father figure – three broken people, coming together as a dysfunctional family,"- Joshua Jackson, Entertainment Weekly.

Peter and Olivia's romantic relationship has become one of the show's main complications. Specifically in recent events, where Peter became intimate with Faux Olivia from an alternate universe. While unbeknownst to him, the real Olivia was trapped in the alternate universe pining for him.

In the more recent episodes, Firefly and Reciprocity, I was reminded once again why I really enjoy this show. Firefly became notable with the guest starring performance of Christopher Lloyd, as a aging rock and roll musician, who is given a message by one of the observers-time traveling beings that can be found 'observing' at many of the important events in history. via his deceased son.

In Reciprocity, our theme line is revisited when Peter comes face to face with the doomsday machine that only he seems to be able to control. As says in the title of the episode, it seems that while the machine functions off of Peters energy, the machine may be feeding negative energy back to him. On a side note, Olivia reads the computer diary of Faux Olivia, and discovers that Faux Olivia had indeed begun to have feelings for Peter.

Fringe, while a step beyond the normal drama, is reminiscent of the X-Files, and I love it. I have always been a Mulder – Scully die hard fan, and JJ Abrams has recaptured that dark intrigue that propelled the show along.

I have some predictions for the remaining season. While Peter and Olivia are at a crossroads, I predict that Peter will continue to spin out of control, and only Olivia will be able to pull him back. Walter, in his quest to protect his son, will be given a choice and he will make it, relying on Peter's love for Olivia to save them all. It is irrational and over the top, but here's the thing. While I am a huge fan of Fringe, it unfortunately does not have the following it should, and will most likely be axed this season. I predict this with no joy, but realism. There are just too many good shows to watch, and Fringe doesn't quite make the grade for the average viewer. So to all of you Fringe fans, enjoy it while it lasts, for its departure is unavoidable.

"Do you know what you are putting into our bodies? Death, delicious strawberry flavored death." - Walter Bishop, "Northwest Passage"

Amy Romine BellaOnline's Prime Time TV Editor

Fringe - THE BEST

Author: sasa_skyline from Romania
23 December 2010

THIS is the most amazing show i've ever seen in days !! if i'd be a billionaire id give the producer unlimited funds for this movie !! it's just amazing ..my brain is absorbing every second of the movie ...it's like a book with all the answers i ever had bout everything! BRAVO !!! keep it up! amazing characters ..amazing storyline .. and message to all TV-series zombies out there: if anyone thinks this show is crap : delete yourselves from this site ...u just don't belong ..go watch soap operas channel or something ! and why do they made this rule about putting 10 lines of text because i have nothing else to say..but i need to type something so i will fill up the lines :))))) Have a good one !

Intriguing series. leaves me wanting more

Author: jackow48 from london England
29 October 2010

I have just discovered fringe being advertised on my cable on demand service. I thought I'd take a look and have watched 9 episodes already (I'm on holiday from work!!) I love it, the mad story lines and the characters, especially Walter, he's hilarious. Olivia is a strong woman but shows her vulnerability so she is not one dimensional and Peter is cute. I want to know more about him and what he was up to before. Only one gripe. There are a few episodes which left me wanting to know more and thought I might find out in the next one, but didn't. Hopefully, as the series moves on all will be revealed but I wont let that spoil it for me as I'm thoroughly enjoying it and can't wait for the second series.

Fringe Season 2

Author: veeladelacour from United States
30 September 2010

This show is everything I'd hoped for in in the Sci-Fi shows Battleship Galactica and Heroes, both of which shows failed to deliver. Ursula LeGuin and Frank Herbert are met by their match with Abrams, Kurtzman and Orci. What amazing vision and writing. The heroes are far more complicated than anything Matt Damon ever played, and I love and appreciate his films. This season totally captures that fine tortured and suspenseful edge. If you can, watch the last two episodes of Season 1, and you'll have the background to appreciate Season 2. Start watching today!! Anna Tory and Joshua Jackson are brilliantly cast, and do not disappoint!

Give it Time

Author: Mark Babin from Dallas
2 July 2010

I find this show to be an excellent mix of sci-fi, drama, and comedy. Given, the pilot was a little slow. If you give the show time (about four of five episodes) and I guarantee it will grow on you. As is typical with an Abrams work, it takes a little time for the main plot and characters to develop, but when they do. Wow.

Oh, and may I tip my hat to the costume department? I swear, I haven't ever seen such a well dressed cast working together. The northern atmosphere really opens up the department's options for outfits, but they all have the extra bit that pushes them over the edge. From suits to t-shirts, every outfit is worn beautifully.

Honestly, this show deserves a ten. Those other users who gave the show poor ratings did so because they never gave the show enough time (in my opinion). I can give you my word that after watching season one, within three days you will be craving season three this September.

Creepy and unsettling and I mean that in a good way.

Author: dpenwarn from Canada
23 January 2010

Fringe, a gripping thriller brimming with ideas and inspiration shares some similarities with the classic X Files but ultimately has charted its own course with appealing characters and an intriguing story arc that continues to evolve as the series progresses. The trio of main characters have developed into a cohesive ,albeit eccentric group of explorers in all things arcane. John Noble, as the uber weird Walter Bishop continues to impress, with Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv providing the at times understated but always worthwhile interplay that makes me want to continue to tune in week after week. Like any memorable TV drama, Fringe rewards an audience willing to invest with well written, well acted, intelligent stories.

Truly the best show i've ever seen.

Author: David J. Glenn from Earth Realm
15 April 2011

Fringe is amazing, i've watched it from episode one, onto the third season. And the fact that it was almost canceled offends me, and makes Fox look like fools.

This is one of the most original shows on TV today. People who have only seen one or less episodes will claim it's a X-files rip off, but they clearly haven't seen it.

X-Files had a lot to do with government conspiracies, and aliens. Fringe has nothing do with Aliens, and they work for the government.

Walter Bishop is the most original character on television since Monk!, he's funny, and he makes you emotionally connect, and feel his pain.

The plots are outstanding, and they have boundaries they don't pass, which results in a realistic world.

If you're going to start watching Fringe, try to catch up first because this is the fastest pasted show you'll ever see, new things are happening every episode. They haven't had a "filler" episode since Season one.

Fringe is the best show on TV right now, if you haven't watched it, please do.

Oh and don't judge it from just season one, because things change fast, and often in Fringe.

I love this series

Author: dreadbaron666 from Denmark
3 February 2011

I admit that the first couple of episodes was a bit weird and dull, but when i got its footing it was great.¨

i love Walther bishop, and I sit every week and cheer for the relationship between Olivia end peter.

of course the science is unrealistic its "Fringe" science its meant to be, if it was realistic it wouldn't be fringe.

you have to give characters in series a chance to develop so the I don't get a proper feel of Olivia Dunham thing i just a bad excuse.

there was something i didn't like in season 1, but that just mean that there is room for improvement. I hated Olivia's partner/boyfriend and was glad when he died i just wished he had stayed dead instead of popping up all the time, thank god, he faded all out at last.

but to sum up: Season 1: a bit slow but still worth the while, the boyfriend is annoying and peter is quite bland in this season. Season 2: brilliant, love the tension between Olivia and peter and the plot thickens. season 3 so far: not enough episode cases, but then again the main plot is getting real thick.

I love this show!!! Fringe is wicked awesome!

Author: IComp from United States
8 January 2011

This show kicks butt! The writing is great, the acting is great and it keeps me glued to the TV without the high stress level that 24 produced. I watched the first two episodes of the first season and liked the show, but didn't have time to continue watching it. After 6 months or so, I started watching again and ended up watching the entire first two seasons in two weeks while on vacation from work. The humor and sincerity provided in the relationships particularly between Walter and Peter is wonderful! I adore the character of Walter! Thanks for a great show! After Stargate was canceled, and now 24, I've been waiting for a great show to take their place.... Stargate Universe...Dramarama soap opera crap! .... Caprica... Hell no - same drivel! Well done JJ et al!

Unbearble

Author: ununchanged from Germany
29 June 2009

It's so disturbing when people talking idiotic unscientific crap are supposed to be super-intelligent professors or genius villains... a lot of stereotype cuddly characters are fighting against something so mysterious you can be sure it will never really explained... it's almost creepy how incredibly smart some X-Files episodes are compared to this nonsense.

Many bad actors doing a great job being impossible to believe, made-up characters.

How can u possibly work for the FBI while being this stupid? It just doesn't make sense... it might be that the story is just full of these brainless plot-holes so that they can make the old boring story seem new. Please don't watch this.