IMDb > "NCIS" Requiem (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"NCIS" Requiem (2007)"NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service" Requiem (original title)

« Prev | 101 of 269 Episodes | Next »

Series classic

Author: DarkLord22 from Qatar
8 June 2008

it doesn't get better than this. Gibbs is contacted by a young woman named Maddie who was a friend of his daughter Kelly when they were little. She is being stalked and has turned to Gibbs for help.

This is one of the show's best episodes. It opens very dramatically with Tony firing on the run, killing two men and then jumping into the water to rescue Gibbs and Maddie who are trapped underwater in a car. The episode resumes after the credits 24 hrs before and the story unfolds. Maddie has come to Gibbs because she is being stalked by a guy, a Marine, who she dated briefly before he was sent to Irag. Now that he is back, he has been attempting to resume their relationship; or so it seems. There is more to the situation then Gibbs and Maddie realize. Gibbs wants very much to help Maddie so that, in some way, he can makeup for the fact that he was not able to help his wife and daughter. Tony's rescue attempt to save both Maddie and Gibbs is dramatic. The very poignant scene where Gibbs has apparently drowned and sees Shannon and Kelly and Kelly tells him to go back really touched me.

To reiterate other reviewers: this is why I watch this show.

Maddie Tyler rescue

Author: jacewoods from United States
4 October 2013

You can debate through all of the episodes of NCIS as to which episode is better but for me to see a reminder to Gibbs of the past and to what might have been the future was the most poignant episode I've watched. To see the picture Abby took of the two of them and the great lengths he went to rescue her. And to finally fill in some blanks for Ducky and Inspector Shepard. And finally knowing as always throughout it all as always Tony had his Six. The ending would make the most devoted of viewers and casual ones as well cry, and to think there was more to come since this was just season 5. Subsequent story lines and plot twists shows why this show has stayed relevant for all of these years, but for me personally I look forward to any marathon days hoping that I would see this episode. And the funniest thing I take from that story was how Gibbs was candid enough to tell Maddie that Kelly would probably be like her, but yet he could not take her coffee. The only time MySpace seemed relevant.