The patient in the examining room sticks a pointed knife blade into the Hot side (small) slot of the electrical socket shortly after House walks in. Sparks fly and the patient shudders and shakes as if he's being electricity shocked. What both Dr. House and the patient don't seem to know is that it's impossible to make a shock happen just by sticking a metal object into one slot of an electrical socket. As any electrician could tell you, current only flows in a closed circuit. For current to flow and a shock to occur, a knife-wielder would have to also be touching either the neutral slot or the ground slot of the socket. It's like touching only one node of a battery and expecting electricity to flow through your body; not going to happen.