IMDb > "Phenomenon" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Phenomenon" More at IMDbPro »

Worse Illusion Show Ever

Author: Perry Mercer (Blackace) from Glendale, AZ
15 August 2009

The only good thing about the show was having Criss Angel and Uri Gellar calling out the would be magicians on their poor attempts to deceive them. The best episode was when Criss Angel told one guy that he was a phony and was going to bet him money to prove it. The guy obviously didn't bite, but was eventually sent packing. Out of the mentalist (illusionist) on the show, only two of them were really any good. The rest were either terrible, boring or just not fun to watch. Obviously the show has been cancelled, and I can understand why. I didn't understand why they needed celebrities there to assist them. They could have just picked anyone from the audience. Maybe if Uri or Criss had performed some tricks of their own it might have been more interesting. Thankfully this will never see the light of day on DVD. If you missed it, be happy you did.

Bad Acting

Author: Hiwa Afandi from Sweden
29 November 2007

The show supposed to astonish you, well it is not exactly that. I have even doubts that the whole thing might be a setup. why do they have celebrities do the job always?

While it is based on an excellent idea, the show is looking bad because it looks like they are faking things. For example the guy who talked to the dead people was so lame, the Russian roulette player with snakes seems to fake something when he fakes how much pain he has. so I agree that it could be much better, I had higher expectations but the others may like it more than me.

And I don't know why they have not invited someone like David Blain there?