IMDb > Jerry Lewis at Work (2004) (V) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Jerry Lewis at Work (V) More at IMDbPro »

Jerry Lewis, 85: The highlights of his career

Author: Petri Pelkonen (petri_pelkonen@hotmail.com) from Finland
16 March 2011

Jerry Lewis at Work is a 30-minute documentary from 2004.It shows us clips from this gifted comedian's solo work, starting from The Delicate Delinquent moving on to The Patsy.Today Jerry Lewis turns 85 years old, or in Jerry's case, young.He has had a remarkable career.As we all remember, Jerry started his career in a comedy team with Dean Martin.What they did was something wild and energetic, something never seen before.But Jerry had a successful career without his partner, as well.In this documentary there are some of his colleagues talking about the man and his films.We have Anna Maria Alberghetti from Cinderfella.Connie Stevens from Rock-a-Bye Baby is there.And then we have Stella Stevens from The Nutty Professor.Jerry's son Chris Lewis talks about his dad.It's interesting to watch Jerry talking about another great comedian Stan Laurel, who was greatly involved in The Bellboy, his directorial debut.He was asked to act in it, but sadly he said no.I'm a great fan of Jerry Lewis, have been since the summer of '98.Today, to celebrate his 85th birthday, I bought his classic comedy The Ladies' Man.It's a joy to watch his act, the crazy slapstick comedy done with Jerry's recognizable high-pitched voice.It's good to know that Mr. Lewis is back in the business.He stars in a movie called Max Rose, which should be out this year.Hopefully Jerry Lewis will be around for a long time.