IMDb > "Supernatural" Bad Day at Black Rock (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Supernatural" Bad Day at Black Rock (2007)

« Prev | 47 of 265 Episodes | Next »

LOL funny

Author: super_frog16 from United Kingdom
16 November 2007

Oh my god, possibly one of the funniest eps going, on par with Tall Tales. Absolutely awesome humour and timing from both brothers, Jareds performance absolutely killed me. It was such a breath of fresh air to see Sam in a humorous light, again akin to tall tales. I loved it! How the hell they managed to pull a full storyline from a rabbits foot is beyond me. And the addition of the gore, again, nice touch. Introductions were made to Bela. Must admit I'm not fully pulled by her character at the moment, I like how she is token antagonist but i dunno, still undecided i think. Anyways, this has to be a definite favourite in my book and a complete must see. We all know supernatural is generally dark, but i love the occasional funny ep as much as the next guy, awesome, thumbs up kripke! XsarahX

One of the best yet!

Author: nanderson75 from Australia
30 October 2007

I could pretty much give each episode a 10 out of 10 for the writing, the direction, the acting, the scariness, the humor, the two hot guys but this has got to be one of the funniest episodes.. I always feel like this show is a lot like X Files; have their main story running throughout with little side quests and occasionally have one really loopy, off the wall episode. This was Supernatural's. The fight's they had, Sam falling over all the time and losing his shoe and the whole 'I'm Batman' thing.. funny, very funny. Great episode, definitely one I will remember! Hope they can find more ways of bringing John Winchester back too.. miss him muchly!

Funny story

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
29 October 2007

Funny story. The show is back on track. Humor, drama, and plot twists for other shows all rolled into one. The rabbit's foot sub-story is just as funny as 'Tall Tales'. Dean's sarcasm, and silliness is over the top. I love Dean's I'm Batman part of the show, and Sam gave the usual whatever reply. Unfortunately, Gordon is back with a new crazy friend. For parity (Sam's problem is Gordon) Dean's new antagonist is Bella. Funny, how Dean bothers Bella just like Joe! I love how Dean and Bella try to out do each other. The ending is great. I believe Gordon is coming back for round 3. Doesn't Gordon ever learn? 10 out of 10. Not a lot of the Impala in this episode.

Cursed Rabbit Foot

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
12 August 2009

During a visit in prison, Gordon convinces the fanatically religious hunter Kubrick that Sam is evil and opened the gate of hell; therefore he must die. While having an argument about the demon Ruby, Dean and Sam receive a phone call in their father cellular telling that his container stored outside of Buffalo has been broken in. The Winchester brothers head to Buffalo and track down the small time thieves Grossman and his partner. Meanwhile the thugs open a box that they have stolen and find a rabbit foot inside. When Dean and Sam break in the apartment, they have a strange fight with the criminals and they note that the rabbit foot is a lucky charm that gives good luck to anyone that touches it. They call Bobby Singer that tells them that that the foot is hoodoo prepared by a witch in Baton Rouge that gives good luck and fortune to the owner; however, if lost, the owner dies within a week. Sam and Dean decide to destroy the magic object, but they discover that they have been stolen by the greedy mercenary Bela Talbot. While Dean seeks out Bela in Queens, New York, the jinxed Sam is chased by Kubrick and his friend Creedy.

"Bad Day at Black Rock" is a funny episode of this show. The jokes are hilarious, there are good twists and Dean and Sam have a perfect timing and dialogs, supported by a witty screenplay; however, I prefer spooky episodes. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Dia Ruim em Black Rock" ("Bad Day at Black Rock")

best this season

Author: princess6000 from United States
20 October 2007

That was absolutely amazing. I like the fact that Dean was back to normal self caring about his job with his wounder sense of humor. Wounderful acting from Jared. I loved his line about loosing his shoe like a little kid. The whole thing with the air condition was really funny. I'm looking forward to learning a little more about Bella. With the YED out of the picture her and Ruby could be the main antagonists. The plot was strange, but made a great story. I don't think we've herd the last of Gordon or his friend. I've noticed that Sam isn't telling Dean about their mom. I'ed like too see more of Ellen in the future.I think she could do a lot more to help the boys. Well what more can I say except great episode I can't wait for next week.

Sam Winchester must die!

Author: zombiehigh18 from Egypt
8 November 2011

Of all the comic relief episodes, I prefer this one and season 4's "Yellow fever" the most. Though I like episodes that go more with the story arc with heartbreaking and serious moments, I don't mind having fun every now and then.

The Gordon Walker story line is back, with him being still dangerous to the boys. We come across a silly goofy hunter Kubrick who buys Gordon's "Sam is the Anti-Christ" story and thinks he is on a mission from God. The episode also introduces the character of Bela Talbot who seems to be interesting. Bella is not a hunter, a daemon or any other creature we have known through the series, She is a prize collector, a thief who takes advantage of her knowledge about hunters and their talismans to make money. She is smart, pretty, ruthless and would make a nice antagonist to Dean. Bobby makes a brief appearance with a new light on his character calling Dean "idjit", making him more than just a fatherly figure but a possible funny cynical character too. (I think he is more of an older version of Dean).

Jared Padalecki gave a good performance of the keeping secrets goofy clumsy cute childish puppy face "I lost my shoe" Sam. But, His will to work with a daemon is annoying me.

All in all, I liked the "Rabbit's foot" story and I wonder what other secrets John kept from the boys, and why didn't Bella go after any of the other talismans in the container?