IMDb > Diamonds (2009) (TV) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Diamonds (TV) More at IMDbPro »

A murder mystery that uncovers the true suspects are diamonds.

Author: nathan-yeo from United States
23 August 2009

This is a movie about the Diamond industry. About the power and seduction and corruption they have on everyone they come into contact with. it is not a documentary, and it doesn't try to encompass it all. The four main players are a senator trying to uncover why her daughter was killed, in an African "Hell-Hole". A young turk, rips his fathers diamond company out from underneath him with his aggressive ways. A young ground scientist tries to make up for getting crew killed by finding another mine. A young boy with a fist full of diamonds tries to smuggle them to their destination. All lives intersect all lines are crossed. A lot of people get their come-up-ance. it doesn't try to solve world problems or bring new questions. This is the way it is, it just tells a story, and a damn good one at that.

Well Done TV Production

Author: Sam Wanjere from Nairobi, Kenya
6 April 2010

I love nathan-yeo's review. It is absolutely spot on. In a way, the movie's a cliché about Africa, but sadly entertaining too. I won't dwell much on such stereotypes as corrupt Nigerians, but the production offers a behind-the scenes look at diamond politics and related corruption. At a macro level, the movie shows we are, without exception, partakers of the lustful greed that makes such an industry survive. We proudly wear rocks with scant regard to how much work goes into their extraction or related exploitation of locals. the saddest part for me is Africans murdering and making slaves of fellow Africans. There might be no originality in the script, but the production still serves a dish of entertainment, interspersed with plenteous food for thought.