IMDb > "Metalocalypse" Dethlessons (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Metalocalypse" Dethlessons (2007)

« Prev | 22 of 63 Episodes | Next »

Metal, funny, but a little boring

Author: Yevgeni fisher from Russia
1 October 2007

In this episode, Skwisgaar unplugs Toki's guitar in a middle of a concert because Toki starts playing the solo and that's actually Skwisgaars part. So Toki starts fighting with Skwisgaar over the right to play more parts like solos. So Toki starts taking guitar lessons from some old guy that he found in an ad on the street.

Meanwhile, Murderface is teaching Nathan and Pickles how to be a dick.

Well, what can i say, it's a good episode, but i guess that they could do better, i mean it's great that they have brought the subject of Toki playing only the rhythm guitar and doesn't really play anything else, but i figured it out by myself anyway, so if you ask me, it was boring, but still very funny in most parts. i give it 8 because it's funny, it's Dethklok, but it's not brutal enough, by the way, it's not brutal at all, there was not one bit of gore in this episode.

Good Episode Overall

Author: Ostrumation from Good Ol' New England
1 October 2007

In this episode, Toki is sick of being in the shadows of Skwisgaar who is the lead guitarist. So he takes some lessons from some old guy and learns that the heart has strings.

This episode was a little different from the other episodes, the opening to the episode was my favorite part. I guess this episode was meant to center on Toki only, just like how "Religionklok" (Season 1, Episode 15) centered on Murderface.

Oh well, the song in the opening was great along with the fight sequence between Skwisgaar and Toki.

Good episode overall, 8.5 out of 10. I expected a little more though.

Toki gets lessons, Murderface teaches "Being a D*** 101"

Author: OpusAtrum from United States
25 October 2008

Great episode, my favorite, anyway. It's got a few of the best scenes we've seen in the series so far. The opening scene is a good example of Metalocalypse's status as a mini Rock Opera. Exemplifying this theme are scenes like this opener, Skwisgaar's video shoot with the dragon in season 1, all of the concert sequences, etc. Surreal epic fantasy.

My favorite scene, though, is Murderface's sudden outburst against their agent Charles, and Nathan and Pickles' reaction. So friggin' funny and random. Overall, a shining example of this show's unorthodoxy.

Can't wait for season three. Tommy Blacha, the series co-creator and writer, announced at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con that the series has been renewed, and a third season is forthcoming.