IMDb > "Leverage" (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Leverage"
user reviewsexternal reviewsawardsuser ratings

"Leverage" More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]

I love and miss leverage

Author: linzimarieross from England
11 May 2015

I don't remember watching all the TV program of Leverage, but what i did manage to watch i loved.

I since collected all the series on DVD and i can still watch them over and over again, which to me is very rare and a joy and is never boring.

I loved the characters, their interactions and their development and i think the show could have lasted much longer.

I was a bit disappointed that there would be no more leverage, i think that in some ways it may have went under the radar for a lot of people, i know for a fact that some times i missed it on TV and not because i wasn't interested, but sometimes i did not realise it was back on etc.

I hope that leverage could return, whether with TV series or movie idea and i hope that the team will come together again. But in the mean time i will continue to watch the series over and over and i just found out about leverage books today.

I wish all the actors and crew of Leverage well and thank you its been a joy to watch.

Give Me More Leverage

Author: Jay Woodland from United Kingdom
22 March 2015

A Foot in Mouth: Brutally Honest Review.

***Contains Spoilers*** Leverage in my mind is an example of how to make an extremely entertaining, engaging and very fun TV shows with some outstanding casting, very well written characters and some of the quirkiest story lines is a beautifully executed ice cream cone of perfection. Yummy! I was really upset when they cancelled this show after season 5, but I really think they should bring it back! The premise of the show is essentially a group of the 4 best highly skilled criminal operatives in the world ranging from a hacker, grafter, cat burglar and a hitter are brought together under the supervision of an ex-insurance investigator to pull a heist that goes slightly wrong, so then they start to help average everyday people get leverage over large corporations, millionaires, the authorities and pretty much anyone who tries to screw over us honest hardworking everyday people.

One of the most important things for me is not only the portrayal of the characters on screen but the chemistry of the characters, if I am invested in the characters and their mates I don't care what the story is I will watch it, examples: Castle, NCIS, NCIS: LA, NCIS: New Orleans, Person of Interest, CSI, Elementary, Death in Paradise The thing that shines throughout these TV shows is not only a phenomenal cast and the writing, but the relationships between the characters.

Leverage has an amazing cast who play some very lovable characters with their physical, emotional and verbal banter with the backing of their dramatic, flawed and charismatic performances, with a teaspoon of deliciously funny and a dollop of whipped quirkiness and not forgetting a chocolate flake this show has everything you want. Except the flake that's mine!

a group of ex-criminals form a team to do good in our world

Author: Pooda_boy from United States
5 June 2009

After watching the first episode of this show I knew I was hooked. The first show was amazing, at first I did not know what this show was about because I came in half way through the show but hell thats all that it took to get me. In my English class we were studying a book by Steven Johnson called everything bad is good for you and we had to compare it to a television show my was of course television unfortunately it did not support Johnson's main idea of the book but you know what.... Damn Johnson this show is awesome it has technology, wit, intelligence, comedy but most of all it has poise. The characters I really enjoy the missions that this leverage team goes on because it does show good in what we believe bad people are. This new day version of the the A-team will sweep you off your feet and blow your mind away.

A Good Summer View

Author: PartialMovieViewer from United States
16 August 2011

This is one of those shows that happen to be a good filler. It is not a show I go out of my way to watch. If there is nothing else to watch, I will sit and take in the action. It seems to be a spin-off of, 'Mission Impossible.' It comes complete with a team of very talented people – all possessing specialized skills. I haven't seen any of them fly or stop trains, so their talents are believable. I have not seen too many of episodes, but what I have seen, I have enjoyed. I am not saying that I do back-flips out of my recliner every time I turn a show on, but I sit and watch it from beginning to end. It is not a show that is talked about at work (like 'NCIS' or even 'Bones') – but if asked, fellow workers will critique the show at the water fountain. I do like the fact that angry victims do not drive the story line. There is a job to do, a script to follow and I think the writers realize that politics can be handled by other televised mediocrities. Would I miss this show if it got cancelled, yes, I probably would. Would it be the end of the world, nope?

Modern day Mission Impossible

Author: (jtis30) from United States
8 November 2011

Five people with mad SKILLS, yo! A clever team thrown together whose living is to fight crime and not get paid. Lol. It's a little cheesy at times,a bit dumbed down on the believability scale, but can also surprise you with some intelligent, interesting twists . It's a lot like Mission Impossible which I used to watch as a kid. What drew me to watch this series was Timothy Hutton. I've been a fan since he played in Taps. The romantic tension between he and Sophie though doesn't play over, in my opinion. I especially love the cute/socially retarded Parker. She's soooo funny at times. I give it an 8 out of 10. I'm a loyal fan of the show despite its weaknesses.

Keeps getting better

Author: carmic-1 from United States
14 January 2009

OK....I really liked the first episode right off the bat. I knew it had some things that were far-fetched, but seriously, so does CSI, which is like the top rated show for the last 7 years. Now that the show is farther along....I actually like it MORE and the acting and writing seem to be getting better. I love the fact that they don't let you in on the history of each person right away, but rather, let you in on little tidbits each episode. We've gotten a little in the line of Nates son, Nates history with Sofie (but not a ton!) a little bit about Parker, and some flashbacks to Eliot, usually him kicking somebodies tail. There are good flashes of humor, some serious things like the abandoned kids in Serbia, but most importantly..it has non-stop fun and action.

My only fear right now, is the building relationships between Parker/Hardison and Nate/Sofie. Hopefully, they'll just let the tension build for a couple seasons vs jumping the shark early and having them pair up.

Too Light-weight To Last

Author: Andrew Moran from United Kingdom
7 April 2010

It could have been so good...but it became lame oh so quickly, and as the season two finale implies that there will be no season three, I have to say that it would be a wise decision to cut it off now.

As other reviewers have said, this is an American version of the BBC's "Hustle" and has shades of other shows, e.g. "Mission: Impossible", so it is far from original - but that, in itself, is not a crime.

Whilst it had an engaging cast of characters who could banter, then occasionally be serious, when allowed, the failure to give the characters real weight, and instead supply glib, flimsy, light-weight story lines, lacking drama or genuine suspense, meant that this show remained light-weight, without the depth required to continue to engage the audience with.

The show also suffered from the heavy back-story provided for Nathan Ford (Hutton), which was out of balance with the rest of the shows' characters, who are thin by comparison. Ford's haunted and heavy-drinking character ended up being an incongruous dampener to the lighter characters of his crew.

Although potentially interesting back-stories for Parker and Lindsay were hinted out, they never really materialised, and the characters remained essentially as tools by which the plot was progressed. More means to an end, than actual characters.

Another problem was the partial writing-out of Sophie's character, due to Gina Bellman's pregnancy, who was important for helping to anchor Ford's character; something a new, temporary character could not do.

Where this show really went wrong was with the writers and producers not taking it seriously enough.

"Light entertainment" is all very well, but people will get bored with it once the novelty wears off.

That has what has happened here, for me at least. If they do make a season three (or more), I doubt I will bother with it. Ah well.

silly and engaging

Author: calliope25 from Brooklyn, NY
26 February 2009

If you're looking for some high-grade cotton candy, this is it, and I mean that in a 100% positive way. The plots may have holes, and the execution isn't always perfect, but the (no-so) secret that makes this show truly great is its sense of humor. This isn't a show that's meant to be taken seriously or analyzed too carefully - there's some hubris, which I like, Hutton's back story being the most obvious - but overall you can just tell that everyone involved in this show is there to have a great deal of fun, and to let the audience in on the jokes. Am I the only person who has caught all the "Doctor Who" references? Some of the writers of this show are big fans - the pseudonyms Tom Baker, Mary Jane Baker, and a few others that have been mentioned in passing are names of former stars of "DW." The writing on this show is the best thing about it - the tongue-in-cheek is great, and the characters actually talk like people I know. Love it.

Good plot, engaging dialog, horrendous acting

Author: amazinz2006 from United States
11 August 2010

I started watching this show with somewhat high expectations as I've heard that it was gaining popularity and i was curious. Unfortunately however at the end of season one I could not bring myself to start season two. While the plots and drama's are very interesting and entertaining, the actors just butcher the script. The emotions, reactions, etc. of all the actors save Timothy Hutton and Gina bellman, just seem so fake that at certain parts i actually cringed while watching. The action scenes, while somewhat amateurish, are well done as well as the personalities given to the actors but sadly the actors chosen will be the fall of this show. I give it a 4 out of 10 to the producer and writers but seriously guys, you need have a better acting eye than that.

One of the Best Shows on Television

Author: TreasuresQueen from United States
15 August 2014

I have re-watched this series for the third time now and it gets better every time. TNT made a mistake by pulling this show! The development of the characters over 5 seasons was phenomenal! Taking 5 different personalities and meshing them into one common goal every episode was pure magic by the creators (Dean Devlin, John Rogers, and Chris Downey).

The humor and human emotion displayed in the episodes made you feel as if you could relate to one or more of the characters and the action packed in between made it realistic. There needs to be a follow-up TV movie!

Page 3 of 8: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [Next]