IMDb > Dragonball: Evolution (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Dragonball Evolution

Dragonball: Evolution More at IMDbPro »Dragonball Evolution (original title)

Recast and Remake.

Author: Iszaham from Malaysia
21 March 2009

Well, have anybody watch Dragonball Evolution yet? They already show at Malaysia. So I have watch. One thing you should know is Dragonball live-action is not what you guys will expert. Well, it not worth watching at all. Well, who idea to hired James Wong to direct the biggest Japanesse TV/anime/comic of all time.

James Wong only good on direct Final Destination series, I love all his Final Destination series, not doubt about that but this Dragonball Evolution. "Evolution" I don't know what "Evolution" mean in this film. Maybe they just said to make people excited. This cartoon-to-live-action adaptation is a disaster and disappointment.

Talk about the cast, well I agree with Fox to cast Emmy Rossum to play Bulma, I know some people will not agree with me, but I think she play that well. Emma got some pretty unic and she totally talented actress out there. The first scene when Bulma(Emmy Rossum) meet Goku(Justin Chatwin), I though she was good, but a little bit... not Bulma in Dragonball character. I'm a bit disappointed that Goku isn't Goku at all and the film so far, it not like the manga at all.

The CG in DragonBall Evolution, well that I love. The whole idea was brilliant only when Goku (Justin Chatwin) is battling with Master Roshi (Chow Yun-Fat) and his energy flow inadvertently target Bulma (Emmy Rossum). The punch that Goku make (try to make like TV/manga/anime) well it just rubbish. Hate that scene. The martial arts choreography is a little a bit disappointed to me.

This whole movie should put a new title, this movie just have a DragonBall title, plot and character name but it could really be a different movies because I don't know see a similar with Dragonball anime or cartoon.