IMDb > "CSI: Miami" Permanent Vacation (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CSI: Miami" Permanent Vacation (2007)

« Prev | 129 of 232 Episodes | Next »

An Unbelievable (literally) family

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
30 September 2008

A Canadian family vacationing in Miami has one of its members shot to death in an elevator just prior to leaving their hotel. Who did it, and why? At first glance, it looks like a solid, loving family but.....the story turns out to be ludicrous of this family portrayal. Trust me: nobody would act and talk like these people. It made for the first dumb episode of the season. Well, I'm not complaining because the preceding seven episodes have all been entertaining and not stupid, like this one.

The victim's father is the first ridiculous family character shown. The victim was one of his two teenage boys. Almost every sentence the father said was outrageous, something nobody would say,along with his actions and inflections. It was just really annoying. The odd thing is, the man disappears the second half of the show. We never see him again.

Unforuntately, the remaining brother and mother remain. The brother winds up almost killing a suspect, seriously injuring him by sneaking him and clubbing him numerous times with a blunt instrument. When interrogated by CSI later, the boy wonders why he would be in trouble for doing so? "The guy didn't die, so what's the problem?" he asks.

You see what I mean? All of this gets really out of hand in the final few minutes, so much so I'm not even going to give it credence by mentioning it. Oh well, no show is perfect and every once in awhile we get a clunker.