IMDb > "CSI: Miami" Guerillas in the Mist (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"CSI: Miami" Guerillas in the Mist (2007)

« Prev | 132 of 232 Episodes | Next »

CSI Miami or Star Trek ?

Author: alex-r-a-bengtsson from United States
12 December 2007

I've been always an avid fan of CSI. I have watched ALL the episodes of CSI, CSI NY and CSI Miami, and I have never seen such a bad episode like the "Guerillas in the Mist". Warning Spoilers ahead: Whoever wrote this episode, invented a weapon called the "Vaporizer" which is shaped in the form of a big cross and that contains about 200 barrels. The back part of the gun/cross is like a big TV Screen to help some extra-terrestrial entity that may have invented the gun to aim it. Turns out that this weapon is used against 3 criminals in the beginning of the episode, making them "vanish" in a mist of flying blood. Only their tennis shoes are left behind. That is needless to say, ridiculous. If you fire the closest existing thing, which in my opinion is a Gatling gun, towards an enemy, he will not vanish in thin air leaving just his shoes behind. It is totally absurd. They should think better and use an existing exotic weapon, like they did in the episode with the "corner shot" weapon, which actually exists and it is fielded by the Israelis. One other thing that bothers me, is that computer room with a big crystal screen. Also looks too much of a Sci-Fi thing – not to mention that the screen is so big, that anyone passing on the corridor of their lab, can see what they are doing – which in real life could really compromise an investigation. I sincerely hope that CSI Miami goes back to the real world and plausible crimes.

Zap! You've Been Vaporized!

Author: ccthemovieman-1 from United States
7 October 2008

The "Vaporizer."

Now, there is a cool weapon; an illegal gun capable of firing 100,000 rounds a minute. It is used here in the opening to kill three people, literally turn them into goo. All that is left of the three are their sneakers.

Who used this weapon? How did they acquire it? Most importantly, where is it? The latter is the main focus of this episode, getting at least equal time with the question "who used it." The "who" part is solved fairly early on but where the weapon went is another story.

It's a pretty interesting episode, beautifully filmed as usual with brilliant, bright colors. Some of the shots at the Miami port are filled with colorful crates at the dock. As for the "who," "why," and "where," the show does its usual thing: lead us from one suspect to another to another, all of whom are considered guilty but only the last one is, indeed. The problem is that once you've seen the suspects earlier, you can eliminate the others when they show up a second time and then by knowing there are only a few minutes left in the episode, you know the killer is only one you haven't seen twice. That pattern happens a lot on CSI.

The bad part of this show is that it turns into yet another exercise for the politically liberal writers to push their left wing agenda. Yes, the villains in in this are those who cite The Patriot Act and defend the U.S. involvement in Iraq. This is not the first time I've seen this on a CBS TV crime show. Funny, how these government types are always the villain in the world of movies and television shows, like this one.