IMDb > "24" Day 7: 12:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m. (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"24" Day 7: 12:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m. (2009)

« Prev | 164 of 195 Episodes | Next »

Hero And Villain Part II

Author: Desertman84 from United States
14 September 2012

Before retreating from the compound, Moss creates a diversion by punching Seaton so that Tony can sneak off and remain on the compound covertly while the FBI and Navy SEALs teams pull out. Jack becomes symptomatic and decides not to involve his daughter, Kim Bauer, even though her stem cells could cure him. Olivia blackmails a reporter to keep the crisis from going public. Tony locates the bioweapons with the help of a Starkwood insider, Doug Knowles, who had been assisting Senator Mayer's investigation into Starkwood's activities. This prompts Allison to order an air strike with three F/A-18s on the facility. Knowles is subsequently captured and taken to Hodges, who bottles him to death. Hodges learns of the strike and threatens to launch the pathogen, forcing the President to abort.

In summary,here the events that happened during that hour:

1.The FBI finds a lead with a man named Doug Knowles. Tony meets with him and they try to find a way to get the bio-weapon.

2.Jack Bauer has a seizure which means he is getting worse. When a cure comes up that involves his daughter, Jack doesn't want any part of it.

3.Jonas Hodges argues with Doug. He claims that he treated Doug like a son. He takes a glass bottle, bashes him on the head with it and throws him over a railing onto the floor below, killing him.

4.President Allison Taylor gets a call from Hodges who threatens to launch missiles armed with the bioweapon if they do not call off the air strike on Starkwood. She quickly calls off the attack.

Jack is getting worse in this episode.He suffered a seizure which makes his physical condition even worse.And then they

Oh My God!. Another Perfect Episode!.

Author: jigsaw-91 from Spain
5 January 2011

This season is being the best season of the series so far. And I'm saying it without any fear. I have in my head Seasons 1 and 5, but this seventh season is unique and it's being almost perfect in every aspect.

Jack battles his infection, which is more dangerous than Doctor Mazor thought. He is weaker than ever. Also he rejects an exit to his status: his daughter, Kim, can help him with a stem cells treatment. But he doesn't want to put Kim in danger. Also Tony is finally able to arrive at the place where the weapon is thanking the undercover collaboration of Douglas Knowles. But Knowles is discovered by Hodges and kills him. At the end, Hodges blackmails The President forcing her to abort an attack against Starkwood.

Another perfect episode. At the same level of greatness as the previous one!. Kiefer Sutherland is perfect like ever, and Jon Voight makes his best performance as Jonas Hodges so far. His scene in which kills Knowles is one of the best moments of the season. Also, Carlos Bernard as Tony is truly magnificent. His plot about the quest of the weapon is truly exciting and heart pounding. And the rest of the plots are very good and they are connected with main plot.

10/10.

Day 7: 12:00 AM - 1:00 AM Review

Author: Elizabeth from Chicago
7 April 2009

Argh, did you find yourself grinding your teeth and clasping your hands together in the hope of knocking out the bad guys...

That is 24 for you, and that is the way I felt at the end of this installment; delved into every detail, anticipating that the good nature of man would prevail and men like Hodges are put away!

***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

24 officially has the formula for a good adrenaline rush. It's hard to imagine the days Jack Bauer has had in his lifetime and this day seems to be sucking his life out of him... literally. I eagerly anticipated this installment after last week's hanger... military turning on the government (A President's nightmare), especially when the hand you fed for decades finally decides to bite your finger or the entire hand in the process.

So how were government officials going to defend themselves against an entire army; threatening to fire if they didn't leave their premises? They really had them cornered and defenseless. I applauded Jonas Hodges for his stage performance ranting on about the empty building, abusing his military power; it always takes the ravings of a madman to make you glare at the screen. Everything he 'claimed' made sense. 'The President ordered the search of the empty building for weapons that did not exist' (at least not in that building), as he rambled making a mockery of the federal officers, I only nodded and kept thinking he was right... the President did order the search of the building that Tony was falsely led to...it was amazing how tricky the English Language was if you just twist it a little you could make anything sound exactly the way you want.

What makes Hodges an appalling character is his ability to justify attacking his own government. As twisted as it sounds he comes off realistic that it makes you loath him much more.

What would Jack do if he was there, if he wasn't infected? I shed a saddened moment for Jack's agony, watching him suffer as we all knew his fate... I kept hoping for some enlightenment; maybe Hodges had the cure just maybe... Then there was mention of the experimental treatment and the ties to a family bloodline and I knew that Kim Bauer would gain some on screen time. I loved the way Renee held Jack in her highest concern, almost like she'd form some sort of connection even after the length Jack put her through the past few hours; in his weakened state I felt her compassion towards him.

Still the Biological Weapons maintains priority and the President had to make it her primary mission to prevent an attack. When Hodges felt cornered and revealed that he had the Biological Weapons threatening to release them if the President didn't comply to his demands... and the President complied I kept thinking 'What about the President doesn't respond to threats? What about all the people that died earlier on because she wouldn't respond to threats? I guess that only applied to terrorists, but aren't they committing terrorist actions, threatening the government? ... a dangerous game to play! Or maybe Hodges caught the President off guard, she would not have expected a threat close to home. Then again I was also upset that Hodges was able to use any form of threat at all!

I knew that reporter was trouble from the beginning, threatening Olivia. After the facade and shenanigans she put forward; pushing Ethan out of office, I thought she could handle 'anything'. I imagined she would've threatened to kill him (but that would be messy) or even used some sort of back-up plan in case he went rogue, but she kind of disappointed me. The leash she kept on the reporter wasn't tight enough; giving into his sexual come on. I nodded distastefully at his attempt. 'Sleep with me and I would keep my mouth shut'. I actually imagined Olivia would have better taste, or even use her trickery to get out of any situation... she must have known that he wouldn't keep his word, if she knew him at all, so why go all the way? Bonus

*How did Olivia hold her cell phone in place to tape every juicy detail? (Do I want to know?)

*That reporter being married came off as a shocker, I couldn't imagine anyone saying 'I do'.

*I knew Kim Bauer had to show her face this season, the question is how would they twist the story to bring her in... what better than saving your dad's live, he's dying.

*Really and truly, did Olivia have to sleep with that reporter, it really made her seem cheap and I really liked-disliking her, now I don't know how I view her anymore.

*Does Hodges really think the President would rollover, sit, play dead (well you know what I mean). Hasn't he seen how the past 24 episodes paid off. Playing God only gets you killed, it doesn't ever work out the way you want... then again there's a first time for everything... and that's what the other malignant groups believed.

My fists are clasped together and I am ready to watch the bad guys go down. At least that's the way I anticipate the next installment. Until then I imagine different ways of the twist in the storyline, but still come up empty. Leave it to 24 to surprise you a mile away.

_____________________________

Four out of Five Stars

Grade B-

_____________________________

Don't die Jack

Author: Scott Dalby from United Kingdom
15 April 2009

The 24 series never fails intrigue me. A show that can make politics interesting will always deserve a 10/10. I am a little nervous about Jack's health with him being infected with this virus. but am pretty sure i have read somewhere that Jack will be back for day 8. I do believe he will go out with a heroic bang at the end of day 8. How much can one man take dam it. I have also heard that the lovely Kim Bauer will be returning, possibly to help Jack get better with Stem-cell treatment. (He wont be happy.) Am loving that Tony is standing up to the plate and being a true sidekick (Tony Time.) However as most sidekicks do, they usually die tragically trying to fill the boots of the real hero. as always 24 remains the best series on TV.

Good follow up from the last one.

Author: Darwinskid from United States
6 April 2009

12:00 a.m.-1:00 a.m.

At Starkwood industries Moss argues with Hodges, Hodges lies that nothing is the matter and orders them to leave. They do so, however they haven't given up. At the CIA headquarters Jack, Renee and Janis help lead Tony and another agent sent by Jack to infiltrate Starkwood industries along with the the assistance of it's own director of it's board. While directing Jack falls under the virus and thanks to Renee is taken to the nearest medical officer, she gives Jack an antidote vaccine, but there is still a slight chance he can get still die from the virus. Presdient Taylor's daughter Olivia is threatened by her boss that if she doesn't give the repost to him and let him post it he'll also report that she had Ethan leave his position so she could take control over it. She agrees to get in bed with him, after wards he tells her he'll still post it in the news before anyone gets their ands on it, though he does promise to take her name off of it. Olivia is still not happy with the idea and threatens to tell his wife and others about their relationships, and his other relationships. Hodges kills the director of the board at Starkwood and has a chat with Presiden Taylor telling her to call off an impending air strike on Starkwood industries or he'll launch the biological missiles, he also requests that he and Taylor have a small chat. Talyor has the air strike aborted and agrees to discuss with Hodges.

Excellent performance by Jon Vogiht here, one of his best recently. Though the other cast members did splendid performances, Voight really knocked it.

Once again, the story structure worked perfectly and had flawless pacing as it went forward. Great suspense and character conflict ions.

Does this season fail to disappoint or what?