IMDb > "House M.D." Alone (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"House M.D." Alone (2007)

« Prev | 71 of 176 Episodes | Next »

House MD

Author: Alicia from Canada
26 September 2007

Wow! This was such a great episode! I was so excited to finally see House again after the summer. When Wilson kidnapped House's guitar, I couldn't stop laughing! My friends' and I laughed throughout the episode. House is such a funny show! I think House should not get a new team. He needs to hire his old one back. Cuddy was right, they were the perfect team! I think we should see Stacy come back and see more romance with House. House needs more people than a janitor to bounce ideas off of, so another team member couldn't hurt. In the preview, he's interviewing medical students, so I'm excited to see what happens next!

This is Fun!

Author: Smiglaty from Wroclaw, Poland
18 December 2009

I've really enjoyed this episode, especially the House – Wilson exchanges on kidnapping his "12.000$ flying V" guitar, well played. Oh, and the hilarious voices on the other end of the line when House calls one guy back for an interview, this one really cracks me up:) As for the medical stuff – clever indeed, incredible how many things can go wrong if you work under wrong assumptions, also this poor guy that appears to know nothing about his girlfriend, so hard to believe that…well just see for yourself. In addition it reveals one thing about House – he can't enjoy himself without an audience, the team I mean. Well worth watching and a good opener for what yet to come…

Interesting twist to a real story

Author: gsanvin from Indiana
13 July 2010

SPOILER ALERT!!!

I always find it interesting to see how TV shows will take a real life event and incorporate it into the show. Law and Order was one of the first that I recall to do this on a regular basis. CSI and it's spin offs have been very good at this as well.

This episode of House struck a cord with me as the twist was taken from an event that happened near my current home in Grant County, Indiana. In this episode a young woman was severely injured after a building collapse. In the end we find out that the woman they thought they were treating was actually a co-worker who had a similar age and build.

They story was clearly inspired by the tragic accident in Grant County, Indiana in 2006 in which 5 students from Taylor University were killed when a semi-truck crossed the median on the interstate and hit their van. There was one survivor who was horribly injured. More than a month following the accident it was discovered that she had been mistaken for another girl in the van who had died.

The rest of the episode was classic 'House' with Wilson and House battling in a test of wills. Wilson 'kidnapping' Houses' prize guitar and the inevitable counter blow by House. It was a great way to kick off Season 4 which is my favorite season of the series

good

Author: kaoskode@swbell.net from United States
16 July 2012

This episode reminds me of 1st season in style of writing one of my favorite's. House's world is tossed strait into chaos which seems to suites him well.he constantly battles everyone angered by the rest of his team, Dr's Foreman and Cameron. he then is pressured by Dr's Cuddy and Wilson to deal with the situation. he decides that he can work without a team and when pressure increases he takes a janitor and uses mechanical analogy's to bounce idea's off of him. then Dr Wilson does something to House and a battle of wills takes place that Dr Cuddy has to mediate and the details that lead to a very cool finale with the promise of much more drama in following episodes.

Funny

Author: xredgarnetx from Connecticut
26 September 2007

It's funny to see Morrison, Epps and what's-his-name, the Aussie, listed in the credits and walking along with House -- when they are nowhere to be found in the first episode of the fourth season, not even as flashbacks or ghosts, as they will be seen in the second episode of HOUSE's fourth year. Beyond that, ALONE at first appears to be a rehash of an old episode involving a wife who, unlike her husband, secretly doesn't want kids and makes herself very sick in the processof avoiding pregnancy. But appearances can be deceiving, and by the end of this episode, we are faced with a much darker truth. ALONE is downbeat from beginning to end, even with some silly plot elements such as Wilson "kidnaping" House's $12,0000 electric guitar and House "kidnaping" one of Wilson's patients in return. No team in this one, so it falls completely on House and Cuddy to carry the ball. In the next episode, House will start building a new team, thank God. And he will encounter "specters" of his original team. Kids, don't do drugs. After a very shaky third season, which I honestly thought might be its last, HOUSE desperately needs to get back in gear. We will see where subsequent fourth season episodes take us. Frankly, partly because of its bomberoonie third season, I am less interested in HOUSE this season than I am in the seventh and final season of SCRUBS, which itself limped along in its sixth season. But I will keep watching HOUSE to see if it can recover. MONK seems to be back on track after a couple of uneven seasons. If MONK can do it, why not HOUSE? And SCRUBS, for that matter? The rest of you can go watch that horrible soap, GREY'S ANATOMY.