IMDb > Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Page 15 of 34: [Prev][10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [Next]

Yet again the screen writers took far too many liberties.

Author: cmv32261 from United States
16 June 2012

It is bad enough when movies are rehashed, or even if it happens to be the 4Th, 5Th, 6Th, etc. installment, but when they mess with the original plot is truly disgraceful. Shameful that no movie based off comic book super heroes ever follows the plot. Total twisting of how pact with the devil transpired. Young Johnny Blaze was ignorant of what he was doing, thought it was a joke. Johnny punctured his finger on sharp edge of contract scroll, dripped blood onto scroll at which point devil said that will do just fine. Rider in original movie had pearl white bone (skull, and hand bones), bright orange flames enshrouded him, clothes were clean. Image of Rider in Spirit Of Vengeance looked like he was covered in grease, ash and soot. Other than converting back to his human form and losing his Ghost Rider powers in sun light in Ghost Rider the Rider had no weakness in Spirit Of Vengeance major whuss. In Ghost Rider he easily held his own against Blackheart and the Fallen. Blackheart was created in hell and the Rider still easily beat him. What was with his Pennance Stare it was far more impressive in Ghost Rider. He was getting his butt kicked by the transformed Carrigan, I think Carrigan finally fell to the stare, which by the way metal and glass are not subject to decomposition, corrosion, rust, being melted into slag, but not rotting, yet another error on the part of the screen writers. In Ghost Rider Johnny had to voluntarily give up the hellfire he was possessed with, and no 1 could control him but in Spirit Of Vengeance Danny was was able to keep the Rider from using his powers.

For those people that wonder why I am not a Cage fan, watch this movie. He is so bad. I say C

Author: Tony Heck (cosmo_tiger@hotmail.com) from United States
9 June 2012

"This thing, there's no conscience, just hunger. The Rider's gonna come out. And when he does, he'll destroy whoever's got it coming." Johnny Blaze (Cage) has been living in Europe alone trying to control his demon. When a strange church member (Elba) asks him for help Blaze isn't so sure he wants the job. After being told he can destroy the Ghost Rider inside him he decides to help find the boy. But as always things aren't so easy. Once again as many of you know I am not a Cage fan at all. I thought the first "Ghost Rider" was awful and one of the only reasons I thought this one might be OK is because the directors of the "Crank" movies directed this one. It was easy to tell that they did, they have a specific style that I enjoy. As for the rest of the movie I thought it was laughably bad. The effects were OK but Cage is so over-the-top in this that it almost feels like he's mocking himself. I know movies like this aren't watched for the acting, but when it's this bad it's too distracting to not notice. All that said it you liked the first one then you will probably also like this one. I didn't like either but that's because I don't like Cage. This movie is just a little above "Drive Angry" in quality. Overall, if you want to know why I think Cage is one of the worst actors working then watch this movie. I give it a C.

A complete Nonsense.

Author: manendra-lodhi (manendra.lodhi@gmail.com) from India
3 June 2012

The starts with a very shitty narration that I had heard in my whole life. I already knew that the film is bad but since I had seen the first part and also because I believe sometimes we should bring us down by watching bad stuff. To begin about the film I say that everything in the film is bad. I am not an expert in films but even then I could notice the poor CGI. Next I would want to ask the directors –"Who was the villain?". Our Hero is laughable. He was portrayed in the first part better (Atleast I think so.). The most irrational part came when he laughed. I mean should we or any other fear him or not? He is in fist fight with human beings(How ridiculous.). The female role was also worthless and seemed to be of no importance. I wonder what has happened to Nicolas cage. Now coming to the story, it was the worst story I had seen in the recent times. I could keep on going writing about this film(But usually I don't have points to tell about films.). Better I should stop telling the verdict.

"A definite NO to anyone unless you are a fool like me to watch it just because of the first part."

Ghost Rider,: questionable comic, questionable movie.

Author: lotharofthehillpeople420 from Iowa
19 May 2012

Ghost Rider is a lot of things. My friend loves the comics, but I never got into them. I like your more basic comics like Groo or Spider-Man. This story would seem to be right up my ally as I like spiritual stories, but I know enough about the Marvel universe to know that Mephisto is not the Christian Devil, and this is why I cannot find any comfort in this story.

My main gripe is Marvel's version of the Devil. With the Living Tribune, what is the concern for all those souls, other than to sell comics to those who confide in this story type. Marvel might as well tried to script their own version of the Illuminati, which Cage was involved in, coincidentally.

In the case of this film, I liked my friend's stories more. The image of a man on fire, able to wrangle in demons with a chain lit on fire, seemed better in mind than in my eyes. Quite honestly, the CGI was so transparent that it edged on "Uck" status. Not sure how a camp used a technology that would not stand up against a few years time.

The story was thin, which was comparable to Constantine. All in all, thanks, but I'll pass.

Great special effects can't overcome the garbage!

Author: gdmorgan44
18 May 2012

I am a Ghost Rider fan. I had such great hopes for this movie. Marvel has been on a role lately beginning with Ironman and continuing through The Avengers (in my opinion, the greatest superhero movie ever). Having said that, I was greatly disappointed with Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Instead of a movie on par with Ironman, Thor, or even the Incredible Hulk we were left with something more akin to Ang Lee's Hulk. What a nightmare that was! This movie had it all. Over acting, a bad script, and a director that decided the art house route was the best way to go. In many ways this film completely ignored the ground work laid in the first movie. Nicholas Cage didn't portray the Rider as tortured. He played him as insane. I found myself not caring about any of the characters in this movie. The only saving grace was the special effects. But one right doesn't fix multiple wrongs.

Don't waste your time or your money on this dud. Here's hoping that the powers that be at Marvel and Disney put Ghost Rider in more capable hands.

I don't get it

Author: SkyBlueBiff from Leicestershire, England
11 May 2012

I was generally disappointed with this film, the connection to the first one is virtually non existent, containing a different back story to the first film???? I was hoping for a similar style of plot with a better bad guy, the bad guy in this was just rubbish, bad character, bad acting, bad dialog, a theme for the film in my opinion. I like Nic Cage and most of his movies but found his acting a bit shady as was the storyline. The end of the first film left a wide opening for a sequel which looked promising as did the trailer for this one but on the whole its a let down. I won't spoil the film if you want to watch it but I will say that the first film is better, the bike is better, the rider is better and the storyline is better. My advice would be to watch ghost rider the directors cut instead.

Only For action and special effects lovers.

Author: Satyamaditya Yadav from Mumbai, India
23 April 2012

Ghost Rider : Spirit of Vengeance is just an action thriller movie specially made for action loving audience not for all types of audience. Whereas Ghost Rider is a superb movie and loved by all types of audience.

This movie have a simple story and did not connected to previous Ghost Rider. A lady Nadya tries to save her son Danny from a devil named Roarke with the help of Moreau. As Danny is son of Roarke and also posses power of his father, his father wants to take Danny's body on Danny's birthday because he is getting old and weak so he wants a new body to live on earth.

Moreau wants to help Nadya and her son and wants to hand over Danny to monks, but he fails so he finds out the Johnny Blaze a Ghost Rider and makes a deal that if Johnny protects the son he will free his spirits from the Ghost Rider's curse. Later Johnny again gets the curse from the son Danny and movie gets the high quality Visual effects actions scene and ends.

About acting, all of the characters of this movie had done worst acting ever, nobody likes their acting. As movie goes on you will think that this is the murder of Ghost Rider comic character. Only special effects can not bring life to a movie. Who likes to see action movie without any proper story and proper editing, acting and just wants to see actions, this movie will be good for them.

Editing of the movie is not good, even story-play is bad. Cinematography and photography of the movie is very good because it have lots of special effects. Background music is also good.

Overall it's a normal movie and only for one time watch, sure action lovers can watch it twice thrice and many times. If you are Ghost Rider fan and loves this kind of movie so watch it at least one time, otherwise don't waste your time.

3 for movie + 1 for special effects = 4 out of 10

Ghost Rider: Entertainment Torrefaction

Author: Jin Maruhashi
9 March 2012

After blazing through a fusillade of comparatively igneous stunts in "Ghost Rider", the flaming motorcyclist grovels back in "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" with an extinguished storyline and spiritless confrontations that defuse the spark of interest ignited by the first installment. The clashes witnessed in this continuation culminate in lifeless chain lashes that obliterate enemies into bright ashes within a few seconds after they have been spawned on screen. The final showdown displays a more creative approach to the vapid fighting sequences initiated erstwhile but unfortunately fulminates into an all too ephemeral explosion given away prematurely in one of the trailers. Additionally, the comical flare that attempts to shine brighter than the dim glint of action sequences is quickly burnt out with Nicolas Cage's rather acerbically torched jokes. Overall, "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance" torrefies the quality potential it lit previously with tediously charred CG craftsmanship, action scenes and humor.

review of ghost funny rider

Author: kumar-sourabh from India
8 March 2012

1.Expected to be a mind blowing movie. 2.Expectations ruined to hell 3.Actors :why didn't you read the script before agreement ? 4. Start of the movies is very interesting. 5 Middle Drags to unrealistic happenings. 6. I don't know How the power of the villain executed unrealistically when he touched the ghost rider and nothing happened to him. 7. How the Villain managed to stand on car and fight and why his power didn't show its magic. 8 funny element is how he threw the boy out of car by holding him in his hands and the boy was safe and nothing happened to him Why power of villain did not acted on the boy. 9. Nicholas cage acted well but again screen play sucked. 10. Funny end . 11. disappointed

Loved the first Ghost Rider, this one was TERRIBLE

Author: (theskeletonking) from I was disappointed in this movie its very bad acts
25 July 2015

I was real excited about a sequel to Ghost Rider. I liked the first one. I was very disappointed. Everything is horrible about this movie. The plot, the writing, the acting, and especially the special effects. In the first move, the flaming skull was sharp, the bike was great, the riders expressions were great. In this movie, the flaming bike looked broken down, the skull wasn't sharp, and the jacket charred. The chain never lit up on fire either. And the penance stare was different. He didn't say look into my eyes or anything. Not to mention again that the writing and the plot were garbage. Don't waste your money on this one. 3d can't help this stink pot. Wait for cable. We will see about the next one If there is.