IMDb > Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Page 12 of 33: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [Next]

Worse than the last one, but I get the story.

Author: justincaunan from Philippines
6 October 2012

When I talk to my friends about Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, almost all of them said it was terrible. Now, I decide to watch it at home and my friends are right. But I like the plot except the changed plot when and before Johnny Blaze become the Ghost Rider.

I also like when he turns every vehicle he touches and uses turns into fire. I dislike most when the Ghost Rider dodges bullets by spinning in mid-air about 30 seconds and suddenly stops and attacks an enemy. I want to say "what the heck, but I just watch it quietly.

I will say the worst sequel of the year!!! But I will stay on a mixed review.

nothing from part 1

Author: trashgang from Midian
1 October 2012

Part 1 did had nice CGI effects but the story wasn't what many expected from it. There wasn't that much of fights going on and the love story was a big part of the script. Guess they listened to that for making Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance.

They listened, that's sure but what a mess they made of it. The way it was filmed was completely different. And especially the face of the Ghost Rider. Here we do see him change in all kind of forms before the skull appears but it doesn't add anything towards the myth. Even his bike and the chains were different.

The story itself had nothing to do with Ghost Rider and didn't pick up the end of the original flick, no one returns even Ghost Rider's love life is gone. The CGI used was okay but the whole thing just didn't work.

What I did like was the fact that no shots were made to add towards the 3D by which I mean, if you watch it in 2D you don't see any shots that you might think yep, this is a 3D shot. It worked in 3D but I have seen the Blu Ray and the sound wasn't very clear in the high frequencies.

A bit of a miss here, could have been much better if they staid towards the overall look made in part 1. Cage is Cage and again, you love or hate him with his typical voice seen in all his movies.

Curious if they will make a part 3...

Gore 0/5 Nudity 0/5 Effects 5/5 Story 2/5 Comedy 0/5

Spirit of Blandness

Author: jerekra from United States
25 August 2012

Going into seeing Ghost Rider I did not have much expectations for this film. I thought the first Ghost Rider film was OK, not great nor bad either. So at the very least I felt that this film would possibly be like the first Ghost Rider film in that regard. I was actually quite wrong.

If fact, I came out of this film feeling that this film made the first Ghost Rider film look like a good movie.

Spirit of Vengeance is very confusing. That was the main issue for me. I had very little idea just what was going on and was lost pretty quickly. The story was old and boring and did not do anything to make me feel like caring about the film or any of the characters in it.

Nicolas Cage is annoying as Johny Blaze again, I think probably not as annoying as in the first film but pretty close. Its hard for me to get into a film with a protagonist who is not someone that I can cheer for.

I did like the look for Ghost Rider tho. He looked pretty cool. A few of the action scenes are OK too. But I don't think that it did nearly enough to make this movie one that I can recommend seeing. So I do not recommend this film.

Author: flavius187 from Valjevo Serbia
24 July 2012

How can they even call this movie a Ghost Rider. Its a disgrace for that name. I mean idea itself is not so bad as the most of the actors in this so called movie. And I wonder why they did not kept old classy Devil. Peter Fonda was way better then this guy , combat scenes are really stupid Johny Blaze should fight with his fists not with constriction machines. And the last but not the least in fact de facto most lamest thing of them all Ghost Rider is not riding Chopper where is goddamn chopper here HOW THE HELL IS DAMN GHOST RIDER NOT RIDING CHOPPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? I gave this movie 6 because of two things. First of them is that movie is hilarious it makes me laf and because of Irdis Elba , Morau the Franch he was the only man in entire cast who did his job good!!!

this is so disappointing

Author: epicmanz from Canada
21 July 2012

------MIGHT BE SPOILER FOR SOME PEOPLE.....MIGHT BE ----------- In my opinion i loved the first one i would dream of that crazy stuff and really did got attached.and then when i heard the second one was coming out i was freaking i stated watching it halfway true to the movie i felt like i was going to die from disappointment.

i love how in the first one the skull is really simple and cool but in the second one there was too much detail and it looked like crap, also the chain would light up on fire but in the second one that didn't happen ones and the penance stare was different to.

even tho the movie was well edited the plot was the biggest disgrace i have ever seen.the ghost rider can be one of the best movies ever created in marvels history but the writers decided to take dump on the scripts.i hate how the rider goes crazy and looks like he is mentally retarded.i thought that he finally got control over him but he didn't.

i am extremely heart broken by this catastrophe and i never want to experience anything like ever again.

i hope there will be a 3rd which is acculy well done .

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance (2011)

Author: SnakesOnAnAfricanPlain from United Kingdom
17 July 2012

Nicolas Cage must have some big balls to return to this franchise. After the appalling reaction to the first film this series should have died immediately. Well Cage is back and he promised us a little something extra. What we got was a lot worse. We have a plot of no real significance, where the devil is trying to kidnap a boy so he can take his body. Ghost Rider tries to stop it. This films biggest crime is being insanely boring. Cage showed us how to have stupid violent fun with Drive Angry, so why can't he do this correctly? It's set in 'Eastern Europe', a place with no discernible landmarks or colour. It's like the old quarry sets from Doctor Who. Everything is just dusty and gray. Nothing else happens. We have a 1st, 2nd and 3rd act fight scene, which are all the same. The actors are barely that, with only Elba giving it a shot. Cage just comes off as confused. It's like he saw that 'Nic Cage Loses His Sh*t' internet video and wanted to create more material for it. I think they tried to develop a caring relationship between him and a child, but what the hell is this? ET? The direction is also poor. Neveldine and Taylor may be able to create weird and exciting visuals for things like Crank, but this needs some focus. A few monologues suggest that it wants to be a comedy but the jokes fall flat. I've already forgotten this film and I finished watching it 10 minutes ago.

We want cage of matchstick men,adaptation bring out of death leaving lass Vegas

Author: omar wasief from Egypt
15 July 2012

"I'm the guy who made the deal with the devil," Nicolas Cage's character tells us at the start of "Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance," and it's awfully easy to hear a true-life confession in those words.

Whether Cage is still paying off castles, appeasing the IRS, or rebuilding his comic book collection, it's clear he's decided, for now, to trade his talent for cold, hard cash.

Fortunately, Cage's B-movies tend to be truly ridiculous-and a ridiculous movie is always more fun than a blandly mediocre one. He knows this, too, and deserves actual credit for committing to so much inanity. With his over-the-top delivery and operatically intense facial expressions, there's no way anyone could accuse him of phoning this one in.

It's also a relief that directors Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor omit the aggressively nasty edge they bring to the sadistic "Crank" movies. Still, there's so little substance here that the movie barely stands on its own, let alone as a sequel.

Once again, Cage is Johnny Blaze, a tormented soul living a dual existence: inside Johnny is the Ghost Rider, a fiery demon compelled to destroy any evil he can find. His mission this time is to save 13-year-old Danny (Fergus Riordan), who turns out to be the son of Roarke (Ciarán Hinds), the Devil himself.

The saintly Moreau (Idris Elba) points Johnny towards Danny and his mom (Violante Placido), just as they're on the run from Roarke. Though Johnny arrives in time to rescue them from Roarke's sleazy henchman (Johnny Whitworth), Satan always has some surprises in store. If only the screenwriters could say the same.

The original "Ghost Rider" failed to impress many fans of the comic books on which it was based, and this one feels like a 10th-generation Xerox. Even the effects are likely to leave you cold: turns out, a flaming skull is only scary the first time around. But the filmmakers are wise to rely heavily on humor, and Cage is as droll as ever. There's no movie without him, which is both a compliment and a fan's lament: it seems like his own deal with the devil has already lasted an eternity.

A very disappointing movie

Author: abudavari-417-431831 from United States
8 July 2012

This was the absolute worst movie ever! You would think that the creators of this movie would have at least followed the first one. It is supposed to mimic the Marvel comics, but the graphics were horrible. The Ghost Rider looked old, tired and used. What happened to the cool chopper he rode in the first movie? The ugly heap of junk in this movie should have been at the dump not on scene. What was with the stare with the open mouth? I kept waiting for something to happen but nothing ever did. There was absolutely no storyline until about the last ten minutes or so. I am disappointed that Nicholas Cage would even consider this storyline. The acting the was the worst I've seen in a long time, which is a shame because I love Nicholas Cage. The psycho facial expressions made by Nicholas Cage were so lame and fake. No acting involved in this one. Please, please spare us number three. I don't think we can handle another dive of a movie.

Sooooooooooo Bad!

Author: Z-Rider from Ireland
8 July 2012

I'm not going to waste my time searching for positives on this one. There simply aren't any. The first 'Ghost Rider' was so awful I at least thought that 'Spirit of Vengeance' had to be an improvement but I was so wrong! I almost felt embarrassed for Cage as he 'Attempted' to act his way through this rubbish. The characters were not introduced at all and I found it difficult to figure out the plot which quickly went nowhere.

Firstly the special fx were dreadful and seemed very low budget. There were times during the movie where 'Blaze's' facial expressions left me cringing. Also, I recall from the first 'Ghost Rider' the moment when Blaze sold his soul to the Devil while in his shed working on his bike.....well for some reason this looked different when Blaze is recalling this in the 'Spirit of Vengeance'.

If you have nothing better to do well then watch this but if you were disappointing with the first installment I think you will throw this one in the bin.

Don't waste your time

Author: lanakorten from Tennesse, USA
6 July 2012

I liked the first Ghost Rider. But this sequel, if that's what this movie is, is just awful. The writing is awful, the special effect are poorly done and the acting is sub par. The camera shots are so choppy that at times it almost gives one a headache. The ghost rider no longer looks into people's eyes, instead he just runs around killing people. The skull and hands no longer have a good fire effect. Instead it looks like they added it behind the skull as an afterthought. The chain is no longer a fiery whip. This movie is so bad that I'd really like to give it a negative rating. I saw this movie for free. Even so, I'm just mad that I wasted two hours of my life watching this garbage. Don't waste your time. If you like the first Ghost Rider stay away from this one.