Overall Pretty Good

Author: starrkidd05 from United States
22 September 2012

Just saw a screening of this at the Calgary International Film Festival and was fairly impressed. The animation and 3D effects were great. Soundtrack was very well put together. That being said the story felt a bit too rushed and disjointed. The plot was good, but the way it was put together could have been better I feel.

If you're into video game like movies and don't mind getting a little dizzy from the video game angles, then this is the movie for you. In fairness, the director was there for the Q&A and stated the film was not intended to be viewed on an IMAX screen and that could be one reason why it was so dizzying. There was also a weird pause in the movie (guess the director hadn't noticed it before - he seemed a bit embarrassed over it), but in later showings you probably won't notice this.

Honestly, I enjoyed it, but felt it could have been a bit better.

The amazing waste of the viewer's time...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
26 January 2014

Being a zombie aficionado, I pretty much devour, pardon the pun, every single piece of zombie material that I come across. And every once in a while there is something that is just such a swing and a miss that it makes you cringe.

"The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse" is one of those moments.

The story is utterly rubbish, and lacking a greater sense of purpose and coherency. It is just a random series of events put together into some kind of atrocity that is supposed to be a storyline. It just didn't work out.

And the animation itself didn't really help the movie along either. Why? Well, it was just too wooden and rigid, lacking proper movements and even failing to make the audience buy into it. It was sort of like a first draft at the animation to be presented, given a texture coating and then shipped off from the animator's desk. It was just not nice to look at.

The zombie was the sole thing in the entire animated movie that was worth looking at, but even that was nowhere near enough to make it worth suffering through. I gave up on this movie about 50 minutes into the confusion and mess.

Even the dialogue didn't pass off as being believable. It was forced, delivered without conviction and it was just downright embarrassing.

If you enjoy the zombie genre, then stay well clear of "The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse".

Not really for children or adults, a cool concept with some poor execution

Author: ARFtheman from United Kingdom
3 June 2013

I apologise in advance for being a right grumpy and negative bugger.

I realise that going into a movie called; 'The Amazing Adventures of the Living Corpse' you shouldn't be expecting a cinematic masterpiece that changes the norm of cinema by its shear beauty and elegance. That being said however, you do expect a movie with a zombie doing some awesome stuff and possibly some over the top gore splashed in with a bit of dark comedy/tragic character development or angst. I had seen no teasers and I haven't studied the source material so I was going in blind and without reference.

My expectations for the film dropped rather dramatically after seeing the character models as it didn't look dissimilar to the animated star wars movie (the name has been pushed out of memory to make room for other, better things) and I immediately thought; Kids film. That ain't a good thing for the subject material. The animation does not work on human faces but it doesn't look terrible with non humans and I assume it is meant to achieve a stylised look like the comic book it was based upon. You become more used to it as the film goes on but for me it seemed amateurish, some of the cinematography was great though, I was pleasantly surprised with some of the camera angles that they pulled out, good job on that one guys.

The voice acting was mixed and dialogue varied from pretty damn decent to downright puerile. The son, Taylor was particularly bad, especially in the opening scenes where he delivers his lines like....well cardboard isn't completely rigid. Let's just say that people would not sound robotic in that situation, there would definitely be some emotion in his voice and yet it was missing. A couple of characters where quite annoying, they were the comic relief but the humour isn't very mature or funny by my standards really.

What gore there is in this film is sparse and rare. Most of the time, something gets punched and falls down and dies without much blood or fuss. The combat scenes can become quite stylised at points and can be enjoyable for the most part but they weren't anything that I could sink my teeth into or will particularly stand out in memory.

I suppose the reason I disliked the film is that I liked the concept and there were some nifty ideas floating about; 'Zombie superhero who wanders in and out of the underworld to fight monsters and find his son' sounds like good material for ultra violent schlock or a dark and brooding hero/anti-hero story. Unfortunately this is a film that has an 'R'rating in America but I don't have a bloody clue why. The comedy seems to be rather childish (but like most things, everyone has different tastes so who am I to judge?) but the subject matter and the brief spats of gore make it unsuitable for children. I'm not saying there had to be blood, guts, f-bombs and nudity but the tone and humour is just weird considering the subject matter.

The film has its moments and isn't terrible mind you (even though I like to complain) and will find itself fans but I have to say I found this to be just below average. I'm now trying to find the comic because I think that the transition to film may have been a difficult one and the comic may hold up better.

Fun Zombie Film

Author: emarie1022 from United States
1 July 2013

I really enjoyed this animated zombie movie. It's not a big budget Disney Film, but could definitely become a cult classic. There's a cool back story and it's based on an underground comic book character of the same name. The comic book creators are really talented and I recommend checking out their artwork on Facebook. I recommend this film for teens and above. The graphics are interesting and fun with a great attention to detail for a lower budget film. I also found out the film premiered at San Diego's Comic Con last year with a lot of positive response. I really support independent film makers that pursue their dreams, I find this film an inspiration !

the living corpse

Author: deliciousd012588
22 June 2013

The amazing adventures of the living corpse may not be for everybody but man is it a fun movie. The movie does stay true to the comic but they switch some things up so people not familiar with the comic can understand who the living corpse is and learn about what he had to go through to become the awesome gatekeeper of our world. If you like zombie movies you will enjoy this it's just a different take on zombies. Also this movie doors have a big video game feel about it but that does not make it a bad thing.So if you are a zombie fan like I am just give the movie a try and if you like it and even don't try out the comic cause they are both A lot of fun.

A very cool zombie movie!!

Author: Charduroure from United States
3 July 2013

I was told by a friend of mine to check out an awesome 3D Zombie movie, because she knew I loved watching great low- budget films and also that my fiancée is a HUGE zombie fan!! So, of course we had to check it out. I rented the movie at a Red Box which was pretty nice. "The Amazing Adventures Of The Living Corpse", it was pretty interesting, had a great storyline, and it had really cool 3D graphic effects for a low budget film! However, I don't recommend it for kids under 10.. It was pretty graphic and a little bit too much for young kids. But over all it was a great low-budget zombie film . I totally recommend it, if your a die heart zombie fan :)

Love this movie!

Author: nahrain_dawod from United States
1 July 2013

I loved this movie! This was a cool zombie movie a great story line between a father and a son. The special effects were cool considering this was a low budget movie. I definitely recommend this movie. I found this movie on Red Box, I found it by accident, my friend wanted to see it. One Friday night we rented it and watched it twice. Afterwards I looked it up and found it online and bought it. My friends like and found it to be very interesting. My friend's kids enjoyed it very much. I'm actually buying 4 copies for my friend's birthday parties. I'm totally in to Zombie movies. Thanks to Red Box! Check it out it's so interesting!!

One of the best (and fun!) movies I've seen in a long time!

Author: Bob Garr from United States
10 June 2013

If you're a fan of movies that contain non-stop action, great animation and fun-filled plots, then this is the movie for you! Based on the excellent comic book called The Living Corpse, the movie centers around our hero (?), John Romero. Without revealing too much of the story, John becomes a zombie, but in a VERY unique twist on the zombie mythos, he is a zombie with a conscience! That's right, a zombie who is on OUR side, defending humans from those creatures that go bump in the night! In the movie, Romero searches for the last surviving member of his family, his son Taylor, who survived a vicious attack by an army of zombies many years ago. When John finally finds him, let's just say it's not the most heartwarming reunion! Filmed in stunning RealD3D, the movie took three years to be completed, and it shows. Gorgeous colors, smooth paced animation and a great soundtrack all help to make this the perfect movie for the horror fan. Writers Ken Haeser and Buz Hasson breathe new life into the world of zombies with an original plot that blows away the stereotypical zombie genre. If you're looking for a story that's original and fresh, then this is the movie for you.

Kickin' Ass and Eatin' Brains

Author: comics37 from United States
22 June 2013

Great animated film. The look and sound were a good match to the content of the movie. it's rated R but there is little gore in the film. Really should have been PG 13. I was comfortable with my kids watching it(4-7) as any language in the film was very mild and the violence was more of a video game quality.Even then there are games that are more violent than this. Unless you are a bad parent or have kids that are not too bright they know it's all just fun and make believe. Highly recommend this movie and if you are interested in more continuing adventures from The Living Corpse check out the graphic novels from Dynamite Entertainment. Words/art by Ken Haeser and Buz Hasson. The movie serves as a prequel to the book. This concept of a "zombie with a conscience" might seem familiar but THIS IS THE ORIGINAL. A graphic novel started in 06 just now getting the film treatment. They did it first and did it best. Really don't want to give away anything about it. Just know that it's a kick ass movie.