Satellites & Meteorites (2008) Poster

1 ReviewOrdered By: Helpfulness
Okay as far as it goes
mark-818-75855513 April 2012
The film is set in an Irish hospital and centres around two patients, each in coma. Daniel is there as a result of a car accident and Lucinda due to a fire (I think - I actually missed the excuse, although she has bandages on and mentions that she has major burns all over her body at one point in the film). They don't know each other in real life, but they meet each other in their dreams and start a love affair.

This is all very sweet and nice...and if you switch off your brain and sit down to watch this film, it is an enjoyable waste of an hour and a half (or thereabouts).

I won't spoil the ending for anyone, but they do try to wake one of the two up and this is reflected in their dreams.

As I said, it is a nice little film to watch, not too taxing on the brain. However, the overall premise is a little silly. Taking out the fact that the love affair is conducted in their dreams and there is obviously therefore a supernatural element to this. The hospital seems deserted, with only two patients and about four members of staff. When the two coma patients 'wake up', walk around the hospital and talk to the doctor and nurse...without being recorded on the CCTV...neither the doctor or nurse worry about their own sanity! The doctor is also going through a marriage breakup, but that doesn't seem overly connected to the main film plot, it seems a little thrown in to 'the mix' to me.

I got the feeling that the filming and direction of the actors wasn't the best and the overall effect was that of a made for TV production. I suppose that this sort of helps the ending, but I must admit that I felt the ending was rather rushed, a bit cheaply done and didn't glue together with the first half of the film.

I wouldn't want to put anyone off watching this film though...as it isn't the worst...unfortunately I have seen much, much worse examples of this genre. Overall, watchable.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this