IMDb > "Shark" Partners in Crime (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Shark" Partners in Crime (2008)

« Prev | 34 of 38 Episodes | Next »

Excellent all around

Author: caa821 from Tulsa OK
27 January 2008

With all the mediocre programs on television -- and probably as many which should never have been produced in the first place -- all of us should probably look more closely to where the occasional superior presentations are to be found.

I've always like James Woods' work, whether on the large screen or small. He is not only a superior actor, but possesses a realistic demeanor in his performances, and a believable "hard edge," whether playing a good guy or bad.

I don't know why I never saw one moment of the series until this episode this evening. The air times occur when I am usually otherwise occupied, and I don't Tivo a lot -- but this program is one I will, from now on.

This story was gripping, and all of the performances were believable. Of course, all dramas which in any way present legal matters, court rooms, etc., have to take some liberties in expediting and making watchable proceedings which in real life trial shows proceed at a snail's pace with more boring exchanges than those of interest. (Has anyone else noticed how positively dull and inarticulate so many of the real attorneys and judges are on real "legal" programs?)

Here, the Woods character, Stark is the target of a hit, which takes the life of his former partner and friend, by mistake, as they exit a restaurant.

It stems from activities many years prior, when he was a top criminal defense attorney, before becoming a D.A. The unfolding of the story and its resolution were interesting, fast-paced, and gripping, for the entire hour.

Performances by leads, support cast, and minor characters/extras, were all presented without fault.

Shark - the series

Author: jwhartz-1 from United States
24 April 2008

One of the finest ensemble series on TV today. James Woods re-creates his wise-cracking lawyer character so richly developed from the film True Believer. No matter what James Woods tackles in a character, he never ceases to be amazing.

The father-daughter relationship in the Shark series is refreshing and honest. The supporting cast provides enough play off to make each episode believable and and just.

The story lines are tight and work well within the confines of an hours episode.

Whatever James Woods tackles I will make certain I am in the audience.

j hartz