IMDb > I Am Bob (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

I Am Bob More at IMDbPro »

Terrific bit of fun

Author: queen_of_anarchy from 'Nulla Beach Sydney Australia
20 January 2008

This is a wonderful, self-deprecating performance by Geldof sending up his own poverty fighter "sainthood" and hero status! It runs for less than 20 minutes but I rolled about in laughter the whole time - especially when he starts to seriously compete against "himself" in a look-a-like (sound-a-like) competition singing "I Don't Like Mondays" (about the only song The Boomtown Rats are really remembered for). The local rag said of it: (paraphrased) "Geldof can't act his way out of a wet paper bag but tremendous fun anyway". I agree with the second part of this critique but I thought Sir Bob was fabulous in character as himself and really ran with it. Great fun all round - catch it if you can. 9/10

The funniest, cleverest thing I have seen in a Looooonnnng time!

Author: TJ Wilde from Australia
21 January 2008

Wow, I have never contributed to this site before, but having just watched this short movie, I felt compelled to join and write this! The story is a very clever (but simple) concept, and extremely well carried off. The writing, direction and acting are all wonderful (especially for what I assume is a low-budget independent production).

I was no huge fan of Mr.Geldof (sorry, SIR BOB) before this, but anyone who is willing to parody themselves on the big screen as he does in this film gets my vote.

In the wrong hands, this film concept could've ended up just another inane, predictable and dull production (a-la "Little Britain"). However the script writer/s and cast & crew have really created a delightful gem here. More laughs here in 19 minutes than a 2 hour $40 million Hollywood formulaic "comedy" ....AND as a bonus, for some reason this quirky 19 mins leaves you feeling really good ....good enough for me to write to this site for the first time!

I note some people have rated it very poorly.....Geez, Chill out! Get off your high horses (or out of the mire).

I'm always in search of a good laugh, so I'm now going to research the makers of this film, and look out for any other offerings from them. (Hmmmm... I wonder how long until some chump from the afore-mentioned glitzy suburb of Los-Angeles sees this film and decides he can plagiarise it and turn it into a 2 hour snooze-fest).