- the Microcons Ravage expels from his body make a quivering zinging sound, the amplified sound of a couple of magnets tossed in the air and clacking together
- the Insecticon Sam holds in his hand makes a chirping noise, made from the vibrating hum of Aadahl's own shaver
- the creaking of Jetfire's joints were formed from opening a stove door
- and the stomping noises Devastator makes was created from slamming a dryer door.
- An ancient robot is the primary antagonist
- Megatron is rejuvenated
- Optimus Prime is killed (but appears near the end of the film)
- Both Wheelie and Arcee are introduced
- An elderly robot (Kup, Jetfire) plays a supporting part
- Devastator plays a pivotal part during a battle
- A giant robot unleashes its vortex weapon
- A group of small robots survive a giant robot's attack (Dinobots vs Unicron, Twins vs Devastator)
- And a prophecy and the Matrix of Leadership serve as key factors.