IMDb > Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild! (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild!

A waste of film...and your time.

Author: jamesmccormack from United States
16 August 2009

Gee, I need to write at least ten lines but can sum it up nicely: THIS MOVIE IS A PIECE JUNK AND NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. What were they producers thinking when they green lighted this mess. It is one of those films that make you feel embarrassed for the cast and want to kill the writers. No redeeming values. No comic value. Lousy acting. I could go on and on. Such is the sorry state of gay cinema. Let's see, the plot device behind this film is a content to determine who can screw and get screwed the most during spring break. As impossible as it many seem, this film makes "Justin Loves Kelly" seem like a work of art. No need to view this film. You have been things to do with your life.

Finally a movie that makes a gay go straight

Author: thesar-2 from United States
21 January 2009

'Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild' is quite possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Ever. Ever. Ever. And here are words I never thought I would type: If this is the true gay lifestyle and if this is the only exposure someone has to the "gays," I'm going to have to agree with the late Jerry Farewell and condemn the lifestyle. This movie was so unfunny, so unpleasant, it was utterly painful to watch and yes, I had to continue to watch just to see each scene that got more disturbing than the last. I can't even give the cast/crew credit for trying, which I normally do; that's like rooting for the terrorists, for, at least they're attempting to make their voices heard. I've despised movies in the past, but rarely will one both make me cringe as well as almost vomit on how bad it is (Side note: don't eat while watching, as I did – seriously and no joke, I almost vomited.) Shameless product (websites) placements, God-awful attempts at spoofs, jokes – OK more accurately, just flat statements (there are no words to describe) – that are seen thousands frames in advance and loss of respect for the once great RuPaul, for he was in the movie long enough to know how incredibly bad of a decision to support these idiots. Perez Hilton runs around mocking religious anti-gays. Fine, we get it and yes, there's other ways to spread tolerance, or even ridiculing those you don't agree with. The only close-to-funny gag (yes singular) was them making fun of the original cast for failing to return due to "not being labeled as gay for doing two gay-themed movies." More likely, they simply read the script and knew they were above this (ah-hem) bottom-dwelling nightmare.

sad distant echo of the original Another Gay Movie

Author: John Frame (johnvframe@yahoo.com) from Brisbane, Australia
25 December 2008

Tonight I sat down to watch the newly arrived "Another Gay Sequel" DVD, expecting it to at least live up to the standard of "Another Gay Movie" (which I had thoroughly enjoyed and can happily recommend). I found myself reaching for the remote to fast forward through too many scenes. The Sequel is really REALLY flaky, extra fluffy and totally pointless. There's nothing at all to be gained by watching it - certainly not any sense of entertainment. I won't even consider watching, let alone buying, a further sequel. Perez Hilton is probably the most annoying aspect of this film, but Ru Paul is hot on his heels for that honour. The basic fault lies in having such an inane script. The bevy of nice looking actors, no matter how naked, had no hope of saving this film.

Disappointment... putting it nicely

Author: camyado from United States
28 December 2008

I did love the first movie. It ran with the idea of making a gay version of American Pie and ran with it. The character's became realistic and though it lost me at times it's charm held me till the end.

The second however, was an abomination. The script needed many many more edits before it made it into production. The fact that all of the actors had to be replaced was one of many problems. Their replacements were not completely thought out. Andy's in particular, seemed nothing like his character in the first.

However the premise still had some promise. Taking them all for spring break sounded very hilarious and had plenty of room for laughs and promiscuity. And we were instantly introduced to "Jaspers" our three antagonists. And Griff and Jarrod's budding relationship opened up the idea of sexual monogamy a real issue that many couples face today, a promise for some type of depth to the entire plot.

They failed.

It seemed like all the plot lines had promise even Nico's rather week like with a bad luck Tiki seems to be the set up for some hilarious consequences.

But then the script fails to deliver.

There was not enough prep put into this movie and there was not enough thought given to the final product. And finally the promise of yet another sequel "Gays in Space" sounds atrocious.

It Tries So Hard, but Mostly Stays Limp

Author: jaybeebrad from United States
11 December 2008

If ever there were an "A for Effort" moment it would be Another Gay Sequel. Desperate to mix charm and wit with gross-out teen sexploitation style humor, this film unfortunately provides 10 unfunny moments for every 1 truly endearing or hilarious one.

On a shoestring budget the plot seems borrowed from the video game "Leisure Suit Larry: Love For Sail". A group of four gay teens(ish) head off to Florida for Spring Break and enter a contest to see who can get laid the most.

It's a testament to our changed world that a gay themed sexploitation film can even be made. Unfortunately making gross-out jokes "gay" doesn't make them funny, and so many sight gags and predictable moments occur in this movie that it prevents a real laugh-out-loud experience.

Whether it's "the prettiest boy" ending up with poo on his face from an unclean sex experience or a father and son power-vomiting all over each other because of accidental incest, most of these shallow moments somehow lose their sheen for even the biggest fan of low brow gags.

Saving the film is the character of Nico, the over-the-top femme of the bunch. Actor Jonah Blechman really commits to the role and what could have been an irritating stereotype manages to come off as genuine. There are also some brilliant parody moments including Nico running down the beach in braids a'la Bo Derek in "10", and even a one-off tribute to cult classic Romy & Michele's High School Reunion.

Where the movie really fails in in the attempt to blend boner jokes and toilet gags with genuine plots about monogamy, relationships and discovering one's identity. Could it have been achieved? Yes, but it wasn't.

Shout outs go to RuPaul in a hilarious turn as an androgynous activities directory who seems to exist mostly just to drop cheesy product placements for the movie's sponsors. Other cameos are less entertaining, such as Scott Thompson's reprisal as the not-so-secretly gay dad of one of the boys.

If every genre has to have a bunch of duds in order to find its way to classics, then the gay teen comedy is well on it's way thanks to Another Gay Sequel.

Cringe-worthy and pointless. A big disappointment

Author: imdb-17369 from United Kingdom
25 February 2010

I've finally got around to watching this movie tonight - albeit with Spanish subtitles - and it truly is ghastly. I, like most of the other reviewers here, really enjoyed the first movie which had life and spark to it. This has none. Yes, there's lots of good looking naked male flesh around but if anyone wants that we all know where to look. The plot is tasteless, and - for me - the scene where Scott Thompson as Mr Wilson (dressed in a dog costume) mistakenly humps his own son, then follows a flurry of vomiting from him, his son and his son's love interest is beyond tasteless. This film is utterly charmless, inane, and I agree that watching paint dry is preferable. I hope that this sequel is just a glitch and a third film in the series will go for charm and not paint all us gays out to be butt-chasing, screaming queens.

Comes up short

Author: Dee-man
30 December 2008

I was a huge fan of Another Gay Movie. While some of the gross-out humor got to me, altogether I thought it was a funny, well-meaning and overall entertaining comedy full of fun homages and great eye-candy. Unfortunately, "Another Gay Sequel" gives us about half the effort and a quarter of the laughs that the previous entry served up.

First of all, replacing the main cast members hurt the film big-time. Now, the original cast's reasons for returning (or probable reasons) are explained in the film's opening, but if you're going to replace the original actors, at least attempt to cast actors who look somewhat like them. Part of Andy's appeal in the first film was that he was dorky looking and kind of generic. Here he's got flaming red hair and a buff body. And while it's kind of hypocritical, it kind of irritates me that Griff's hotness is toned down with a twinkier, even more androgynous actor playing him this time around. Jonah Blechman, thankfully, stayed around and offers up some of the film's funniest lines and moments.

The endearing supporting cast from the original film aren't even here this time. Muffster, Nico's mom and Andy's mom are traded in for the hideously unentertaining "Jaspers" and Perez Hilton, who provides what are perhaps the most annoying 5 minutes of screen-time I've ever sat through. Even the chunk of dialogue he has on the airplane, in which he's playing fairly low-key, made me want to pry my eyes out. It's a shame, because half of the film's budget was probably wasted on having him appear. Also, Andy's dad appears very late and randomly in the movie, making me think that they needed to pad the film with gross-out humor to get the running time up to par.

Thankfully, the movie does have its funny and sincere moments. The exchanges between Nico and Stan (Brent Corrigan) are cute and thoughtful, as is the turmoil between Griff and Jarod in deciding whether or not to open up their relationship. RuPaul provides some hilarious one-liners and random appearances in the movie. And the references and homages in the movie - ranging from "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" to "10" and "Thriller" - kept me sane.

Altogether, "Another Gay Sequel" comes up short in terms of keeping with the tone of the original, and gives us a bunch of new characters (and actors) who, unfortunately, can't capture the campy and hilarious mood that the first film gave to us.

Abysmal

Author: Jdmaldonado814 from United States
5 July 2012

As corny as the first movie was, I still genuinely liked it. This is nowhere near what the first one was. Shame on every single person who had a hand in it. I honestly don't think I've ever seen a worse movie in my life. Giant crabs, incest, golden showers, zombies, mermaids....Who the hell decided it was a good idea to put all that in 1 movie. It's utterly ridiculous. I literally found it hard to watch some of the scenes. I had to close my eyes during some parts because they were so disgusting and/or absurd.

Shame on every single person who had a hand in it.

Please do yourself a favor and avoid this movie at all cost. I wish I had as so many of the other reviews recommended.

A total disaster

Author: mnpollio from United States
11 August 2010

If Another Gay Movie was surprisingly better than anyone had a right to expect, Another Gay Sequel: Gays Gone Wild is far worse than one could possibly imagine. This sloppy sequel finds our four heroes reuniting for Spring Break at Fort Lauderdale and entering a contest where the winner bags the most guys. Pretty much nothing works this time around. It seems inconceivable that the same creative minds are behind this sequel. It trods some of the same territory of its predecessor while attempting to strike out in new directions, but fails on both fronts. While the sight gags plumb ever further depths of tastelessness and gross-out humor is at a maximum, very little of it is actually funny. Some of the jokes do not even fit in appropriately with the film. Gone is the feeling of upbeat light-heartedness that grounded the original. Much of that tone was what made it stand out from the pack, but this sequel feels more like one of the crowd lagging towards the very back. Familiar gay faces make appearances again, but mostly to little avail this time. Of the four leads from the original, only Jonah Blechman returns and it comes as little surprise that he contributes the best performance. After a knowing wink in the opening acknowledging the cast changes, the performances are down hill from there. None of the replacements equal or better their predecessors. Aaron Michael Davies and Jimmy Clabots are cute as the gay couple, but they are unable to capture the appealing chemistry generated by Mitch Morris and Jonathan Chase in the original. And the screenplay is no friend to them in that respect. If Michael Carbonaro was a dynamo in the hilarious focal role in the original, then Jake Mosser is downright tragic as a replacement. Mosser is arguably more conventionally handsome than Carbonaro, but he has no comic timing and does literally nothing in the part. Another disappointment is that while the original film truly seemed to like its main characters and have some degree of respect for them no matter the ludicrous indignities being suffered, this sequel rarely treats them as anything more than props for the next gross-out gag. While there is a decent amount of male skin on view, this sequel never manages the feat of the original that was able to expertly balance appropriate amounts of nudity, titillation and comedy. Certainly there are no guilty pleasures as amazing in this sequel as the simultaneously hilarious and erotic moment from the original when three of the guys tapped into a security cam in a gym shower room to perve at a clueless Jason Ridge having a "private" moment. In fact, there really are no memorable moments in this sequel. Word has it that creative mind Todd Stephens wants to push for a third film, but this viewer would caution him to reflect long and hard on what made the first film a success before making so much as another step, because this misfire comes close to flushing the whole franchise down the toilet.

Total crap

Author: canadianguy62 from Vancouver, Canada
12 February 2010

A total piece of s#@t! Save yourself two hours of your life and do something meaningful, like watch paint dry!

I really enjoyed the first one and was anxious to see the sequel. I cannot recall if I laughed once. I certainly squirmed a lot, groaned and shook my head.

I have often heard that it is difficult to get a move from script to the screen; too bad that adage did not hold true in this instance.

Ru Paul and Perez Hilton were absolutely awful! The worst of a bad lot (and that is say a great deal!). Brent Corrigan's butt was very nice to look at, but I can find that on-line, along with the rest of his naked body!

Seriously, save yourself and watch something else.