IMDb > Borderline (2008) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Borderline life

Author: Waddah74 from Jordan
21 July 2008

Borderline life

An exceptional piece of art and a very emotional movie it takes you to a very sad story about a young woman who becomes an emotional cripple due to her mentally ill mother,she is raised by her grandmother.

Her life before 30 is a far from fairy-tale. Sex and alcohol are her only outlets and her daily reality , so much emotions , tears , laughs and nudity .

An outstanding performance by the very attractive and a pleasure to watch Isabelle Blais (Kiki ) the main Character in the movie . The music was so nice and sad.

The film was well done and thoughtful.

It is a must see.

Kiki's life

Author: Bob Taylor (bob998@sympatico.ca) from Canada
8 June 2010

Lyne Charlebois has given us an absorbing study of a young woman who feels the wrongs done her by her mother, and society in general, very intensely. Kiki's like a live wire: touch her and you'll get a nasty shock. She keeps a middle-aged man captive to her emotional extremes. Tcheky is married but can't get enough of Kiki's wildness. Mikael (played very winningly by Pierre-Luc Brilliant) is a healthy alternative to Tcheky, but Kiki has difficulty understanding this. This is one of the few recent films that deals convincingly with psychosis--in this case, borderline disorder.

Isabelle Blais has what it takes to establish herself on the international film scene. I thought of Marie-Josee Croze as I watched her, she has the same skill of inhabiting her character. Angele Coutu as the grandmother had some effective scenes as the stable member of the family.

Highly recommended

Author: keenast from Los Angeles
29 March 2016

It's really rare to find a good movie, mais voilà, that's one! Excellent acting and great story telling. The time line has a lot of back and forth which might be a bit confusing at the beginning but one gets the hang of it quickly.

There's some reviewers who call this a sad movie, but there's nothing sad about it. Quite the opposite, our lead goes through stations in her life we all go through, trying to make sense out of something that's hard to make sense of - and sex for sure is something that takes a while to figure, make that quite a long while. Our lead actress does a magnificent job leading us through her world.

A very sensible and sensitive film, hats off to all involved.

An amazing history

Author: Daniel Bento from Portugal
29 December 2013

This film was an amazing production about borderline disorder. We meet Kika in the present, in her daily life. At the same time we are presented with her feelings and memories of the past.

The characters are complex, well developed. Kiki passed her childhood living with here sick mom.

It's an amazing history about the evolution of the mental state of each character.

I found this movie with more nudity that erotic scenery (which I personally don't put side to side). Besides that, it's an outstanding movie to see!