G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
- the obvious mask worn by the elder MacCullen and his descendant's new face
- the events involving France
- and the concept of replacing the head of state of the most powerful nation with a perfect double.
- the Baroness had a brother who apparently gets killed by a future Joe soldier
- Cobra Commander implants hypnotic commands into his troops' brains, including the Baroness
- Storm Shadow's master is killed by Zartan, and Snake-Eyes mistakenly blames him for it (this carries over into the sequel, where Snake-Eyes learns the truth and Storm Shadow manages to kill Zartan in revenge)
- Destro builds Cobra, only to get usurped by Cobra Commander
- and James McCullen is injected with nanite technology to incapacitate and subjugate him.