IMDb > "Jonas" (2009) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]

Not their best choice

Author: dannuele_s from United States
17 July 2009

It seems like every one who can sing wants to act. The Jonas brothers should have never tried acting. This is the worst show I have seen on Disney is a while. At moments they are over acting and looking very ridiculous at other moments they are not acting enough. Its clear they are only on a show because they are the Jonas Brothers. Its a very corny and lame show and has the same concept of Hanna Montanna. At times it seems like they are not even on the same page with each other. I love their music but this makes them look foolish. I think it is a great show to watch for boredom relief and to kill time. But other than that I don't see it making it past a year.

Is it 30 Rock? No. Is it far better than most of the drivel Disney Channels pulls out? By far.

Author: GonzoBarbossa from Mississippi Gulf Coast
11 June 2009

I'm not a fan of Disney channel, in fact I totally hate it and blame it for the lack of great television for younger kids. However, I had an opportunity to watch this. I had to record this so I could watch a sneak peak of "Up!". I decided to go ahead and watch this and give it a chance, because as an aspiring film/television director I always hope people would give me the same chance. With an open mind I found it to be cute and entertaining.

Will it be the next Office or Lost? Well no. However, it's good in the "it's so bad it's good" way. People complain about the writing and the acting, but I find it to be surprisingly better than most Disney channel shows past and present. The premise isn't crazy-original, but what isn't? The writing is okay, but it works if you enjoy random silliness and great one-liners. Some of the acting is pretty good, the extras are far less annoying than Hannah Montana's and their family in the show is tolerable and their father isn't treated like an idiot.

Out of the three brother's Nick is lucky to be so adorable, because he's very weak in the acting. Joe is actually pretty funny and enjoyable to watch. As for Kevin, you can tell he isn't taking himself seriously as an actor and just having fun (and that is very evident with Joe too) and I can appreciate it. They don't try to be more than they are, as with this show and I actually set a series recording and enjoy watching episodes in my spare time. And kudos for nixing the laugh track.

I will still hit it on weak story lines and execution, just because it's Disney Channel doesn't excuse poor production quality. This show actually has potential to be a monkey-esquire and could be very good. And some of the music is bad- or more or less written for the show and just to fill time. But they get credit for writing it and trying. It's not groundbreaking or thought-provoking, but it's a fun way to pass the time.

OMFG!!! it pains me to EVEN HAVE TO write this review!!!!! Don't WATCH THIS CRAPP!

Author: prettyreckless40 from Algeria
12 October 2010

so the Jonas Brothers get their own "Disney" show! oooohhhhhh BIG SHOCKER THERE! Didn't SEE THAT ONE COMING (sarcastic). don't even get me started with that recycled overused plot of "regular people during the day and stars at night" it has Hannah Montana and Lizzie Mcguire Movie written all over it... c'com Disney haven't you milked the cow for what it's worth by airing a fourth season of the hillbilly garbage AKA Hannah Montana??? but that's not why I'm here... JONAS LA or JONAS or whatever this stupid show's name is.. it sucks! now, I've only seen two episodes but they both sucked azz ... ummmm let me think. yep, that one where they decide to recreate their family videos and memories ... it was literally the most painful thing I ever watched; watching the Jonas Brothers act stupid and lame isn't entertaining at all.

I don't know what else to say about this garbage except that it REALLY SUCKS!

Disney CHANNEL ENOUGH WITH THIS BALL$hit LREADY!

AND PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE Don't GIVE JUSTIN BIEBER A $HIT-COM it's the only thing you haven't done yet.

In the vein of the classic Beatles films...

Author: SereneChaos from United States
24 May 2009

...such as "A Hard Day's Night" or "Help" (in fact, a nod to the latter can be seen in the first episode) and the delightfully kitschy Monkees television show, comes "JONAS", the story of three famous, musically inclined brothers who make their home in a fire station and are just trying to live "normal" lives, while inadvertently getting themselves into some fairly wacky situations. The show is chock-full of sight gags, slapstick, wonderfully silly one-liners, and it never fails to crack me up at least a little. The Jonas Brothers (even Frankie, the Bonus Jonas, is along for the ride), while basically playing themselves in the series, do so in an almost genius, exaggerated fashion; the rest of the cast supports well and plays their roles with equal prowess. Bottom line: "JONAS" is a fantastically fun, impressive addition to the Disney Channel line-up.

I think I've seen this before...Oh, yeah, in EVERY OTHER Disney SHOW!

Author: charlotte from United States
19 July 2009

So, the only original element in Disney's new series Jonas is the absence of a laugh track. I'm fairly convinced the producers were sitting around stoned and decided this would be enough to create a better show...they were wrong. I, however, dub this three stars for three reasons; 1-While yes, the absence of a laugh track is NOT an example of originality (who knows, maybe the sound effects machine is broken), it certainly helps because it comforts me to know that no one else finds this crap funny either. 2-It is fun to laugh at Kevin and his lack of fangirls, even if that is not addressed in the show (it should be...Kevin is a loser). And 3-Joe is H.O.T., but only when you mute the T.V.

better stick to my Asian drama...

Author: Jia-Di from Puerto Rico
4 May 2009

I watch Disney Channel, just cause there's actually nothing to see in TV and i start browsing the internet for Asian drama whether its Korean,Japanese or Taiwanese. The thing is watching the JONAS, just gives me the theory that Disney channel cannot come up with something a little bit more original these days. They are trying really hard to copy one of their own hit shows but this time doing it with boys that cant even act. Im not a hater but this is a point of view of someone who is not into their hip, while your a fan you might think anything they do is great just cause they might look kinda cute. As i have said before if the Asian shows were shown all over the world on TV, Hollywood would be down the drain cause at least they do have something called original.

The JONAS show, is about 3 musician brothers who are famous and show how difficult their life is being famous. The comedy is really poor, its completely force. Nonetheless they made the show a..musical..show..we had enough of that in the Disney channel movies. Though their songs for this show are completely ehh pathetic.

I was going to give it a 1/10 but decided to give it a 3 for the effort.

Page 3 of 4: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [Next]