IMDb > "Vratice se rode" (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Vratice se rode" More at IMDbPro »

Alexandar from Macedonia....Don't miss it for the WORLD

Author: Aleksandar Georgiev from Macedonia
19 April 2008

although i'm a movie and series fanatic in all their shapes,i can say without any hesitations that this is the BEST TV show i have ever watched in my life...Its understandable that this kind of shows and movies produced in the former Yogoslav Republics are concerning the war in Bosnia and the social life of people living there,but this show is nothing like that...In this show Serbia is out of war with their enemyes but is at war with local gangsters,mobs,drug dealers etc...This show is representing two best pals,Predrag aka Svaba and Aca aka Ekser who are struggling to a better life in their neighborhood....they're reselling cashiered perfumes for a low price only to pay their debts and to survive the actual day,but there is hope in them,because their characters in the show tells us that they have a vision,that they are good people no matter what happens....First season is out with 25 Episodes and believe me although i'm from Macedonia and i can understand the jokes and the actual situation that's presented by the director, i HIGHLY Recommend this show to all TV Series passionate lovers because i guarantee that you wont be disappointed....b.t.w. the soundtrack of the show is Excellent... Absolutely 10 for the show in every way.....Greetings from Skopje,Macedonia

Very modern, well written, authentically Serbian comedy/drama.

Author: Joselito Duric from Budapest, Hungary
8 November 2008

What amazes me the most about this series is how realistically and truly main characters are presented. Dialogs and communication is so well written/done, that if I try to find a better words for anything said in this series - it just doesn't come up. Djuricko and Bjelogrlic are just perfect, and Todorovic has just outplayed himself. And Pejakovic (writer) has proved himself to be even better writer then actor (he's one of my favorites). I can watch these dialogs over and over again, and every time to get happy and excited with simplicity and in same time depth / heaviness of every simple sentence. Very good writing and acting!

Only minus (besides some week side roles), from my point, is ending.. It's a bit too sweet get-together happy end. Well, for my taste at least, it just doesn't sits together with rest of show.

Brilliant TV show with some of the most popular and best Serbian actors

Author: miksolt from Hungary
16 June 2012

An edifying and touching series about friendship, faith, love, life and death. It mixes both drama and humor with a bit of mystery. The story is placed in Belgrade (Serbia) and in a small village called Baranda which becomes a purgatory for some of the lost souls of the Ex Yugoslavia... Great acting, screenplay, characters and directing. The dialogues are astonishingly natural.

My private opinion is that Serbian film moves lot in it's standards during last 20 years. Definitely deserves to reach wider audience. It's greatest assets are the self-reflection and the self-irony. It doesn't afraid of find fault with the actual political cabinet. In many way it fights for rights of minority social layers as well. These are not really the main attributes of the series 'Vratice se rode', but it still reflects on many other important social issues.

concerning the last episode

Author: crni macak from diaspora
11 May 2009

a fantastic series, 10/10. rivals "prosjaci i sinovi" even though they have slightly different antagonists and the protagonists in Rode are stupider (less intelligent?). nevertheless, a great depiction of how funny people are on the balkan peninsula despite all the darkness surrounding their lives.

*relative spoiler* in regards to the last episode, it is clear to me that this merely a "boost" for the general audience and a rushed way to create an artificial happy ending. i can understand this because the people back home would not want to watch a series where the end is a replica of the real world: jadno. just like the last party scene in Kusturica's "Underground", it is necessary to ward off the tears.