The British Academy Television Awards 2007

Author: Jackson Booth-Millard from United Kingdom
9 June 2010

I always look forward to both the BAFTA Television and Film Awards shows, and this one was no different. Hosted by Graham Norton, it gives us all those great television programmes in all the great genres (comedy, documentary, drama, entertainment, news, sitcom, sport) and with all the great stars of the past year, and awards those worthy of the prize. The awards presented included Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Comedy Performance (Ricky Gervais in Extras won), Best Comedy Programme (That Mitchell and Webb Look won), Best Continuing Drama (Casualty won instead of EastEnders or Coronation Street!?), Best Drama Series (Sugar Rush was nominated), Best Entertainment Performance (Friday Night with Jonathan Ross won, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway and Stephen Fry for Q.I. were nominated), Best Entertainment Programme (The X Factor won), Best Factual Series, Best Features (The Apprentice, Dragons' Den and The F Word were nominated), Best Situation Comedy (Green Wing and The IT Crowd were nominated), Best Specialist Factual (Planet Earth was nominated), International (House, Lost and My Name Is Earl were nominated), Pioneer Audience Award (Dragons' Den, Planet Earth and Celebrity Big Brother were nominated), and the Fellowship Award for Richard Curtis. Very good!