IMDb > The Bounty Hunter (2010/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter More at IMDbPro »

Page 3 of 14: [Prev][1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [Next]

Jennifer Aniston And Gerard Butler: B-List Actors Who Can't Carry A Movie

Author: sddavis63 (revsdd@gmail.com) from Durham Region, Ontario, Canada
17 July 2010

There was potential here - somewhere. Admittedly, you have to dig pretty deep to find it, but it was here. The story of a bounty hunter hired to bring his ex-wife to justice after she skips bail while facing a ridiculous charge - something funny could have been done with that. Unfortunately, nothing very funny ended up being done with it. Then that whole story is enmeshed with a "dramatic" element. Nicole (who skipped bail) is a journalist trying to get to the bottom of a story about a suicide she suspects was a murder. Again - potential, but totally wasted. This movie really needed to decide whether it wanted to be a comedy or a suspense thriller, because by trying to do both it succeeded at neither.

Casting was something of a problem here. Hollywood continues to find vehicles - and a lot of them - for both Jennifer Aniston (Nicole) and Gerard Butler (her bounty hunting ex). The problem is that (as far as I'm concerned) they're both B-list actors - and they're B-list actors for a reason. They're not especially convincing. Teamed with someone with screen presence, they can carry the roles they get. Teamed with each other the result was less than impressive. In fact, the funniest scene in the movie probably involved neither of them - it was the scene when the generally irritating (and totally unnecessary) character of Stewart was drugged with the horse tranquilizer. When a minor and unnecessary character has the best scene, you know there's a problem.

I Expected Much More From This Film

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
29 July 2010

The gambler and former police officer Milo Boyd (Gerard Butler) owes money to dangerous bookmakers and works as bounty hunter. His ex-wife Nicole Hurley (Jennifer Aniston) is a reporter snooping the mysterious death of a man that was reported by the police as suicide. Meanwhile Nicole is accused of running over and assaulting a police officer and is summoned to a hearing in the court. However, she has a lead for her case and she misses the audience with the judge. Milo is assigned to track down and arrest Nicole; in return, he would receive an award of US 5,000.00. While hunting Kate, Milo stays close to his ex-wife and they both revive the good moments they had in their marriage. But Nicole is pursued by the criminal that she is investigating and Milo by the henchmen of the takers and they get into trouble.

I expected much more from "The Bounty Hunter" since I like the sexy Jennifer Aniston and the efficient Gerard Butler. However, the story recalls "Serving Sara" and is entertaining in a few moments but without the charm of the movie of 2002. The tanned Jennifer Aniston shows a magnificent shape in a sexy black dress that highlights her awesome legs. My vote is five.

Title (Brazil): "Caçador de Recompensa" ("Bounty Hunter")

Has its moments but lacks any real humor or charm (or brains)

Author: Samiam3 from Canada
11 July 2010

Were it not for the fact that Gerard Butler's character does not have a split personality, I'd say The Bounty Hunter is pretty much the same story as Me Myself and Irene. It certainly feels derivative, and I'm sure anyone who sees this movie will be reminded of something else. There's nothing wrong with that I suppose, provided the movie offers enough humour and/or charm to keep us focused.

The Bounty Hunter has its moments early on, but the story grows increasingly dull. It feels bloated and overlong, not to mention almost devoid of common sense. Butler and Aniston don't make a very good screen couple, and the story is too dependant on their lack of chemistry and rapid fire excahange of sarcastic banter to work, but it does not sustain the film for a hundred plus minutes. The movie as a whole, ends up falling kind of flat.

like eating 2 minutes noodles... nothing extraordinary but not too bad either

Author: rohitgahlowt from India
9 July 2010

The bounty hunter 2010

A chick flick with nothing unique or special… one has seen such films countless times before and will continue to see them in future… the only thing I can say in its praise is that it's better than the story less chick flicks bollywood seems to be churning out nowadays… Gerard Butler is an ex cop bounty hunter whose ex wife is a hot shot reporter who is suspicious about an open and shut case… she starts to investigate a lead and hence doesn't turn up in court for her parking tickets' hearing… the court is sick of waiting for Ms. Jennifer and puts out a warrant for her arrest… a bounty hunter is employed to get her and he happens to be Mr. Butler… he arrests her without delay but now starts a sort of road movie with the 'killer' out to get Ms. Aniston… the bounty hunter turns saviour as the ex-couple sets out to find what the hell is happening… and in the process re-discover their love.

The film could have been funny and romantic and dramatic but it seems insipid… its like taking your girlfriend out and treating her to Maggi noodles… you expect so much but all you gets is something limp and soggy but not bad to taste…

Gerard was way better in The Ugly Truth. He's one action hero who is comfortable in chick flicks as well… he's not camera shy and hence very comfortable on screen in whatever he's doing… unlike Aniston who seems too heavily decked up and restrained and beautiful and pleasant looking… clearly she looks like she is acting … not natural at all… she should try and be like what she was in Friends and stop producing the strange films she does with herself in them and herself in every frame (Management 2008 – a very dull film that makes Indian chick flicks look classic and super funny in comparison)…

The one funny guy in the movie was Aniston's colleague who kissed her once and is under the impression that she is having an affair with her. If only he had more to do in this movie instead of just being a cut way from the lead couple…

I'm sure in a few days from now I might not remember any scene or character from this film…

Honestly, come on...

Author: Paul Magne Haakonsen from Denmark
21 June 2010

Well, I had expected more of a movie with a cast of this caliber.

It seemed like a toned down version of "Mr and Mrs Smith", except for lacking the comedy and in-you-face presence. Sure, the story in "The Bounty Hunter" was alright, it had enough action scenes and enough romance in it to keep most pleased, but it seriously lacked comedy. I, for one, had expected more laughs out of the movie.

Anyway, the cast and their performances were top notch. Good to see Butler in a role like this, to show his diversity as an actor.

Halfway through the movie I started to do other stuff while the movie kept on playing, it became that uninteresting actually.

But I am sure for fans of Butler and Aniston, then this movie is a must see. Personally, I didn't find it all that interesting though. For me, there are better and more compelling movies out there at the moment.

Sadly, I have to rate this movie as a flat 5 out of 10.

Jennifer Anniston must have lost an amazing bet!!

Author: soldbyjoe from United States
16 July 2010

I can only say that Jennifer Anniston must have the same bet that Denzel Washington lost to commit to being in Book of Eli. What is it about this summer and the terrible movies.

It's funny that IMDb wants you to check the box if you include a spoiler alert. Here's a spoiler alert, the entire movie is as spoiled as yesterday's garbage.

Believe me, this movie will leave you with 2 wasted hours and a loss of money.

As for, Gerard Butler, he did okay.

Thanks

utter rubbish

Author: taynurse from United Kingdom
30 March 2010

I went to see this movie with my son. I wasn't expecting much...just as well! Jennifer Anniston was appalling, well actually she played the character she always plays.... bland, bronzed and middle-the-road! I can safely say she has not challenged her acting skills this film. As for Gerrard Butler? he was not much better, and his American accent was embarrassing. He appears to be flavour of the month on Hollywood at preset. This film I'm sure will not be in his 'top 10' movies. Actually, it would be better if we just forget this film. Take my advice do not waste your hard earned cash on this absolute drivel. The only thing good about this film was the end credits!!

bad movie

Author: cb9345 from United States
21 March 2010

This movie was the worst I have seen in a long time. I had hopes in the beginning when Milo was chasing the Uncle Sam character in stilts. that was funny. But when Aniston came on the movie was over--there was no chemistry between these two. He was even abusive such as locking her in a trunk and seemed to enjoy it. a very poor relationship. I was shocked when I found out Aniston and he were in a real relationship. If it is anything like this, get out of it please for your own sake! He truly seemed to hate her. No wonder she as a workaholic, people do that when they need to get away from a bad relationship. On the other hand I have noticed that the only people that seemed to dig this were under 18. so sure, try it if you are that young. Now I wished I had seen a guy film. I came to the movie with a religious group. I am going to pray I forget this as soon as possible.

Better Than Average Romantic Comedy

Author: YJC from New York City
16 March 2010

The Bounty Hunter was better than I expected it to be. It was a chick flick-- but it was cute. It was definitely different and following the men&women chick flick style from The Blind Side. It actually had some action so it was also similar to Mr. and Mrs. Smith in some scenes which was refreshing, but it also had really CHEESY chick flick scenes especially with cheesy chick flick music. However, it's perfect for girls and a very nice film for a Friday night out with the girls or etc. Jennifer Aniston surprisingly was wonderful in my opinion in this film (as much depth as a screenplay allows in this type of film) while Gerard Butler was Gerard Butler. He wasn't as drop dead gorgeous as he was in The Ugly Truth, but good enough with hilarious moments. Definitely a romantic-comedy not to be missed for Jennifer Aniston or Gerard Butler fans. Amazing chemistry between these two.

Don't believe the haters!

Author: sgtGiggsy from Hungary
1 September 2013

I don't understand why reviewers hated so much this film. It's a typical romantic comedy, with a little action, and an okay investigation part. I don't say it's an exceptionally good mix of these things, but still a really enjoyable one. The plot isn't very original, generally it's a witty love story of two people who used to love each other very much, but now can't stand each other. Actually it has some similarities with the earlier Jennifer Aniston movie 'The Break-up' just it's much better. The jokes are funnier, the plot doesn't consist the drama which isn't needed in a romantic comedy, and the chemistry between Aniston and Butler is far-far better. I think some people may expected more from this movie than this actually is. If you look for an easy to enjoy comedy, and not the finest of the movie history, it's a good choice for you. If you like good, not chick-flick type romantic comedies, try it, and I promise you won't be disappointed.