IMDb > The Bounty Hunter (2010/I) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
The Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter More at IMDbPro »

Page 12 of 14: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]

I really wanted to like it

Author: carlypi from United Kingdom
22 March 2010

I am just the sort of person this type of movie is aimed at. I absolutely love romantic comedies and I am a huge fan of Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler but after waiting for the release of this movie for several months unfortunately I was disappointed.

The storyline seemed promising and quite original. A reporter (Aniston) skips bail and her bounty hunter ex-husband (Butler) is given the job of hunting her down. The result however is quite a bland movie and it could have been so much better.

Whenever Gerard Butler is in a romantic comedy he does bring a slightly edgy 'tough guy' quality to the movie but I'm not sure that it entirely works. We want to fall in love with our male lead, not wince as he locks Aniston in his car boot.

If you have a few hours spare with really nothing else to do it is probably worth a watch and there is the odd giggle here and there. If like me you enjoy 'chick flicks' you have probably sat through a lot worse, but just don't expect this movie to be amazing.

A sub par hunt for romance

Author: Gordon-11 from Earth
28 March 2010

This film is about an ex cop who hunts his ex wife down to get a bounty, and along the way they re-examine their relationship.

"The Bounty Hunter" could have been a great romantic comedy. Jennifer Aniston is already well established in this genre, while Gerard Butler has already shown promise in "The Ugly Truth". However, "The Bounty Hunter" has a rather flat and tiring plot, which is not as entertaining as one hoped. I just find the fight between them not dramatic enough, as a result nothing much happens between them. They are just running from one place to another, which is not very interesting to watch. It also cannot decide between being a romantic comedy or a detective story, so most subplots of the film gets underdeveloped.

"The Bounty Hunter" is a sub par romantic comedy that fails to entertain or warm people's hearts. Watch it only if you have lots of time to kill.

Not as bad as it seems

Author: xhillarydotcomx from United States
24 March 2010

I walked into this movie with very low expectations. I did not want to see it at all because I thought it was going to be God-awful; however, I was pleasantly surprised. As most romantic comedies are, Bounty Hunter was predictable - two former lovers met again due to random circumstances, they dislike one another, go through some sort of crazy adventure, rekindle their spark, something goes wrong, but in the end everything turns out all right and they end up together. Though there aren't any moments in this movie that are particularly quotable, overall I enjoyed this movie. I thought it was cute, lighthearted, fun and left me with the fuzzy feeling inside that romantic comedies tend to leave. I won't pay to see this movie again, but if in the future it was on TV I wouldn't change the channel. I give it a solid C.

loved it

Author: rob-nean from United Kingdom
20 April 2010

this is probably the first time I've watched a film starring Jennifer Aniston and not thought it were a nauseating performance, but this was great, her performance with co-star Gerald Butler was more than good the chemistry between the two was out-standing.. Nicole Hurley (Jennifer Aniston) is in some trouble with the law for a traffic offence and is on the run to crack a massive story for a newspaper.. Gerard Butler (Milo Boyd) is a bounty hunter who is asked to bring her in for justice, but being his ex-wife brings out hilarious consequences for the two... Gerard Butler another favourite actor of mine was splendid in this, and was an ideal co-star to Jennifer who also gave her best.. i was also happy to see Peter Greene (Mahler) giving another great performance, again another favourite in my book... Im giving this a very strong seven out of ten as it had me in stitches and i thoroughly enjoyed.

Pleasantly Surprised

Author: DanBalhatchet (danielbalhatchet@aol.com) from United Kingdom
30 March 2010

Actually, I was really impressed with this movie. I'm a huge fan of Aniston from 'Friends' (less so her movies) & enjoyed Butler's performance in P.S I Love You but after reading the terrible reviews I almost gave this one a miss... and I'm so glad that I didn't.

The film is about Milo (Butler) you is a former cop turned bounty hunter trying to capture his ex-wife Nichole (Aniston), obviously it was never going to be as simple as that. Nichole is working on a big story involving a murder.

The movie is charming and is an excellent Action-Comedy, I think a big reason for the poor reviews is the film being marketed as a Rom-com, despite being virtually the opposite until near the end. Obviously, that and all the hate Aniston gets in general...

I'd be willing to say that anybody who goes into this film with an open mind will enjoy it, and also that most of the people dishing out poor reviews won't hate even seen the movie, merely the trailer (which does make the movie look a lot worse than it turned out).

2 hours of my life I'm never getting back.

Author: pjoltje_2000 from Belgium
15 April 2010

First of all let's start with saying I am a chick. I love chick flicks, I cried when mufasa dies and simba tries to pull his ear. But this movie, I went in with low expectations, I mean Jenifer Aniston can pull off some decent stuff, I even loved "Rumor has it". But this time, she hit rock bottom and it keeps on falling. This movie, there is no other word for it, was awful. No other word for it, it was just awful and torture sitting in that theater staring at my phone waiting for it to end. The script failed the entire time, the little jokes Gerard Butler tries to make only made me crack a smile. Jenifer Aniston running around in heels, trying to escape her previous husband, I nearly wanted to get out of that theater. The worst moment was the conversation they have at the hotel they are staying the second night. I was choking on a popcorn, I thought of not fighting it. The plot was so predictable, the end I nearly didn't want to see it. All in all, please, if you are a fan of Jenifer, don't go to see this movie so it won't destroy your illusion of her being a good actress. If you think Gerard Butler is hot go see it, you see his impressive torso. The rest of the movie is just a waste of time.

BIG FLOP two thumbs way down!!

Author: jenny-jd from Canada
19 March 2010

Was not as funny as it could have or should have been. It was alright, but i am getting so sick of every single movie having some long pointless graphic strip club scene, or big graphic sex scene. it's fine if people want to watch that kind of thing, but i am so sick of it becoming some type of mainstream thing. if people want to look at it that's fine, but people should also have equal opportunity to not watch it too. I'm sorry but numerous women wearing pasties and little slivers of cloths over their vagina's dancing around in front of men and swinging on poles two at a time have no business being in a PG movie if you ask me. and why the hell does every movie has to have this anyway?? men are not the only one's who watch movies!

I AM VERY SORRY I WASTED ANY TIME OR MONEY ON THIS PIECE OF CRRRRRAP!

very poor

Author: jeffjett11 from United States
19 March 2010

from the start this movie is one big stupid plot,

OK first thing is $50,000 for bail on an assault charge against a police officer, even for New York that is excessive.

but i tried to remind myself this is just a movie- and later on in the story she actually explains herself and what the assault charge was. she brushed up against a police horse with her car. that sounds like a moving violation. even if she was driving like a mad woman in the city, she would get at the most a reckless driving. the writers did a poor job in laying out the plot on that issue-

well on to the next thing hmm a visit to the track--

one of my old stomping grounds, and me being a jersey guy i know the layout of the state.

after he picks her up at Monmouth park, he locks her in the trunk and at this point he is determined to bring her in-- so instead of heading back to New York, he decides to go to Atlantic city at least an hour and a half south of New York. at that point i was lost- why go to Atlantic city before bringing her in? the story lost me on that.

knowing their travels and what they were doing lost me. even a comedy has to have a plot that is believable.

so i just didn't buy it. the only reason I went to this movie was i knew it was shot in Jersey, and I'm a fan of movies filmed in my home state. but those flaws i've seen are enough for me to give this movie a 2-

Jennifer Aniston is not a great actress, this movie sums up the reality of her career, and that would make her in real life a 2- and not even close to a 10- but i think Hollywood just wanted to push a product.

she would of had to make me laugh, but the whole movie, and her being the star- failed--

thank you for reading my review, i hope you all wait for this to come on cable-

Bounty Hunter: I declare a mutiny

Author: MovieZoo from United States
19 March 2010

The beautiful and fun looking/loving Aniston; the good looking and quirky sometimes funny, sometimes deadly frightful Scot, Gerard Butler. Can't go wrong, can ya? WRONG!!!! How incredibly bad can a movie get when the trailer looks better than half funny? Find out and go see this idiotic romp to disaster. While Aniston and Butler are not at fault, I could not help but feeling totally disappointed by the inept writing and directing presented in another movie that should not have been let out of the production stage in such poor condition.

I have nothing to say in praise. But this was a lesson. Before I go see another comedy, I will check IMDb to see if anyone has any connection to SNL. At that point, I will avoid that movie.

Seriously, while this review does little to critique, I will give direction. This movie should go to hell along with anyone involved with the creative(or destructive) process.

Too bad there is no zero for rating movies. Gets a 1 for Aniston and Butler out of pity and I hope they can find a production team who cares about their product, because Aniston and Butler do show some potential for being a team.

Bound to be pleased, you are, with the Bounty Hunter, its a fun, fast-paced frolic of a film

Author: Amy Adler from Toledo, Ohio
24 March 2010

Milo (Gerard Butler) has been down on his lucky, lately. Since he was fired from his job as a police officer, he has led an on-the-edge existence as a bounty hunter for a two-bit bail bondsman. For example, his latest day's work involved tracking a stilt walker during the middle of a Fourth of July parade! Meanwhile, his ex-wife, Nicole (Jennifer Anniston) is a star-in-rising for the daily blab. For this reason, Nicole misses a court appearance for a minor traffic accident, in pursuit of a big story of possible police corruption. Milo is sent to bring her to jail and his glee is hard to miss. It seems their once promising union went south, due to Nicole's work ambitions. But, although he initially captures her at the race track, Nicole proves to be an uncooperative bounty. Not only that, she is still in contact with her sources of information and soon the "bad elements" are after the both of them, for she "knows too much". From Atlantic city hotels to tattoo parlors to scenic bed and breakfast inns, will Milo and Nic outrun the crooks and get the scoop on crime? Bound to be pleased, you are, with this latest film entry. A rarity, as it is both a romance and an action film, it has many winning elements indeed. First, the cast is great. Anniston and Butler, two very engaging and comic performers, put on a show of their admirable talents. Fun they are, from start to finish. The supporting cast is also most wonderful, including but not limited to, Christine Baranski, Siobhan Fallon and Carol Kane. Truly everyone in the whole darn thing does a great job, even though some of the actors may not be household names..yet. Next, the script and direction score big points, as they are lively, imaginative and comical. The settings are a mixture of seediness and beauty, the costumes are quite noteworthy, and the camera work is great. In short, it would be difficult to see anyone not having a good time at this fine flick. Hunt down the showtimes in the usual sources and bound out the door to get a ticket today.

Page 12 of 14: [Prev][7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [Next]