IMDb > "Charmed" Unaired Pilot (????) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"Charmed" Unaired Pilot (????)

1 of 179 Episodes | Next »

A shorter version of the first episode with a different Phoebe and Andy

Author: Jonny-ironica from Houston, TX
9 October 2007

This pilot was filmed before the trees began blooming for spring in early 1998. Shannen Doherty and Holly Marie Combs were cast as the older Halliwell sisters who are living in their family home after their grandmother passed away. Lori Rom plays the youngest sister, Phoebe, who moves in, strangely enough, after Prue mentions they need help around the house. Apparently Phoebe was an irresponsible little slut who hit on Prue's fiancé... although Prue broke off the engagement with her fiancé anyway??? Well, we can't always count on the most solid writing. Oh and Andy is also played by Chris Boyd or whomever.

Anyway, if you're reading this review, you should have seen the first episode, so let's assume you know the general plot and name the differences.

Because the writer/creator wanted this show to focus more on the sisters, Andy isn't given as much development with Prue as he is in the first episode. Also, many people say Lori Rom is a no-talent hack who couldn't play Phoebe right, but I think Rom delivers a DIFFERENT performance... one that's not.. oh... as slutty. Not really. I just think she plays a quirkier Phoebe, one who couldn't have possibly hit on Prue's fiancé and done 90% of the things Phoebe did when she was played by Alyssa Milano for the rest of the series. That being said, the only real problem with Rom is that she is about a foot taller than Doherty and Combs, which doesn't work when she's supposed to be the youngest.

All this said, the pilot is still one of the better ones I have seen and really feeds the addiction hardcore Charmed fans crave. That's why it gets a 9/10.

Oh and Chris Boyd also got sacked and ends up being played by T.W. King.. who gets killed off at the end of season 1 anyway.

Lori Rom Doesn't Fit The Part for Phoebe

Author: mirosuionitsaki2 from United States
27 July 2007

I think many will agree that Lori Rom doesn't fit the part for Phoebe for many reasons. Only one reason I will say. She's very bad playing the part for Phoebe. As in, she's bad acting Phoebe. She's looks too old and unattractive to play Phoebe. Although, Alyssa Milano and Lori Rom are almost the same age, their appearance differs.

I didn't care about who played Inspector Andy Trudeau though. I don't really care for Andy in the show. The plot of this episode is still similar to "Something Wicca This Way Comes" of the regular Charmed series, which was aired.

I do recommend this episode if you liked Charmed since it's interesting if you compare it to "Something Wicca This Way Comes".