"Supernatural" Bedtime Stories (TV Episode 2007) Poster

(TV Series)

A little bit inaccurate but entertaining
three_am14 August 2010
I thought this episode of Supernatural was entertaining. I liked the camera shots of the frog and Sam and Dean finally noticing it. The only small gripe I have about this episode is that they lumped Little Red Riding Hood with the Brothers Grimm, which is untrue. The real author or, err, collector of the story is Charles Perrault. Sue me, I'm a lit major. I liked the idea of twisted fairy tales and the show delivered. I especially liked the take on Hansel and Gretel. As gruesome as the scene was it still made me laugh on some level.

The ending with Sam and the Crossroads demon is a good lead up and foreshadowing of his character for the entire series. Thumbs up!
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
super_frog1616 November 2007
Yay for bedtime stories. I have to say i really liked this episode. The whole idea of the ep was great, a comatose woman using her inner child to wreak havoc in the shape of fairy tales. The whole twist was a nice touch too. Evil stepmother and all that, great idea in my opinion. The fight at the end was fab too, Dean v's the proverbial big bad wolf. Good stuff, I again liked the addition of the goryness of some parts. I think its nice that the show is allowed to add some more 'ew' moments to the episodes. A life battling monsters should allow for some hair raising moments, and i think its fab that there are more appearing in the show every week Really nice episode in my opinion, with some nice bantery moments between the guys, cool beans XsarahX
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Fairy Tale Killer
Claudio Carvalho17 August 2009
When the Winchester brothers read on the newspaper about a psychotic killer in Maple Springs, New York, that seems to kill in the lunar cycle, they head to the city expecting to find a werewolf. They interview the survivor that tells that his two brothers were killed by a violent man acting like a wolf. While they are interviewing Dr. Garrison, another victim arrives in the hospital: Julie Watson was tracking with her husband Ken and they get lost in the woods. They are welcomed by a gentle old woman in her isolated house that out of the blue rips Ken with a knife. Julie sees also an eight year old girl in the window. Sam associates the murders to the "Three Little Pigs" and "Hansel and Gretel" fairy tales and sooner they try to save the victims of "Cinderella" and "Little Red Riding Hood". Further, they discover that the responsible for the deaths is a victim of "Snow White'" fairy tale that expect her father to listen to her about her stepmother. When they resolve the case, Sam decides to meet the Crossroad Demon to force her to keep Dean out of the deal threatening with the Colt.

"Bedtime Stories" is a good episode of this Third Season. The story of the fairy tale killer is dark like most of the original Brothers Grimm tales and the little girl is spooky. However, the best part is the meeting of Sam and the Crossroad Demon and her revelation to him. Who might be her boss? My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): "Histórias para Dormir" ("Bedtime Stories")
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Once upon a time
zombiehigh188 November 2011
As the season goes on Sam is getting more and more brutal. He seems to be able to do anything to save Dean from his daemon deal. I find it a bit odd, But I like it somehow, since that seemed to be Dean's role in previous seasons, but I can't deny Sam scares me sometimes. On other other hand, I can't feel but pure respect for Dean who is not willing to jeopardize Sam's life or even considering trying to get out of his deal, but asking his brother to just let him go (I like the silent answer going on Dean's head as he walks down the corridor at the end). However, Sam goes after the Crossroads daemon without Dean knowing and we know that some unknown boss of her is holding Dean's contract and Sam ruthlessly shoots the Crossroads daemon dead.

The use of fairytale monsters on this one was entertaining but could have been better and the idea of the wishing for the truth to spell out spirit was nice, yet the answer was too obvious and the episode lacked the desired suspense. Furthermore the Crossroads daemon was way over the top and annoying.

I personally enjoyed the scene with the boys in the hospital with Kyle asking them "How would you feel if somebody killed your brother?" and the answer is obvious in their eyes. Finally Sam's painting was hilarious.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this