IMDb > "Supernatural" The Kids Are Alright (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb
"Supernatural: The Kids Are Alright (#3.2)"

"Supernatural" The Kids Are Alright (2007)

« Prev | 46 of 265 Episodes | Next »

Wow. Supernatural back on form.

Author: Katy George from United Kingdom
13 October 2007

After a lacklustre second half of season two and an above average season opener, Supernatural is back on form with 'The Kids Are Alright'. I was at one point in hysterics, and at another almost shocked into a heart attack. The little kid must have been one of the highlights of the episode, and Jensen's emotional range was excellent; from attachment, amusement (when he got Ben to beat up that kid), to almost disappointment at the fact Ben wasn't actually his kid. The only fault I can find with this episode is the fact that Jared was slightly left out this episode, he is my favourite. xD However, the final scene makes up for it all. For some reason, making Ruby a demon has made me like her. I didn't want to, but I can tell she's going to be an engrossing character. And the fact that she may have a way to help Sam and save Dean. I think I like her a lot. =) Excellent Episode. Funny, Shocking and Emotional.

The Changeling

Author: Claudio Carvalho from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
12 August 2009

When Dean reads the weird death of a man in Cicero, Indiana, on the news, he recalls his one night stand with the sexy Lisa Braeden eight years ago and heads with Sam to visit her. When he arrives at Morning Hill community where Lisa lives, she is giving a birthday party to her eight year-old son Ben and she invites Dean to join the party. Dean gets close to and feels a great connection with Ben, who behaves very similar to him. However, Dean and Sam discover that the community has recently had several mysterious deaths and that a Changeling is replacing the children by replicas to drain the spinal fluid of their mothers. Further, the mysterious blonde girl with a knife capable of killing demons that saved the life of Sam against the deadly sin demons visits Sam and raises an intriguing question about the fate of his mother's friends.

"The Kids Are Alright" is a spooky episode of "Supernatural". Despite the bad review that this episode would be another rip-off of Don Siegel's "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", it does not diminish the frightening caused by the images of the children disclosed in the mirrors. The possibility that Dean might have a son is the funny part of this episode, and the approach of the mysterious and sexy demon to Sam is intriguing. Who is this demon and what is her greatest objective will certainly be the mystery of this promising Third Season. I enjoyed also the beauty of the sexy actresses in this engaging show. My vote is nine.

Title (Brazil): "Tudo Bem com as Crianças" ("Everything All Right with the Children")

Chilling

Author: super_frog16 from United Kingdom
16 November 2007

Another fantastic episode. Great villain of the week, iv always enjoyed the whole changeling folklore. I found the idea of Dean having a son fun, although it was pretty obvious from the start that it wouldn't actually be his child. I loved the interaction between Dean and said child though. Having Dean being good with children adds a whole new level to his character. The action element was fab, gotta love the guys fight scenes. Im absolutely loving the addition of gore to this season. The scene with the bench saw was priceless. Hopefully the new addition of the gore and the other elements will pull some more viewers. I think this was the episode with Ruby's big reveal, which was a fantastic twist to her character. Her being a demon was a fantastic move. She plays her character with the same cool evilness tat meg brought to us in the first season hurrah XsarahX p.s. children creep me the hell out

This episode was highly entertaining and captured my interest.

Author: MorganDoll from United States
11 October 2007

The idea that Dean may have a child really entertained me, though in the end you find out it wasn't his was a little disappointing. I also like that Katie Cassidy's character was in the episode more and that you found out more about her and more about Sam's past. I'm very interested in finding out what Katie's character has in mind for helping Dean, if Sam can help her. I can't wait for Thursday's to come faster!

I'm waiting to find out what the yellow eyed demon was trying to cover up, also I'm waiting to find out if the demon appears again or if any other characters that have disappeared or died appear again. I'm really wanting to know if Missiouri is still alive or not, I thought the character has a lot more in store for the Winchesters but I haven't heard anymore about her.

Creepy neighbourhood kids

Author: zombiehigh18 from Egypt
7 November 2011

Sam is secretly trying to find a way out of Dean's deal. While Dean is still playing "My dying wish card" (It will be interesting when this shield is broken and we see him finally caring about his destiny) and Sam finds himself helpless with him. He then compels Sam to work on a possible case in Illinois and goes on searching for Lisa, an old love interest, whom he knew 8 or 9 years earlier. He finds out that Lisa had a son Ben who is exactly 8 years old, Seeing the similarities between Himself and the kid, Dean is freaked out at first thinking he might be his and disappointed later to know he is not, and he is left thinking what he would leave in the world after his death. Furthermore, there really turns to be a case in town.

This may not be my favourite but I'd like to point out some good parts:

1- Ruby turning out to be a daemon, makes her character far more interesting than being just a hunter. Otherwise she would be another tougher version of Jo.

2- Ben was a cute kid and I liked the chemistry between him and Dean, but as another reviewer referred the similarities between them were too obvious, I just wished the writers would tune it down a little bit.

On the downside, we are never provided an answer on the death of Mary's family and friends. Yes we will know later why she died but why her family and friends, it was never revealed. Moreover on season six, we will come across some members of her family so it's not as Ruby said that everyone who ever knew her is died, or may be I just got it wrong.

Getting better

Author: mm-39 from Winnipeg
18 October 2007

SuperNatural is getting better after the last three lack luster shows. Sam and Dean investigate freak accidents and Dean looks for a old flame. Was the woman's child really Dean's? I believe so! There were too many similarities between the boy and Dean. The boy was a little Dean replica. The impostor children were interesting. However, the storyline and directing lack the slickness of season one and two. It was nice to have the show centered around Dean and Sam and not their dad's friends. This episode introduced a new character (the new demon). I wonder why this demon helped these two out in the first episode. What is the motive? She says she can save Dean to Sam, but at what price? Will this turn Sam evil and for the dark side? 7/10

Trite

Author: PrivateBozz from Germany
12 December 2007

I know I'm pretty much alone with my opinion on this, but I find the Dean-Kid-Scenario extremely trite.

It's not the idea in itself I have a problem with, but the way it's been transformed. It's just too much, the similarities between Dean and the kid seem so forced, that it makes me feel as if the creators don't have that high an opinion of the audience so that they try to make their point so obvious that even the dumbest viewer gets the idea. The 'bond' between them was so exaggerated that I didn't feel anything between them at all.

I would have appreciated if they had handled that matter in a much more subtle way. I liked how Dean connected with the boy in 'Dead in the Water'. That touched my heart.

The two points I give this episode are for the changelings. They did scare me a little bit..