IMDb > "The Office" Beach Games (2007) > Reviews & Ratings - IMDb

"The Office" Beach Games (2007)

« Prev | 50 of 187 Episodes | Next »

a fire walk for the heart

Author: rahenson1 from United States
15 November 2010

The review for this episode was by someone who at the least doesn't like Pam. I won't claim to be objective either. But you're going to get a review from someone who loves that character rather than hates her.

Pam has tried hard all through season three to grow. We find out at the beginning of the season that she didn't marry Roy and has moved out on her own. When Jim comes back she's excited, but then disappointed when she finds out he's with Karen. She finally starts taking art classes. She hosts a show and no one except for Michael talks to her there. Oscar and Gil make fun of her art. Jim doesn't come. She's not perfect. She gets back together with Roy when depressed at Phyllis' wedding.

She literally walks across fire in this episode. And that's not the hardest thing (for her) that she does. She finally tells Jim he was right about them. Is it too late? I'm sure you already know the answer that it wasn't. When I watched the episode it was a couple of years after originally airing (I was late on the bandwagon). I knew that they'd get together some day. I didn't know when it would happen. But even if it had been a long time later I was so proud of her character for finally coming out with the truth she'd tried to hide so long.

I'm sorry the earlier reviewer didn't like the episode. If you're a fan of The Office I find it hard to believe (and the 6 other people who've seen that review agree with me) you'll dislike this episode.

Ooo, Pam cares about...herself

Author: Scaarge from Asheville, North Carolina
30 May 2010

So, all of a sudden, Pam feels that everyone in the office ought to treat her with the respect she feels she deserves.

All the while, failing to accord anyone any kind of respect what-so-ever. Outside of her fave, Jim, of course.

Hey, congrats, Pam, obviously as one of the heroes of the series, you can do no wrong. So congrats on your new found respectability and your mediocre artwork.

If the final season of "The Office" ended with a plague of boils, or an atomic explosion (set by Pam and Jim, of course, to blame on Dwight), well, that sounds like a winner all around.