The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008) Poster

Mediocre due to initial strengths which drain away throughout, Watch the first 30
Ben Hattrell2 May 2017
" Promise draining away with duration. A little romance with too much complication. Not enough anecdotal inspiration. Film finds itself in a mediocre rank location."

Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 (6.5/10)

Setting the scene

Imagine you are a bee ... Out on the hunt for nectar. You don't find a sweetly scented rose but end up settling on a daisy. The daisy is fine. It still provides the nectar you want but you wonder. You wonder if your fellow bees have found a flower which is more salubrious. This is the theme of the scene setting. The not knowing of characters lives and how they are unfolding. This is a capture. Gets you wanting to know more and acts as an effective hook.

Main body

The beginning shows real promise with many dramatic emotional scenes with 2 of the main characters. You almost expect some relationship development but nothing feels long term. It feels like nothing is real or deep enough to provide a real romance vibe.

Perhaps the art of the film is it's action and progression but for this, all the scenes and characters should be as emphatic as each other. This just isn't the case. The second film learns from the issue of focusing too heavily on the main character in the first. With this though it struggles to make each small excerpt from every character dramatic.

The greatest drama begins with a combination of characters. One is left out from any really emotional or engaging events. Things get a little tedious later on since the drama is siphoned just towards the main character. Only a short snippet for the left out character is provided to try to reengage or wake up the viewer. This seems a bit desperate and feeble however and some stones are left unnecessarily unturned.

The main body therefore seems to fade away and could benefit from a little truncation or just quality time focusing on relationships. That said the stories do have variety but just aren't on the whole that entertaining.

Music

Quieter music as well as increased fading was used especially well for sadness and turmoil. This enhanced the authenticity for just one of the characters though. Again this was far more effective at the early part of the main film body but by the end was not noticeable unfortunately. In general the music was calming and relaxing which suits the films friendship vibes although perhaps needs changing up where things are threatened or more exciting.

Ending

The ending is too much like the first which is a shame. There could have been a twist in the tale or the significance of the pants revealed which would have been nice.

Summary

A varied combination lacking seasoning. Not fully reasoned and seasoned by any stretch although some good relationship scenes, location variety and number of life snippets just about get you to the end of the film. No better or worse I feel than the original but the film appears to suffer from less surprise after viewing the first.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A very satisfying and well made sequel!
Davis P13 November 2015
The sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 (2008) is a very sweet, cute, entertaining sequel that those who enjoyed the first film will for sure enjoy. All four of the main actresses so wonderfully in their roles, just like like in the 1st one. The movie has a great plot that is very satisfactory. All of the actors, with the 4 main ones included, carry the film very well! This is such a wonderful film to sit down one night with a bag of popcorn and really enjoy. And I think that guys will enjoy the movie just as much as girls, which you probably would not expect, but it's true. The movie really delvs into each of the stars characters and gives a lot more insight into them. Blythe Danner in particular did a really great job in her role as Greta, and had great chemistry with Blake Lively! In fact All of the actors had good chemistry with one another. The bottom line is that this film is a well made fun movie with a well written script. If u enjoyed the first sisterhood movie, you will love this movie!! 8/10.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The Pants Don't Fit Like the Original.
Python Hyena25 August 2015
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (2008): Dir: Sanaa Hamri / Cast: Alexis Bledel, Blake Lively, America Ferrera, Amber Tamblyn, Lucy Hale: Nowhere near as fun as the original but it reunites the cast who still hold pleasant dispositions. In the first film, a pair of jeans that fit all four girls formed a connection when they went their separate ways. This time the jeans are almost unnecessary and one wonders how satisfactory the conclusion is. Alexis Bledel travels to Greece to perfect her art classes. At one point she is instructed to draw a nude portrait of a male whom she will strike up a much predicted romance. Blake Lively travels to Turkey to an archaeological site yet must accept hard facts about her mother. America Ferrera accidentally gets the lead in a play that lands her both a boyfriend as well as in hot water with the young lady for whom she was running errands for. Amber Tamblyn works at a video store and deals with a pregnancy scare. She too will also strike up potential romance. Lacy Hale plays the younger sister of the Bledel character who ends up losing the pants that become nonchalant. Directed by Sanaa Hamri with beautiful locations. While the first film regarded connection while away from each other during a summer, this sequel doesn't quite hold as strong a theme. Not the greatness of the original but it certainly travels the right path. Score: 5 / 10
nice coming-of-age franchise
SnoopyStyle2 May 2015
The girls reunite after their first year of college. Tibby Rollins (Amber Tamblyn) is studying filmmaking at NYU and has to go back for summer school. She's with Brian and they have a scare. Bridget Vreeland (Blake Lively) is playing soccer at Brown and she finds letters from her estranged grandmother Greta (Blythe Danner). She goes to a dig in Turkey for the summer. Lena Kaligaris (Alexis Bledel) is on scholarship at Rhode Island School of Design. Lena is surprised to find Kostas married with a child on the way. She falls for Leo (Jesse Williams) and then Kostas come back into her life. Carmen Lowell (America Ferrera) hates that everybody seems to be moving on including her mother. She's working backstage while at Yale. Actress Julia Beckwith (Rachel Nichols) invites her to Vermont to an acting retreat as backstage crew. She declines at first until the other girls tell her about their other plans. The workshop play is directed by Bill Kerr (Kyle MacLachlan). Leading actor Ian takes an interest and Carmen is cast as the lead. In a fit of spite, Lena's sister Effie (Lucy Hale) takes the pants but loses them in Greece.

This movie has the same charms and the same problems as the first movie. The goodness in this series are the girls and their friendships. Their trials and tribulations are soapy but compelling although the movie may be too overstuffed with soap opera. The actresses are all terrific. Once again, the problem is that the girls are separated for most of the movie. Their group chemistry is diffused. Of course, the whole point of the series is that the pants connect them as they go off on their own. It's impossible to keep them together for long without losing the whole premise. In the end, this is a nice coming-of-age franchise for girls.
Disappointed:P
callaxo31 July 2012
3 years ago I read the series to the sisterhood of the traveling pants,I never got to see the movies.Only a few days ago I decided to read the series again,vaguely remembering anything that really happened in the books.I also only recently found out that they made 2 movies for them too so right after I just finished the series I saw the movies and I have to say I am disappointed.I know the books are pretty much always considered better than the movies because you imagine everything yourself and how everything goes but the movie was just completely different,I really feel like they could have made a movie for each book instead of just jumbling some parts all into one movie.I really really wish they would create a series of movies and have more of the details and use different actors too.I don't know I just feel like a lot was missing.you might think there wasn't enough in each book to make a movie for each but I really think it could have worked.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A sequel that repeats the successful formula of the 1st, and equals it!.
callanvass15 February 2010
Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2 is a rare sequel, that actually equals the original in every way. The formula from the 1st is all here, except the girls are a little more grown up here, and a bit of the stakes are higher this time around. The girls have the same magnetic chemistry, that they portrayed in the 1st, while managing to remain just as likable as well.

Amber Tamblyn-Tibby. Is still the same stubborn woman, scared of love, and showing feeling. This time it focuses more on her relationship, with Brian. Fearing she is pregnant, she decides to not see him anymore, and prepares for the worst. When she finds out she isn't, she leaves him, and in the end, finds out just how valuable he might be to her life. She was excellent here. A little cold sometimes, but I understood why, and in the end I rooted for her, to overcome her fears.

Alexis Bledel-Lena. Has found out, that George is married. Crushed she begins to rebuild her life, while meeting a boy at an art class. Not who she thought he was, she runs into George again, while finding out, her little sister feels left out. Lena's story is probably the least intriguing, but still good nonetheless. Performance wise, she's just as good as she was in the original, nailing her character down to a T.

America Ferrera-Carmen. Is off to a drama school, and by luck gets a part in the play. Her supposed friend Julia|Rachel Nichols| gets jealous of her success, and tries to bring her down, while she meets, and falls for an Englishman named Neil. Carmen is also dealing with her Mom's pregnancy. I thought America had a sweet innocence to her this time around. Her cute facial reactions, whenever Ian said something nice, or her nervousness around, seemed cute and realistic.

Blake Lively-Bridget. Bridget has still not gotten over her mom's death. As she struggles to find answers, she goes on a path of discovery, that changes her. I thought Bridget's story, was the main component here. It was the most intense, and felt the most real, and Blake did a tremendous job.

Rachel Nichols-Julia. Is Carmen's supposed friend. Rachel did a great job of playing a jealous person, I can say that.

Blythe Danner-Greta. Did a great job as the Grandmother, and added a lot of class.

Leonardo Nam-Was likable as Tibby's love interest.

Tom Wisdom-Ian. Had a certain charm as Carmen's love interest.

Lucy Hale-Effie. Plays the clueless little sister well, of Lena's.

Bottom line. Travelling Pants 2, is a rare bird, it equals the original. These girls have clearly grown up, but remain together as one. These movies, aren't just for chicks, they can be for guys too, like me. There's something in these for everyone, and I recommend this and the original, very highly.

1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This Sisterhood Gets Caught With Its Pants Down *1/2
edwagreen14 June 2009
This Sisterhood just attempts too many plots and while it's inter-woven, it becomes downright obnoxious to view.

What's with this pants to begin with? Many people out-grow theirs and this is precisely what occurs in this film. One girl loses her mom to suicide, another goes off on an archaeological expedition to basically nowhere, a third finds romance, loses the guy who is lied to, only to recapture him later and the Ugly Betty of television gets acting part by accident in a summer drama session and makes the best of it.

The scenes depicting Greece are nice but this is not exactly Mamma Mia!That film had zest and a breath of fresh air with one specific story affecting the lives of others. 'Sisterhood" is just trying to tell too much.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
thanks god they lost the pants
hydebee-210 June 2009
first let me say this is one of the worst sequels of all time!!!! when you finish watching this garbage you think where has the last 2 hours of my life gone, answer is down the crapper.while it is not politically correct but i am gone to say what i feel in this review, why were all the girls unable to date a white American guy? or are these the little rich b---es that can fly to Europe at a drop of the hat because mom and dad have so much money and yes they find their love with everyone but a normal American kid, it seems Hollywood is telling us it is all right to date anyone you want, and yes that is true but give me a freaking break ,i am tired of the interracial couples that seem to pound us, i guess in the next one we will find out one is a lesbian are there no young white American actors for them to date ? the real fact 95% or more people are attracted to people of their same race ethnic back ground so this show goes well beyond the norms so don't force that crap down my throat let me make up my own mind!!!,this is one of the worst shows i ever had the pleasure to sit thru the plot is as bad as ever the dialogue delivered by the young ladies is so crappy and so telegraphed, the scene where all 4 girls are in the room talking it is a joke, no one would ever say the words in that context , what a joke, what a waste of talent , i saw America in a movie about a young kid trying to get home to his family she played a smuggler and was great at that part , amber a delight sort of offbeat and i loved her in Joan of Arcadia and gh but again they wasted her talents in this garbage the other 2 girls were pathetic yes bad really bad!!! well pardon me while i go puke from watching this garbage!!!
very bland, all 4 stories not interesting
MLDinTN9 June 2009
I didn't think this movie was very interesting. I didn't care for the story lines of any of the girls. They don't do much. If I had to pick one, I guess Lena's was the best since she had the drama of her guy dumping her and getting married. Plus she started dating the nude male model in her art class. Bridget goes to Turkey and makes up with her grandma. Carmen gets cast in a play, and is rather snippy with her friend that invited her to Vermont. I thought she was sort of b*tchy throughout the film. Tibby has a pregnancy scare, breaks up with her guy and gets back together.

FINAL VERDICT: Poor script. Not fun. I can't believe many people would like this.
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: 2
lorpim24 January 2009
Good movie. Girls have grown up, more mature. Once again included conflicts many teens face. Loved the filming in Turkey. Thought Tibby's problem was a bit grown-up for the movie although that happens to many girls at that age. Could have had a better guy play the role of Carmen's love interest. Blake Lively had the best performance out of everyone. Great acting between her and her grandmother. Was disappointed when Lena went back to Kostas and left Leo but if her heart wasn't into it then you can't do anything about that. Thought it was insane how Effy was going out with Bryan. That was real dumb. Loved the ending when the girls jumped into the water in Greece and then watched the sunset but was I upset to learn the pants were not found. May mean no third movie. Book was very different from movie. Book was better.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Their Friendship Is More than a Magic Pair of Jeans
Claudio Carvalho21 December 2008
Carmen Lowell (America Ferrera) is working on the backstage of a play in Yale. When the lead actress and friend Julia (Rachel Nichols) invites her to travel to Vermont with her to work in a play with professional cast, she decides to stay with her friends and her pregnant mother. However she finds that Lena Kaligaris (Alexis Bledel) will travel to a course of drawing. Bridget Vreeland (Blake Lively) is in existential crisis missing her mother and decides to travel to an archaeological dig in Turkey. Tibby Tomko-Rollins (Amber Tamblyn) is working in a rental and still editing her documentary. Therefore, Carmen accepts the invitation and travels to Vermont. She has a crush on the lead actor Ian (Tom Wisdom), who convinces her to participate in an audition, and is invited by the director Bill Kerr (Kyle MacLachlan) to perform the lead female role. Later she finds the truth about the friendship of Julia. The broken-hearted Lena finds that Kostas (Michael Rady) has married and she dates the model of her class. Bridget finds letters addressed to her from her grandmother that her father has hidden and she decides to visit her grandma, disclosing a secret about her mother. Tibby makes love with her boy-friend Brian McBrian (Leonardo Nam) but they have problems with the condom and she gets scared of a possible pregnancy. In the end, the girlfriends discover that their friendship is real and more than a pair of jeans.

I have watched this sequel during a flight without watching "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and I liked the story in spite of not being familiarized with the characters. The story about friendship and discoveries is a sort of teen version of "Sex and the City", with four young women that belong to different ethnic groups and backgrounds, but have also a solid friendship that help each other in the bad moments and celebrate together the good ones. The four subplots entwined by an apparently magic pair of jeans are good, but Carmen's one is certainly the more engaging. My vote is seven.

Title (Brazil): Not Available
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
A worthy sequel as the 4 girls get on with life.
TxMike10 December 2008
The first installment had the 4 high school friends starting their young adult lives. This one takes up a few years later, as they are in college. The main of the story is set in the summer.

This is a different movie, not simply a continuation of the first one so I will not try to compare them directly. There are 4 stories here, somewhat interwoven, but still 4 stories. I liked 2 of them, the other 2 I sort of patiently waited until it cut to another.

America Ferrera is back as Carmen, and her main story is going with an acting friend to Vermont for summer theater. All she wants to do is get a little experience backstage. But when there she meets Brit Tom Wisdom as actor Ian, who convinces her to read, and she ends up getting a lead role. I liked this story.

Blake Lively is back as Bridget, whose mother had taken her own life just 4 years earlier. She seemed to have a good relationship with her dad, but she found old letters to her from her grandmother in Alabama, that dad had kept from her, and she became angry. Then she went off to do archaeological field work for the summer. Her dad in real life, also an actor, plays her dad in the movie. I also liked this story.

Alexis Bledel is back as Lena, and we remember that she and Kostas had a brief romance in Greece. When she goes back she finds that he is recently married, a big emotional setback, and she spends the rest of the movie dealing with it. This part of the story I found a bit tedious.

Amber Tamblyn is back as Tibby, working in a video store. She has a boyfriend she thinks she loves, but really is afraid of relationships. his story I also found tedious, even though I like Tamblyn.

Blythe Danner is good as Greta, Bridget's grandmother.

SPOILERS: Where the first movie used the "traveling pants" and its seemingly magic qualities to help each girl, this movie weans them from that idea. The pants doesn't always get to the right girl, and they finally get lost in Greece when Lena's younger sister takes them there. The theme being, each girl has what she needs inside her, she doesn't need the pants. Bridget visits her grandmother in Alabama, realizes some things about her family, and goes home and makes up with her dad. Lena and Kostas reunite, but he is going to London to study.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Turkey Part
janbuy2 November 2008
the movie is about 4 girls who are good friends... Each girl is different than the other. Their friendship is the common for all.I think it is nice to watch when you want to relax and have some enjoyment. As a Turkish person what I realize was about Turkey.

Turkey scenes were totally unrealistic. I even don't think they went to Turkey for the movie but I don't like the idea to create a prejudice about my country.

Also In the movie there are lots of question marks about scenario. There are some stories which weren't completed. I think the idea was good,good actress but not good produced...
A techie's nightmare.
aridings19 September 2008
I don't know if it was a different version I saw, I live on a military base, but the cinematic side of things was HORRIBLE. 75% of the scenes either had a wandering boom stick or were shot it such horrible angles that part of the actor's faces were cut off. I cannot believe for the life of me that they would have actually released this to theatres with so many errors involved.

In addition this sequel was a bland second to the first movie. Ill chosen shots and verbal lines being most of the problem. Being someone with an extensive background in the industry I couldn't go more than ten minutes without noticing something else that was wrong.

Not worth the money to see, even in a discount theatre. Maybe I'll netflix it when it comes out on DVD to see if the video edition is any better cut.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not all that amazing but good enough
robertallenandersonjr10 September 2008
Sistehood Of The Traveling Pants 2 was a very big chick flick. I am a guy and I didn't think it was amazing by any means. It was good though for what kind of movie it was. I mean it did have its cheesy, corny, not real scenes. Otherwise the movie would have been very good. I mean it was very sappy and a love story. It wasn't so funny. The acting was pretty good but nothing very special. I mean it is a couple girls acting a teenagers type of movie so have to give them some credit. This movie did have many flaws and drug on a lot toward the end. You thought the movie would end and it didn't over and over again. It was a little to long. The girls were pretty much never together. So in my opinion the movie didn't really make any sense. It is supposed to be about them being together and best friends. They don't really talk and keep in touch all that much. The direction was pretty good. The movie did teach you a lot of lessons about life and friends though. It could have been a little shorter. It was very romantic though for girls who like romantic movies. Overall this was definitely a good teenage chick flick. I don't really think guys would like this movie. A great movie for girl to go see.
4 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Lame dialogue
les_yeux_brun8 September 2008
I found the first movie to be far more superior than the second. The sisterhood is supposed to be a movie based on dialogue, but I felt as though many of the characters were constantly getting into arguments without having a coherent dialogue. They'll say a few words and all of the sudden they wont be talking anymore or be broken up, without really building up the feeling of anger. It was extremely unrealistic and the characters were mostly hollow and bland. I don't think it was so much the actors fault as it was whoever composed the movie script. I haven't read the actual books but if they are anything as bland as the movie, I don't ever want to.

What I found the most disturbing by far was when Tibby had her pregnancy scare. When I went to the theater to watch this movie I saw the 80% of the audience were young teen girls around 12 to 15. So here you have Tibby scared half to death that Brian's condom broke. Hello! They have such a thing as a Day After Pill. All Libby would have had to do is go to the doctor ASAP, and she would have had a prescription for the pill and her chances of pregnancy would have been reduced significantly, without resorting to contemplating abortion. So here you have a group of very young girls who would most likely go through a chunk of their lives thinking that they have no choice in situations like this. And then you wonder why the United States has so many teen pregnancies compared to other so-called developed countries!
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Sisterhood of the traveling Pants 2
loverclownnotafighterclo23 August 2008
In Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 with all of the excitement and love it is a movie you cant miss. With Carmen landing a leading role and Lena finally ending up with Kostos I think this is a perfect sequel to a perfect original. Tibby(Amber Tamblyn) with her and Brian breaking up was sad but it all worked out! I think Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 was PERFECT! I don't think it was good that Effie lost the pants but it all worked out in the end. I also liked how Carmen's mom had a baby that was a fun twist and how Tibby helped! I think Sisterhood of the traveling pants 2 is great and I highly recommend it to everyone from 8 to 80!!!!!!!
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Traveling Through Change
hannah8700-122 August 2008
The sisterhood continues in this beloved story as Tibby, Lena, Carmen and Bridget graduate high school and their talents and ambitions take them each down separate paths. Throughout the film they each have their own journey to self-discovery, yet learn to still rely on each other and stay the best of friends despite the changes that are taking place all around them. It's a story too about love and how it can be found in the most unexpected places, but sometimes to get there you have to experience loss and heartache along the way. There were so many life lessons learned about family, friendship and love. It was really great to finally see Carmen come out of her shell and show everybody who she really was and what she's made of and I'm glad she finally got to fall in love this time too. I was also glad to see Tibby finally let down her guard and realize that there are people who will truly love you and never leave you. It was great too to see Bridget and her dad finally have a real heart to heart conversation and how they were both able to let go of the past and forgive each other. However, my favorite story of all was Lena's. I feel as though I can relate to her the most and she's really come so far since the first film. She and Kostos are one of my favorite love stories and I was going to be so upset if she did not choose him at the end. It wouldn't have been the same if they didn't. It would be fun to see them come out with "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 3" and find out who they become as adults, what career they chose and who they all fell in love with and married, but it didn't seem to leave much room for that. All in all,the movie ends leaving you with the satisfaction in knowing that the pants brought them all together again and strengthened the bond of friendship, but most importantly the sisterhood.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
*Facepalm*
Saku_Tatsuya21 August 2008
I honestly wish that I had seen the "Dark Knight" or at least "Step Brothers"; seriously if you're going to the movies then see those films or the "Star Wars Clone Wars". But avoid this one at all costs; it will bore you to death.

What's the plot? Unlike the first one, there was none worth mentioning in this one. Except for basically that Leena is bitchy about Kratos (I don't care if I spelled his name wrong; I hate the film too much to care) getting married to someone else, Carmen gets a major role in a play and her mother is pregnant, Bridgette goes to an archaelogical (sp?) trip then goes home to her grandmother then Tibby is being her usual bitchy self but this time she is worried about being pregnant with Brian's baby; and guess what? As predictable as it is, it turns out she isn't. But she ends up leaving Brian in anyway because "she doesn't want to talk to him" or some bullshit like that. But she ends up with him in the end; as I predicted.

The characters are bland and annoying. Now in the first one, I liked Tibby. But in this movie she got really annoying; along with everyone else. The books just bored me to the core; but the movie was worse.

I'm happy that I didn't spend my money on this trash; but I feel sorry for my mom because she did thinking that I would like because my stupid little sister does.

Right now I really wish that I had a say in what movie to see; I would've automatically went for 'Step Brothers' because it's a comedy and I prefer comedies over chick flicks any day.

At all costs, avoid this film!
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The girls still have the charm
Kristine20 August 2008
Once again, another rating that baffles me here on IMDb, now granted, I haven't read the novels that The Sisterhood is based upon, but I really did enjoy the first movie, more than I thought I would. So I was looking forward to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, curious what the girls were up too in the story. The reason I like these movies so much is because they're very real; except for the traveling all around the world despite as if money was no issue, these being college girls mind you. But the story provides teenage girls who look like your average teenagers, their stories are very relatable if you are a girl, and we have comedy, romance, and drama, a typical chick flick, but thankfully these movies are enjoyable one's that don't push it. I felt like these girls are just so much fun and like I could know them in real life.

Tibby has moved to New York, studying film and works at a movie store, but she has a bad pregnancy scare when her boyfriend's condom breaks. Thankfully it's a false alarm, but she is scared of her heart being broken once again. Lena goes to Greece for her Grandfather's funeral, she sees Kostos, but he is now married and is having a baby, so she takes an art class at home and starts dating the model that she is currently drawing. Carmen goes to Vermont to be in a drama club, expecting to work behind the scene, her leading man crush encourages her to audition and she gets a lead role causing some jealousy around the more experienced actors. Bridget goes to Turkey on an archaeological dig and finds out more about herself and goes home, but first she has to see the grandma who she thought didn't love her, it turns out she learns more about herself and her mother. But these girls have let their friendship go and must find a way to make the magic of the pants work once again.

I would honestly recommend The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, I really did enjoy the story and acting, along with the characters. I think The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 is a notch below the first film, but it still works. There are minor flaws here and there, but it's very easy to get past, I don't understand the rating of 6.0 here on IMDb, this is an honest and genuine film that I think a lot of people could enjoy. I think my favorite story this time was with Carmen once again, she's the character I can relate to most and she's very much the under dog of the story. But all the girls are a pleasure to watch on screen, they make you laugh and just have a great time with their journeys. This is a wonderful movie and I can't wait to see it again.

46 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Really Bad
Grissom6618 August 2008
In The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, based on Ann Brashares' best-selling series of novels, four young women continue the journey toward adulthood that began with The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Now three years later, these lifelong friends embark on separate paths for their first year of college and the summer beyond, but remain in touch by sharing their experiences with each other as they always have¬ówith honesty and humor. Discovering their individual strengths, fears, talents and capacity for love through the choices they make, they come to value more than ever the bond they share and the immeasurable power of their friendship. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 3/10
2 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Wonderful!
yorkiegirl_8917 August 2008
Before I start this review, I must tell you that I was a devoted fan of the books in high school and adored the first film. Also, I have three best friends with whom I have formed a similar sisterhood, and I am in my lower twenties, just like the girls in the movie. So, I confess that I was already a fan of the movie before I saw it.

This film (and the last) is perfectly cast. From the four leads, to Greta, to Julia, to Leo, the actors that play these roles are just as I had pictured them in the novels.

I love how this movie didn't shy away from the fact that Tibby, Lena, Bridget, and Carmen have grown up. Their problems are more adult and there isn't always a clear solution.

My only complaint is with Bridget's story. I wish they had included Eric and her affair from the fourth book.

In the beginning of the movie, the young women have grown apart, but by the end you will be confident that the sisterhood will last forever.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Episodic, boring and without redeeming qualities.
howesjf@aol.com14 August 2008
This is Hollywood at its worst. A totally unbelievable and predictable piece worthy of any afternoon soap opera. The story is not believable and the characters are flat. Why would the tall good looking British actor go for the short overweight Carmen, when he has the opportunity to date a tall elegant blonde. At a whim all the girls jump onto planes to Greece, never mind the cost.The first Travelling pants movie, while not a masterpiece was infinitely better than this. For the first half the movie jumps around from character to character making it hard to follow ( if you even care by this time). The pants themselves do not even figure much in the plot. Best parts are the Greek scenes and Lena's Greek grandmother. Costas gets accepted at London School of Economics which says a lot for the benefits of the EU.
5 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Take this from a guy...it wasn't bad.
nico_nasr13 August 2008
I went to see that movies in theaters as both my sisters asked me to go. I wasn't thrilled but since I had nothing to do I went.

There was around 200 people in the theater...195 girls and 5 guys. I would've thought more couples would be there but apparently, guys really didn't want to see that movie so my first thought was : "Uh oh! I'm in for a long evening!".

Well I wasn't! Of course, staring at 4 beautiful girls is hardly a waste of my time but I found myself laughing many times and was intrigued by the movie.

The story is simple. The same pair of jeans comes again as in the first movie. All the 4 girls are again separated during the summer. Lena is in Long Island in some sort of art class, Tibby is in New York for her movie, Bridget is in Turkey doing archeology and Carmen is in Vermont doing backstage work in a play.

Well I won't say anything but you know the sort of things that happen. Well they happen. And it's good, it's your average teen movie, nothing exceptionally genius but nothing bad either.

I heard lots of complaints about some loose ends but that's not really true. Maybe people didn't listen enough or didn't quite understand what wasn't said but overall, everything fell right into place.

So why go see an average teen movie you might ask? Well I ask myself that question every day. I guess I like to be entertained and those 4 girls make that happen.

You probably shouldn't waste your money on going to see it in theaters but you should definitely rent it when it's out on DVD.

So in resume, it's as good as the first one...and Tibby is hilarious!
14 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Highlights some great acting performances!
Elizabeth Duncan13 August 2008
I was really looking forward to this movie and it didn't disappoint for the most part. Blake Lively seems overwhelmed by the depth of her storyline at times, and Alexis Bledel does not seem to be improving in her acting abilities since leaving Gilmore Girls. She does seem to play well off others, against Lauren Graham on Gilmore Girls, and in the scenes with Amber Tamblyn in this film. Amber Tamblyn stood out in the ensemble, conveying more emotion with her expressions than through her dialogue. America Ferrera brought some of the strong personality of Carmen back towards the end of the film, but I thought her storyline had some flaws. The setting of Greece is beautiful as in the previous film. I do think that this sequel was able to overcome some of the more generic moments of the first film.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this